Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

why do you think this is a good thing, might I ask?

First of all, she was a terrible secretary of State. She has lied about everything from the events surrounding Benghazi, which resulted in the deaths of four brave Americans. She voted in favor of the Iraq war, and of course you know all about how she was illegally using a personal email server to communicate classified information, including top secret intelligence. 

Secondly, on top of steadily parlaying her husband’s career into her own, Hillary played the gender card frequently and without any qualms. The only thing worse than voting for a person because of his or her gender is one running for president because of it.

Lastly, since we know exactly who and what she is, we knew another Clinton presidency will be an extension of an Obama presidency. It may be hard for many to tell the country is heading in a terrible direction, because her presidency would have seemed so much like her predecessor’s, but decline it will.

A Trump presidency, since his personality and policies are unstable, could be a slight, surprising improvement, in which case that’s better than nothing. Trump wasn't my first choice, but failing to cast a vote shrugs off civic responsibilities men and women have died to protect. Writing in a third-party candidate is essentially a vote for the Democrat nominee.

@amo

I just found a pretty interesting article regarding background checks and mental health.  It's from 2013 but it's still relevant and is fairly neutral on the issue:

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/comprehensive-mental-health-background-checks-gun-buyers-no-brainer-and-almost

Needless to say, it's a fairly complex issue and it's gonna be extremely difficult to begin integrating mental health records with background checks without violating privacy laws and infringing on millions of Americans right to bear arms.  Also, it seems like a massive waste of time / resources to block a very small % of individuals from acquiring a firearm legally which automatically assumes these types of people would not just resort to alternative methods in getting their hands on a gun.

I'll also add that I am a firm believer in fully automatic, short barrel, suppressed machine guns being available at your local grocery just down the aisle from the grenade launchers and hand grenades ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

More importantly, if I hired a crew of mexicans, we could get much more work done than if i hired a crew of jews, nam sayin? 

Mexicans are the hardest working people I know, they are the american dream in the 21st century. After donald made his comments about them I decided to see if he was right or not, and lol per usual he is way off. I now shop at mexican grocery stores and try to support my local immigrant communities as much as possible. Going to get Carnitas and Barbacoa on saturday! Its going to be 100% more authentic than taco bell or any of my local gringo eateries 

I really cant believe he is building this wall. There is a rich and ancient culture over there, but unfortunately the media mentions mexicans in a negative light 99% of the time - almost exclusively with crime and immigration

Completely anecdotal, but when I worked at a scrapyard in Detroit, Mexicans were my best customers. They came in, unloaded their shit, smiled and said thank you, then got the fuck out without incident. 

@amo

I just found a pretty interesting article regarding background checks and mental health.  It's from 2013 but it's still relevant and is fairly neutral on the issue:

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/comprehensive-mental-health-background-checks-gun-buyers-no-brainer-and-almost

Needless to say, it's a fairly complex issue and it's gonna be extremely difficult to begin integrating mental health records with background checks without violating privacy laws and infringing on millions of Americans right to bear arms.  Also, it seems like a massive waste of time to block a very small % of individuals from acquiring a firearm legally which automatically assumes these types of people would not just resort to alternative methods in getting their hands on a gun.

And that is why I try not to even lump in the mental health checks as part of gun control right now because it is such a complex issue that needs to be reworked from the ground up before you can really integrate it into anything from job programs, to education, to care. Always just try and mention it as mental health research during the topic because that entire system needs to be reworked. 

I understand that you don't just start doing more mental health research and checks and all of a sudden the problem is resolved. Just that mental health research and care needs to be taken more seriously, so that these people can be properly diagnosed and hopefully be prevented from doing anything like the Va Tech shooting, but even simple things like lashing out during an episode and ending up with an Assault 2 charge that ruins their options when it comes to something like having a career. 

But that is way off the point. I just think it is something we can improve and eventually incorporate in. Right now, it isn't all that viable of an option because we suck at mental health. Like they say in the article we want to leave it up to the people that are treating those with mental illness, but when we aren't even treating or picking up on half the signs that point to mental illness we are failing a large chunk of the population in so many ways not even related to guns and crime. 

Thank you for the article. Was a good read. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can we have a serious discussion about eugenics and how modern day sterilization practices within certain demographics could be beneficial to our nation?

Can we have a serious discussion about eugenics and how modern day sterilization practices withing certain demographics could be beneficial to our nation?

this sounds pretty hitlery 

Can we have a serious discussion about eugenics and how modern day sterilization practices withing certain demographics could be beneficial to our nation?

24. Doctors won't give me a vasectomy because i may regret it no matter how many things me and my wife are willing to sign. Feelsbadman

You got me thinking about the subject.

damn only one week in to trumps presidency and i already got two people on this board to out themselves at hitler admirers. didn't think it was gonna be this easy

damn only one week in to trumps presidency and i already got two people on this board to out themselves at hitler admirers. didn't think it was gonna be this easy

VGtJdEf.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can we have a serious discussion about eugenics and how modern day sterilization practices within certain demographics could be beneficial to our nation?

the problem I have with it is that it's a slippery slope, or it can be. Like I don't think it's wrong to want to eliminate real flaws in the human genome, diseases etc. however things get fucked up when certain body types and other desirable traits become engineered and there two groups of people. One group would be the engineered group and the other natural group.

I don't think we need that kind of division, especially with how tribal the human race is.

the problem I have with it is that it's a slippery slope, or it can be. Like I don't think it's wrong to want to eliminate real flaws in the human genome, diseases etc. however things get fucked up when certain body types and other desirable traits become engineered and there two groups of people. One group would be the engineered group and the other natural group.

I don't think we need that kind of division, especially with how tribal the human race is.

Why would having every female be blonde, skinny, and with tiggle bitties be a bad thing? I'm all for eugenics if it makes every woman extremely fuckable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People on welfare should be sterilized after they give birth to the second kid they can't afford.

Just going off this point, this is why birth control should remain insurance covered and affordable 

• Upvote (+1) 1

24. Doctors won't give me a vasectomy because i may regret it no matter how many things me and my wife are willing to sign. Feelsbadman

Just blow on her boobs. Did that for 5 years and no baby until I wanted a kid. Or anal sex.

IUD's, man. They will make sex worry free without the permanent solution.

Secondly, on top of steadily parlaying her husband’s career into her own, Hillary played the gender card frequently and without any qualms. The only thing worse than voting for a person because of his or her gender is one running for president because of it.

Never suprised with the shit you post

Just blow on her boobs. Did that for 5 years and no baby until I wanted a kid. Or anal sex.

Something tells me your first suggestion would not work out for me.

IUD's, man. They will make sex worry free without the permanent solution.

Tried. Miserably failed. I'll spare the details. 

• Upvote (+1) 1