Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Einstein said science is theism. That science can only be done by theists.

“Religion and science go together. As I’ve said before, science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind. They are interdependent and have a common goal - the search for truth. Hence it is absurd for religion to proscribe Galileo or Darwin or other scientists. And it is equally absurd when scientists say there is no God. The real scientist has faith, which does not mean that he must subscribe to a creed. Without religion there is no charity. The soul given to each of us is moved by the same living Spirit that moves the universe.”

His mentor, Max Planck (father of quantum physics), not only said the same thing often; but he went so far to detail how atheism destroys civilization in his own publications.

Einstein further validates how scientific reasoning can only happen through religious inspiration by further comparing atheists to religious fanatics.

“I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source.”

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ramirez77 negs literally every single post I add to this thread, all while contributing nothing himself. Do we not warn or punish people for abusing the rep button on this forum? It’s pretty ridiculous.

• Thonking (+0) 1

4 hours ago, gporter said:

Ramirez77 negs literally every single post I add to this thread, all while contributing nothing himself. Do we not warn or punish people for abusing the rep button on this forum? It’s pretty ridiculous

Scalzo once went through months and months of my old posts negging everything he could find because I made him look like an absolute clown over and over.

• Upvote (+1) 1

17 hours ago, gporter said:

Einstein said science is theism. That science can only be done by theists.

“Religion and science go together. As I’ve said before, science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind. They are interdependent and have a common goal - the search for truth. Hence it is absurd for religion to proscribe Galileo or Darwin or other scientists. And it is equally absurd when scientists say there is no God. The real scientist has faith, which does not mean that he must subscribe to a creed. Without religion there is no charity. The soul given to each of us is moved by the same living Spirit that moves the universe.”

His mentor, Max Planck (father of quantum physics), not only said the same thing often; but he went so far to detail how atheism destroys civilization in his own publications.

Einstein further validates how scientific reasoning can only happen through religious inspiration by further comparing atheists to religious fanatics.

“I was barked at by numerous dogs who are earning their food guarding ignorance and superstition for the benefit of those who profit from it. Then there are fanatical atheists whose intolerance is of the same kind as the intolerance of the religious fanatics and comes from the same source.”

While atheism doesn't come with a prepackaged ideology (although there is something of a culture surrounding it online that I generally avoid), I don't see any truths about nature offered by religion and for that reason I reject it. Religion appears to be manmade and nothing but manmade. Using high-profile scientists as a source of authority is a mistake, because science has no authorities, only a body of understanding built on centuries of experiment waiting to be flipped over by better experiments. We're pretty sure we're on the right track but what contemporary scientific collective hasn't mostly felt that way? Unfortunately, religion has long surpassed its utility in this enterprise. It conveniently explains everything and can't be overturned by anything, which is why it stagnates and why science marches forward every day probing the intricacies of nature to shed light on how it really works. I personally know many devoutly religious scientists because the scientific method is indifferent to religious beliefs so please don't take this commentary as a science vs. religion thing, people have their own reasons for getting involved in science and it continues to work as long as the method is followed. That's all that really matters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Hong Kong loves Trump and freedommot9i8i7yqv31.jpg

China loves Democrats and communismqn4ahmu71nw21.jpg

d5zagzo4vtu21.png

yc3ye8arvzw21.png

and since we all know you're a commie, I'm not surprised to see you stick up for China and the politicians who've sold out the American worker.

Insane would be voting for an establishment candidate and expecting a different result.

2 hours ago, akaWest said:

Insane would be voting for an establishment candidate and expecting a different result.

Ah yes bernie sanders is an establishment canindate. Next you'll post some shit about AOC being an undercover spy for cuba from CoservativeGalaxyBrain.

Also, your chart is so laughable. White people want to be the victim so badly. Oh no an SJW said I'm culturally appropriating something! Anything I do is CRUCIFIED because I'm white! Do you just have no backbone or spine that you really feel the need to have to make/share charts like this? In my experience people who do are just telling on themselves and it's hilarious.

59 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Ah yes bernie sanders is an establishment canindate. Next you'll post some shit about AOC being an undercover spy for cuba from CoservativeGalaxyBrain.

Also, your chart is so laughable. White people want to be the victim so badly. Oh no an SJW said I'm culturally appropriating something! Anything I do is CRUCIFIED because I'm white! Do you just have no backbone or spine that you really feel the need to have to make/share charts like this? In my experience people who do are just telling on themselves and it's hilarious.

Lol, the left is victim culture to the max. Michelle Obama is crying because white people moved out of her neighborhood in south side Chicago. Most are probably glad they did considering nobody in their right mind would want to live there now. 

Bernie's been a politician his entire adult life and has accomplished nothing. He is the establishment.

I’m glad you’re just outright ignoring my POV and replacing it with “the left” and think I’m going to argue from that perspective. It’s funny how you complain about Michele and company always crying victim and yet you posted a literal chart on why you’re the actual victim. Cute.

Also the Bernie has done nothing in office is the biggest lie on the planet. Recently, he made amazon not only pay 15 dollars an hour for his home state, but for the entire fucking nation. 

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/legislative-landmarks

Heres everything else. Imagine being right on almost every vote you cast regardless of the political climate at the time and being labeled a “do nothing”. Lmfao.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are you trying to project your victim status onto me once you get called out for your hypocrisy? The whole point of the chart was to point out how ridiculous you sound, not because I feel like a victim.