Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Is it literally a wall from border to border? I thought it was only going to be walls at strategic points of interest so they can better deal with the drugs and immigrants smuggling through.

Even if that's what Donald meant, that's not what his supporters expect. 

Who cares what those idiots expect, I'm more concerned with the actual plans and if it really is going to cost me at the grocery store and in tax dollars...

I voted for Trump and will be the first person to tell you I made a mistake if that truly is the case, but like I said I'll take anything that is said right now with a grain of salt... and wait on the actual results before I pass judgement. 

Who cares what those idiots expect, I'm more concerned with the actual plans and if it really is going to cost me at the grocery store and in tax dollars...

I voted for Trump and will be the first person to tell you I made a mistake if that truly is the case, but like I said I'll take anything that is said right now with a grain of salt... and wait on the actual results before I pass judgement. 

Really? 

You really didn't consider the possibility that he was serious before voting for him? 

Really? 

You really didn't consider the possibility that he was serious before voting for him? 

Like I said, the wall had nothing to do with my reason for voting for him. Just being honest. 

I think Trump is a strategic genius.

Think back when he was campaigning and how he had tweeted about having an important announcement to make, media shows up, airs his speech...and then at the very end he hits them with the actual point of holding the conference. Media get pissed that they were trolled.

Trump tweets today about how the US has a $60 billion trade deficit with Mexico...and if Mexico is unwilling to pay for the wall...it would be better to cancel meeting.

Mexico cancels meeting.

Trump calls for 20% import tax on Mexican goods....

This is the ultimate troll strategy. Bait and switch...I mean, I can't believe the media isn't praising him for this.

At the end of the day, there are a lot of people who have a lot of $$$ invested in America not being America...and now they're pissed we're getting our country back.

The sad thing is, it takes a billionaire private citizen to step up to the plate and make a difference. If the Republican establishment would actually grow some balls and represent the people of this country...this could have been taken care of long ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I'm glad you're here to replace Mr. Green. 

We need that. 

All yesterday they were reporting that the Mexican president was going to cancel the meeting with Trump. He wasn't some first mover on this. He was reacting to their reports. 

The 20% tax hurts the American people and this country more than it hurts anyone else. After all the uproar today they are already trying to back away from this one.

Bait and Swith. Troll. Who knew this is what some people think we need out of our fucking president. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like I said, the wall had nothing to do with my reason for voting for him. Just being honest.

What was your primary reason for voting for him out of curiosity?

Bait and Swith. Troll. Who knew this is what some people think we need out of our fucking president. 

Hey @@amo819, I'm glad you're paying attention to politics now but this is absolutely nothing new. Welcome to the show.

Well I'm glad you're here to replace Mr. Green. 

We need that. 

All yesterday they were reporting that the Mexican president was going to cancel the meeting with Trump. He wasn't some first mover on this. He was reacting to their reports. 

The 20% tax hurts the American people and this country more than it hurts anyone else. After all the uproar today they are already trying to back away from this one.

The point is, Mexico didn't react till Trump tweeted.

So...let's talk about propaganda.

http://www.electthis.com/beyond-the-wall

Disgusting.

She came home one day to see her family deported....she's been without her family for 15 years...I'm sorry but they came here illegally.

I guess anything illegal is up for interpretation right? I mean...if I go shoplift a store for some bread...I can somehow argue...well I was hungry and needed some bread. Right?

Look how well she's done for herself!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Friendly reminder that this is the same program that gave us this enlightening video.

Clear and simple racism.

I saw that too...I mean....

What is the fucking audacity of the left to say that Trump and company are trying to take over the country and we're somehow going to become George Orwell's big brother? Like...seriously?

So lets get real simple here about the actress chick (sorry for offending feminists with my "chick" classification):

1. Diane's parents come into the US illegally

2. Diane's parents gave birth to her...she's a legal citizen by birth

3. Diane in highschool comes home one day to see her parents taken away to be deported

4. Diane admits her dad told her to prepare for this...so she knew they were illegal

5. Diane says we need to reform our immigration system? What? Do you mean actually enforce the current laws?

6. Diane obviously has success in her life, and is able to WRITE/PUBLISH a FUCKING BOOK!!!

Amazing propaganda here on display. I have a BA in Advertising...it amazes me everyday when I see shit like this...and the sad thing is the common scrub will watch it and just eat it up....

lol racism against white guys isnt a real thing you piss baby

There it is. That's what I was looking for.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lol racism against white guys isnt a real thing you piss baby

also a trade deficit doesnt even fucking make sense stop saying that

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm/
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Or just build you wall without acting like Mexico is going to pay for it. And have the entirety of your supporters actually still believe that they are. 

Cause a 20% tax on mexican imports increases your cost of living on a day to day basis. 

I'd rather pay a very, very small amount extra for a tortilla than have illegals voting, raping and murdering in this country.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'd rather pay a very, very small amount extra for a tortilla than have illegals voting, raping and murdering in this country.

Starbucks.

The point is, Mexico didn't react till Trump tweeted.

Mexico has been reacting for months. 

Their president has a 12% approval rating and is trying to save face because of his previous actions to even agreeing to talk to Trump about building the wall among many other things. 

The party that is running on a lot of anti-trump rhetoric (also known as we aren't going to build the wall) has gone from 4th in the polls to 1st in the recent months. 

Can we also stop acting like Mexico doesn't have avenues that they can take if something like this does happen? A 20% tax on our imports there hurts our economy both ways and even worse if they slow import/exporting and move on to different trade partners. 

Small? Based on last years number it is a 60 billion dollar tax for a bad and bloated solution. 

A wall doesn't stop people from doing something illegal. 

Mexico has been reacting for months. 

Their president has a 12% approval rating and is trying to save face because of his previous actions to even agreeing to talk to Trump about building the wall among many other things. 

The party that is running on a lot of anti-trump rhetoric (also known as we aren't going to build the wall) has gone from 4th in the polls to 1st in the recent months. 

Can we also stop acting like Mexico doesn't have avenues that they can take if something like this does happen? A 20% tax on our imports there hurts our economy both ways and even worse if they slow import/exporting and move on to different trade partners. 

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jan26