Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

While I agree with what you are saying to an extent, you do understand the reasoning behind the electoral college is so that one region of the country doesn't have control over the rest, right? If we did things your way they might as well get rid of all 50 states and just have one big country with big cities and highly populated areas deciding what's what for everyone else.

More importantly if you stop looking at America as one country and look at it as a union of states it makes all the sense in the world. States were originally and should be still today the dominant government in America.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Trump got less votes than McCain and won the election. That means you can look at the polls one of two ways; either the Democrats responded to polls more than they did the voting booth, or Republicans did the exact opposite. But even if the latter is true, how in the world are you going to say that they were scared of being polled but not of voting? That makes absolutely no sense. 

I get it: "Why would they be scared enough to avoid the polls but not the voting booth?" Because if they avoided the latter Hillary would have won, not so much with arbitrary polls.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Our founding fathers wanted state rights because it pushes for innovation when you have 50 different entities having the power for change instead of relying on one central power. It's why we now have marijuana legalization to give you a recent example. Wow, we have the best founding fathers!

I get it: "Why would they be scared enough to avoid the polls but not the voting booth?" Because if they avoided the latter Hillary would have won, not so much with arbitrary polls.

you still haven't explained why someone would avoid polls in which they are never seen, identified to people, or even have to share that they participated in a research poll.

lol @ me not wrapping my head around things when you can't get past point #1 

you still haven't explained why someone would avoid polls in which they are never seen, identified to people, or even have to share that they participated in a research poll.

lol @ me not wrapping my head around things when you can't get past point #1 

Listen, I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion here; I don't want to be condescending; but when half of what you say is "lol" and the other half is blankly denying everything I throw at you, excuse me for my lack of etiquette or courtesy. I've already explained this more than once: people waited until they were in the voting booth because they were attacked for endorsing Trump (remember that one homeless lady who was thrown to the ground at Trump's star?). Why else was Hillary leading in the polls? Why else were the media, the pollsters, the market, the elites, and the protesters surprised when Trump won? I'm guesing you're upset he won and refuse to admit the Left handed him the win by being offended at every turn, even if that's exactly what happened. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's yet someone else explaining this: 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've already explained this more than once: people waited until they were in the voting booth because they were attacked for endorsing Trump (remember that one homeless lady who was thrown to the ground at Trump's star?).

Nobody can see what you poll as. 

You can't be harassed for something no one knows about. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Listen, I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion here; I don't want to be condescending; but when half of what you say is "lol" and the other half is blankly denying everything I throw at you, excuse me for my lack of etiquette or courtesy. I've already explained this more than once: people waited until they were in the voting booth because they were attacked for endorsing Trump (remember that one homeless lady who was thrown to the ground at Trump's star?). Why else was Hillary leading in the polls? Why else were the media, the pollsters, the market, the elites, and the protesters surprised when Trump won? I'm guesing you're upset he won and refuse to admit the Left handed him the win by being offended at every turn, even if that's exactly what happened. Correct me if I'm wrong.

you guessed wrong, I'm not "upset" on a video game forum about my candidate losing, lol. I'm too old for that. I fully acknowledge why he won, which is because democrats didn't get out and vote.  you're still wrong about point #1. the mental leap you are taking to get from "some trump supporters were bullied" to "they didn't participate in polls because of bullying" is insane.

THANK YOU-- maybe he needs to hear it twice?

THANK YOU-- maybe he needs to hear it twice?

I tend to agree with Lemon on that one, but I also think some people may feel like, "they called me on my phone, so they have my number, they might know who I am and come harass me if I say Trump." I don't know really, but I guess that may be where the fear comes from.

I don't know why we're trying to justify/excuse the polls so much. 

I have zero problem with the idea that the polls just weren't going to properly predict this election. 

The reason why that is, I leave to the pollsters to figure out. 

I tend to agree with Lemon on that one, but I also think some people may feel like, "they called me on my phone, so they have my number, they might know who I am and come harass me if I say Trump." I don't know really, but I guess that may be where the fear comes from.

lol WHAT

• Downvote (-1) 1

people aren't psychic 

That conclusion is too superficial and doesn't take into account a number of things. People were always discussing which candidate people were voting for, in real life, online, by your friends or co-workers—and because Trump supporters were generally seen in a negative light, many would rather just wait till the actual election. Speaking of anonymity, Trump often did much better in Internet polls than the official ones. Forgetting the term "silent majority", the Democrats with their political correctness gave Trump the win.

I have zero problem with the idea that the polls just weren't going to properly predict this election.

Hillary was leading in the polls. Trump still won. Meaning? More Hillary supporters were putting out their opinions beforehand. Do you see the logic behind my claims?

you guessed wrong, I'm not "upset" on a video game forum about my candidate losing, lol. I'm too old for that. I fully acknowledge why he won, which is because democrats didn't get out and vote.  you're still wrong about point #1. the mental leap you are taking to get from "some trump supporters were bullied" to "they didn't participate in polls because of bullying" is insane.

I give up, dude. Arguing with you is like a Flat-Earther telling me gravity isn't real. We're never going to get anywhere.

But wait a minute, "my candidate"? Implying Hillary was your candidate? No wonder you're in denial about the Left having to do with Trump's win: you don't want to admit your side brought about their own defeat.

Goodbye.

That conclusion is too superficial and doesn't take into account a number of things. People were always discussing which candidate people were voting for, in real life, online, by your friends or co-workers—and because Trump supporters were generally seen in a negative light, many would rather just wait till the actual election. Speaking of anonymity, Trump often did much better in Internet polls than the official ones.

Donald Trump is the first candidate to be endorsed by fucking 4chan, so of course he won the online polls.

Forgetting the term "silent majority", the Democrats with their political correctness gave Trump the win.

lol

Hillary had lower voter turnout than Obama in 2012 in 45 states plus D.C.

If "political correctness" won Trump the election, it seemed to effect Democrats a whole hell of a lot more.

when did you steal that red lobster glass

This is a family heirloom, been handed down from generation to generation

• Upvote (+1) 5