Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Sargon video. Don't even have to break this down lol

Breaking: Republican outraged 78 year old man with 2.5 million dollar net worth who is the poorest senator of the united states and hasnt taken a single bribe having 3 houses, but not billionaires who altar your life in every way imaginable. Millenials are impressionable somehow but imagine how much of a fucking dumbass you have to be to willingly donate money to a billionaire when he can afford his whole campaign no problem lol, but ah yes millenials are the only impressionable.

You should be the one who's outraged. Your donations went to Hillary and a third home for Bernie.

People who donated to Trump helped elect him president... as intended. 

Painfully predictable, Bolton throws Trump under the bus but refuses to do it under oath.

Scumbags all around.

I wonder if Bernie wins, how will the DNC react? They don't want him obviously, so will they do what they did under Obama but... worse I guess? I could totally see it too because the GOP, if nothing else, stick by their president these days. Or they at least seem to. The DNC refuses to learn from them at virtually every turn. It cost them the mid terms under Obama so I could see them making the same mistake with Bernie. 

I...actually agree with you a bit on that.

I don't think they merge, but they will both work to make sure some loon like Bernie does not become President.

The DNC will have to chose between the man that hate more than anything else in the world (Trump) and a complete idiot.

Any of you geniuses remember when trump talked about "clean coal?" Yeah, what smart dude.

New NBC/WSJ poll: 2020 Democrats

Sanders 27% (+6 since Dec.)
Biden 26% (-2)
Warren 15% (-3)
Bloomberg 9% (+5)
Buttigieg 7% (-2)
Klobuchar 5% (-)
Yang 4% (+1)
Steyer 2% (+1)
Gabbard 2% (-)
Patrick 1% (+1)

BeRnIe iS jUsT a PaWn FoR HiLlArY/bIdEn

On 1/30/2020 at 1:49 AM, Mr Grim said:

Any of you geniuses remember when trump talked about "clean coal?" Yeah, what smart dude.

Coal is at a 'record clean'

"The Senate is not here to do your investigation for you, Democrats! You shouldn't have to call witnesses, that has to be done at the House stage!"

"Says who?"

"Uhhhhhhhh MY DAD"

If Bernie wins the nomination maybe the Dems will also just give the the runner up the nom as well. It's never worked but I could see the Dems being that stupid and afraid of Sanders.

Hot take: Sanders is most likely to beat Trump and Democrats shouldn’t be afraid of giving him the nomination. No one would be excited for a Joe Biden run, like a Sanders run. Unfortunately 

Granted, I’m a pessimist so I basically see the country as too far gone already.

How is it a hot take lmfao. I've been saying it for as long as I remember.

Yeah, country is screwed. Instead of starting endless wars we'll be making our citizens healthy and educated. Fuck it's over for the U S of A.

A Bernie Sanders' presidency would be absolute worst case scenario for America. It would result in the biggest stock market crash of all time and lead to the next Great Depression, which would be much worse than the first one. The national debt would skyrocket right away. The rest the world would declare a new reserve currency, which would lead to hyperinflation in the US. Massive increase in homelessness, massive waves of illegal immigration and refugees. Empty shelves at grocery stores. We would either have all-out chaos and anarchy, or millions rounded up in FEMA camps. Many hundreds, if not thousands of unintended consequences would result if Bernie beat Trump. Personally(and thankfully), I don't think he has a chance to beat Trump in the general election.

• Thonking (+0) 1

80% of americans live paycheck to paycheck my dude, stock market only shows that the rich are doing really well. Nice bullshit claim though.

Apple beat quarterly rev estimates by over $3B. Microsoft beat by over $1B. Amazon smashed theirs too. This was all just last week. So, if everyone is living paycheck to paycheck, who is buying all these iphones, airpods, and surfaces? 

I am far from rich and the stock market gains have helped me greatly.

Invest your money and live below your means.  It's really not that hard.

9 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

80% of americans live paycheck to paycheck my dude.

This is why we should be teaching money management in public HS.

• Upvote (+1) 1