Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Apple beat quarterly rev estimates by over $3B. Microsoft beat by over $1B. Amazon smashed theirs too. This was all just last week. So, if everyone is living paycheck to paycheck, who is buying all these iphones, airpods, and surfaces? 

"This just in: Amazon and Microsoft make most of their money on consumer electronics rather than their massive corporate data infrastructure, who knew, more at 11"

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

A Bernie Sanders' presidency would be absolute worst case scenario for America. It would result in the biggest stock market crash of all time and lead to the next Great Depression, which would be much worse than the first one. The national debt would skyrocket right away. The rest the world would declare a new reserve currency, which would lead to hyperinflation in the US. Massive increase in homelessness, massive waves of illegal immigration and refugees. Empty shelves at grocery stores. We would either have all-out chaos and anarchy, or millions rounded up in FEMA camps. Many hundreds, if not thousands of unintended consequences would result if Bernie beat Trump. Personally(and thankfully), I don't think he has a chance to beat Trump in the general election.

Also, the H3 BR isnt as random as everyone makes it out to be. 

The most unfairly treated BR of all time. 

Hurricanes are tremendously wet, did you know? 

16 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

80% of americans live paycheck to paycheck my dude, stock market only shows that the rich are doing really well. Nice bullshit claim though.

People’s retirements are in the stock market. How about we don’t tank it. 

3 hours ago, TheDood said:

People’s retirements are in the stock market. How about we don’t tank it. 

lol what a way to hold America hostage

• Like (+1) 1

SOTU was great.

Democrats proved once again that they are mental children.

Trump will easily win in November. Not even a contest.

It’ll be the closest thing to a landslide since 1984.

16 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

This Iowa Caucus fuckery. Holy shit. Fuck the DNC.

Welcome to the cult

So Trump gets acquitted in the Senate of abuse of power, and then turns around and IMMEDIATELY abuses his power by firing Alexander Vindman and his brother who had nothing to do with anything.

Reason #2095802 why anyone who supports this man is pond filth.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

So Trump gets acquitted in the Senate of abuse of power, and then turns around and IMMEDIATELY abuses his power by firing Alexander Vindman and his brother who had nothing to do with anything.

Reason #2095802 why anyone who supports this man is pond filth.

Pretty sure you’re more obsessed w trump than trump supporters

3 hours ago, Cypress said:

Pretty sure you’re more obsessed w trump than trump supporters

TDS

Yawn.

This what you guys typically say when Conservative Treehouse hasn't told you what to think yet?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Why do you care so much about what other people think? It’s great to see that you’re passionate about something, that’s good, so why not be passionate about something you can control the outcome, or at least have a say. Neither of us are greater than any other one person, we are all equal, and should be treated and respected as such. I hope you have a nice weekend.

• Thonking (+0) 1

Cursed Lemon is still as based as I remember him being.

#Sanders2020

On 2/4/2020 at 6:43 PM, Rick said:

I am far from rich and the stock market gains have helped me greatly.

Invest your money and live below your means.  It's really not that hard.

'live below your means'

the american says in an economy rigged so 10 dogs fight for 9 bones and you all wonder why the 10th dog can't get a bone

• Like (+1) 1

I just can’t take any climate policy that is actively against nuclear power. All energy sources should be on the table, including nuclear. Carbon capture probably isn’t a bad idea either. 

The worst thing you could do in the short term would be ban fracking of natural gas and nuclear. 

Awesome to know that if you want to become #2 in political polls all you need to do is spend 300 million dollars in political ads. What a great system. Boomerberg hasn’t even debated on stage.

• WutFace (+0) 1

On 2/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, TheDood said:

I just can’t take any climate policy that is actively against nuclear power. All energy sources should be on the table, including nuclear. Carbon capture probably isn’t a bad idea either. 

The worst thing you could do in the short term would be ban fracking of natural gas and nuclear. 

People who care about CO2 levels but oppose nuclear don't understand nuclear and can't claim to care about CO2 levels.

• Like (+1) 1

And yet Biden is the only Democrat who actively supports nuclear energy.

I can't sigh hard enough.

I'll admit, watching the Democrats shit all over Bloomberg was fun.

Also was fun watching Mike take shots at Bernie.

The winner of the Debate was clearly President Trump.