Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

how though? Be specific

dood, he said      every       single         way.

That pretty much covers all bases.  As specific as you can be.  ;) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

and mexico is gonna pay for it!

and that REALLY sucks because I believe they are the second biggest importer of food to the U.S. 

At least last I checked they were. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Price on guacamole just skyrocketed 

First NPR, and now my dip of choice? unacceptable 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Trump cancels the plan to build the wall, you guys torch him for not following through, which it's hard for any of us to give a flying fuck what you think, just deal with it and vote someone else in the white house when his term ends.

we torch Trump because he is a failure 

If Trump cancels the plan to build the wall, you guys torch him for not following through, which it's hard for any of us to give a flying fuck what you think, just deal with it and vote someone else in the white house when his term ends.

Or just build you wall without acting like Mexico is going to pay for it. And have the entirety of your supporters actually still believe that they are. 

Cause a 20% tax on mexican imports increases your cost of living on a day to day basis. 

Why do you guys treat Trump as some infallible god who is above any and all criticism?

Lul.  Imagine if I told the republicans back in 2008 to "just deal with it".

Trump should just pull the plug on remittances.  Mexico would be begging to pay for the wall in a day.

Kinda hilarious that Mexicos largest import are its citizens that left Mexico, work in the US and send the money back lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

2017 and people still don't understand that tariffs get passed on to the consumers?

Thank God I have avocado trees and I cut my own grass.

The thing is if you actively try and ruin their economy you create a bigger immigration problem that a wall isn't going to stop. 

Imagine if I told the republicans back in 2008 to "just deal with it".

You did, we didn't cry and protest either... we went back to work, strategically planned, and took back control of congress two years later, and now the white house six years after that.... and once again I say it, "deal with it" you lose your jobs? You get kicked out of your home? What has Trump done to hurt your way of life? Hell, I'll even ask what did Obama do to hurt MY way of life? Nothing. Stop crying and just accept the fact that the person you voted for lost. If you're not going to at least actively accept the fact that Trump is your president (never said you couldn't criticize) but come on nobody is acting like Trump is some mistake free human being, but he is still who the people chose. Yes, the American People, they chose him. Time to start respecting the will of the American people.

• Downvote (-1) 3

The thing is if you actively try and ruin their economy you create a bigger immigration problem that a wall isn't going to stop.

Thats why we make it fuckin YUGE

BfY1ZBK.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Plenty of disrespect going around man, I for one just wish more people would come together and work towards a common goal. I never once voted for Obama, but grew to love and respect him for the man that he is, my president for eight  years. And his wonderful family that sacrificed a decade of their lives for the American people... something I believe Trump and his family are now going to do, or I can only hope.

For what it's worth, I hate the wall plan, it wasn't why I voted for him... 

See, this is why I hold back on spreading my opinions in this thread... because I consider most of you to be good friends and hate that we can't get along in a peaceful manner while having separate views... but what the hell who cares right? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe China will build us a wall. 

They kept out those damn mongols. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it literally a wall from border to border? I thought it was only going to be walls at strategic points of interest so they can better deal with the drugs and immigrants smuggling through.

If border patrol agents could just shoot to kill we wouldn't have an illegal immigration problem. Bullets would be cheaper than a wall and I would even volunteer.

• Upvote (+1) 6