Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

So I've heard reports that Trump did actually win the popular vote.  I wonder what the protesters are going to change their message to if it turns out it's true.

I think that the polls are a big reason why Trump actually won.  I have a feeling that there were a lot of Democrats who didn't bother voting because they figured that they didn't need to, and millennials are notoriously bad when it comes to voter turnout.

Once President Trump takes power things are going to get very, very interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Either Trump is more centerist like hes historically been his life, and people calm down.

Or he follows through on his words and shit hits the fan.

Im just waiting for January 2018 when the pot shops here open.

Once President Trump takes power things are going to get very, very interesting.

The TPP is already dead days after Trump's victory. They are well aware that there is no point in continuing discussion of a deal that Trump will abolish asap. Obama also doesn't want to give him the pleasure of shutting down his deal that he worked so hard on lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The TPP is already dead days after Trump's victory. They are well aware that there is no point in continuing discussion of a deal that Trump will abolish asap. Obama also doesn't want to give him the pleasure of shutting down his deal that he worked so hard on lol.

This...

Every foreign leader knows for a fact Trump means what he says. Let that sink in for a moment.

Nobody has a single, solitary idea of what Trump is going to do in office. 

No, not even you, Brad. 

The leaders trying to pass TPP did! So glorious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nobody has a single, solitary idea of what Trump is going to do in office. 

No, not even you, Brad. 

Will he be able to do everything he has talked about? I don't know, but he's the first candidate I've ever seen to talk about the real issues that affect our country. I would like to at least see some progress made with illegal immigration and bad free trade deals. For the first time in my life, I have hope for this country.

I think that the polls are a big reason why Trump actually won.  I have a feeling that there were a lot of Democrats who didn't bother voting because they figured that they didn't need to, and millennials are notoriously bad when it comes to voter turnout.

With the polls, that's a two way street. Sure, some democrats may have not bothered voting because they figured she was going to win, however, some republicans may have not bothered because they figured Trump would lose anyways, according to the polls.

I still stick with: the most exciting candidate always wins.

Hillary is a stick in the mud. No charisma, no excitement about her, and a monotone voice. Also, people aren't too thrilled about voting for 4 more years of Obama's policies. People voted for Hillary mainly because they hate Trump. That kind of candidate never wins. Whereas people were voting for Trump because he is exciting and they believe in his rhetoric.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's the bold truth. If jobs increase and all the things that Trump vowed to help create and influence...there's nothing really to protest. People who backed Trump backed him for a reason, if he fails...the shift will either go back on another outsider or perhaps back to the Dems.

These shifts happen ALL the time throughout our history. Go back and read about prior to 1980 and after Regan was elected in 1980.

If trump doesn't do make some exciting advances these next 4 years I don't think he'll get re-elected. As it stands the democrats are going to come out in legion to the polls next election no matter who the candidate is.

Yea okay pal, the "democrats" will be too busy telling each other he's got no chance so I'm sure a lot of them will stay home once again LOL

Just face it dude, more people than you'll ever like to admit support trump and did so the whole time. You got lied to by the precious media and their lying polls, so forgive me if I laugh at the idea that he's not gonna get re elected "no matter who the next candidate is".

Last time I checked, our last three presidents got re elected. Hell, even George bush got re elected and you, me, and everyone else knows he wasn't liked by 99% of democrats, so yea... it is kind of a big deal who the next candidate is, otherwise eight years of Trump shouldn't be overlooked as a likely possibility.

Trump is gonna have his work cut out for him when the Truck Industry dies with self driving trucks.

Thats about 3.5 million jobs that could be eliminated

Trump is gonna have his work cut out for him when the Truck Industry dies with self driving trucks.

Thats about 3.5 million jobs that could be eliminated

If he can find a way to blame it on Mexicans, he'll be alright. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trump should start deporting liberals. It'll save more money in tax dollars than any program in the history of the United States.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Or he could deport every person who voted for the Iraq war.

That'd be fine.

Congress or bush supporters?