Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

If he's so responsible for himself, I bet he doesn't even have insurance. 

Right? 

He better hope hes not one of the 1.7 Million people who will be diagnosed with cancer this year. Average cost of treatment/cure is $150,000. He's got that saved up and ready to go. But he's never gotten cancer up until this point so that means he never will. Anecdotal 200iq responsible genius.

I mean yes, the whole "I'll never get sick" rhetoric is one line of idiot logic. 

But it's the fact that most of these people have private insurance - they literally pay for other peoples' health care already.

7 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I mean yes, the whole "I'll never get sick" rhetoric is one line of idiot logic. 

But it's the fact that most of these people have private insurance - they literally pay for other peoples' health care already.

I think this is the best argument for universal healthcare. That and 50% or so of the country already has Medicaid or medicare.

14 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Precisely, people are already doing this. It's a very good and responsible system if done properly, however some very dirty and greedy ass people have gotten into the medical insurance space.

Average cost would go down in bernies system because you'd cut out the for profit middleman who's whole job is to screw over as many people as possible who are paying customers into the system. You pay, you're covered, you go to the doctor and get healthy. Prevent the wait of disease or a potential issue until it turns into that massive expensive problem. How it should be. Not like now that even if you're paying you may not get covered just because they feel like making more money on top of their big profits.

9 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

He better hope hes not one of the 1.7 Million people who will be diagnosed with cancer this year. Average cost of treatment/cure is $150,000. He's got that saved up and ready to go. But he's never gotten cancer up until this point so that means he never will. Anecdotal 200iq responsible genius.

I won't be. I'll never get cancer or any of that bullshit. That's for unhealthy and reckless living folks. I take care of myself a million times better than 99% out there. Everyone is crying about the cost of health care and how they're so victimized. I'm laughing all the way to the bank in perfect health while paying $0 for health insurance. 

Maybe if old ass Bernie Sanders would start hitting the gym instead of constantly screaming "Trump is racist!", he could lower his blood pressure and avoid those heart attacks.

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Not if you're a genius like me who is in total control of their health. The idiots are the ones who don't take care of themselves and are wasting thousands each year on health insurance. Health insurance, what a scam, what a joke. 

...You might want to reevaluate your own health. 

Trump is 70+ years old, so it's expected that he might be in the throes of dementia as he very clearly is. 

Meanwhile here you are in your 20s/30s...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

...You might want to reevaluate your own health. 

Trump is 70+ years old, so it's expected that he might be in the throes of dementia as he very clearly is. 

Meanwhile here you are in your 20s/30s...

I evaluate every day. Trump doesn't even work out and he is in great health for his age, despite being a little overweight. Also key is that he doesn't drink, smoke, or do any drugs/opioids. And lol he doesn't have dementia. If he did, no way in hell could he perform those hour-plus long rally speeches...all without a teleprompter. 

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That's some interesting roundabout victim-blaming for cancer patients. 

Or car accident victims. 

Or those with genetic disease.

Or those struck by natural disasters. 

Or those with autoimmune disorders. 

Or type-1 diabetics. 

Or those who suffer work-related injuries. 

Or those with severe allergies. 

Or those with mental health problems. 

Or women who need prenatal care. 

But yeah, fuckin' fatties totally ruining it for everyone m i rite

All I see here are circumstances that happen to be a part of our Lords’ plan.  Being obese with beetus is not thy will of God... it is nothing more than sinful gluttony.  Who are we as human beings to interfere with our modern medicines and practices?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anti-Trump conservatives be like: 

“Open Borders, Abortion until birth, 60% income tax, government take-over of healthcare, anti-christian courts, economy killing regulations, abolishment  of the Electoral College, and general anti-American rhetoric   > Immature Tweets”

• Downvote (-1) 1

14 hours ago, TheDood said:

Anti-Trump conservatives be like: 

“Open Borders, Abortion until birth, 60% income tax, government take-over of healthcare, anti-christian courts, economy killing regulations, abolishment  of the Electoral College, and general anti-American rhetoric   > Immature Tweets”

This all sounds fantastic thanks for this

49 minutes ago, MarkyVersace said:

How does open borders, 60% tax rate and anti american rhetoric sound fantastic?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Rise up!

And then be transported to the hospital because of chest pain.

• Upvote (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MarkyVersace said:

Something tells me you’re not a conservative :kappa:

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

Something tells me you’re not a conservative :kappa:

ideology in the 21st century is pretty cringe bro

Nations should exist and can’t if they can’t decide who can come in.

2 hours ago, Niku said:

ideology in the 21st century is pretty cringe bro

Conservativism is an intuition and philosophy not an ideology.

• Thonking (+0) 1

16 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Nations should exist and can’t if they can’t decide who can come in.

Why should nations exist?

21 minutes ago, Niku said:

Why should nations exist?

Separation of power. Same reason individual states should exist.

12 minutes ago, akaWest said:

Separation of power. Same reason individual states should exist.

Nations are a centralised power though, that lays claim to the monopolised use of violence aka power.

States are not separate powers.