Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

There are lots of reasons modern nations should exist.

One is that they provide a framework  in which community can form and they provides a sense of belonging to people in a way that transends other factors like race, religion, family (clan), etc. While binding them together through shared geography, shared language, and shared history. People are not simply individuals and naturally form societies, nations are the best way for them to form. 

We often forget, modern nations were invented. They stand athwart the other ways of human organization like kingdoms, empires and tribes, often based solely on religion or ethnic ties.

38 minutes ago, Niku said:

Why should nations exist?

So we can watch the olympics every 2 years n gaze upon USA dominance.  

7 minutes ago, TheDood said:

There are lots of reasons modern nations should exist.

One is that they provide a framework which in which community can form and they provides a sense of belonging to people in a way that transends other factors like race, religion, family (clan), etc. While binding them together through shared geography, shared language, and shared history. People are not simply individuals and naturally form societies, nations are the best way for them to form. 

We often forget, modern nations were invented. They stand athwart the other ways of human organization like kingdoms, empires and tribes, often based solely on religion or ethnic ties.

You can have all of those positive things without modern nations. So why require them?

5 minutes ago, Cypress said:

So we can watch the olympics every 2 years n gaze upon USA dominance.  

Very true. Maybe thats why he’s upset though.

Just now, Niku said:

You can have all of those positive things without modern nations. So why require them?

How?

44 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Very true. Maybe thats why he’s upset though.

How?

You're asking how we achieve all those things without violence? Without a state system?

Empower the proletariat, in other words help them acquire freedom.

States arbitrarily annexes, commit violence , there is permanent dislocations with culture, shared community & often it is never fixed because of state building. Diversity of language is dying because of the centralising force of state systems.

Just take China for example with the Uyegar (is that you spell it?) Muslims being genocided in their east.

What about the United States? You guys love to go on about your freedom of speech all the time (lol)

It was banned in the United States to speak Hawaiian. It was nearly entirely destroyed & has only just managed to survive. 

There are endless examples. States are institutions of tyranny. Dismantling them is the solution. Which requires effort from effectively everyone to resist domination.

So, where are all my "I'm a constitutionalist" conservative peeps at now that Trump is shitting all over it? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheDood said:

Thank you "Secular Talk", very cool!

oh no he actually has a brain, the humanity

If I hear one more of my right-wing-woke friends tell me I need to support Tulsi "I Would Literally Nuke The Middle East If I Could Get Away With It" Gabbard, I'm going to snap.

7 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

facts...logic....ahhhhhhhhhh it burns

Ok Ben Shapiro, chill out

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

If I hear one more of my right-wing-woke friends tell me I need to support Tulsi "I Would Literally Nuke The Middle East If I Could Get Away With It" Gabbard, I'm going to snap.

Yo you should support Tulsi Gabbard. She’s pretty cool

2 hours ago, TheDood said:

Ok Ben Shapiro, chill out

Yo you should support Tulsi Gabbard. She’s pretty cool

No if I was ben shapiro I would say facts and logic then start arguing based on my religious principles and try to intertwine them with the nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats with the NBA and all these other companies sucking up to China? They’re the bad guys.

Also, screw Turkey

Funny because it’s a direct reflection of unchecked capitalism. Kinda sucks right? Companies following the money and don’t care about anything else?

• Thonking (+0) 1

I agree with you. 

Conservatives should be begrudging capitalist. 

Corporations are definitely willing to crush tradition, liberty, and sovereignty to make a profit. 

The big irony with China is for how unbelievably awful their government is, they're still kicking our asses in addressing the climate. Apparently American politicians missed the memo.

LOL yeah china (+india) who make up 90% of the trash pollution in the oceans are surely beating the US in "addressing the climate". You have less than room temp IQ.

Cursed Lemon, you’re an idiot. Praising China? They lead the planet in executions. There isn’t freedom of religion, they have concentration camps. Please kindly fuck off with your bull shit.

• Downvote (-1) 1

As if those things pertain to anything about climate change, gporter.

Either way pretending to care and lying about your emissions is better than flat out being an idiot about it and saying you don’t care at all/isn’t real, I guess.