Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Cypress said:

...and stealing my wallet.

It was a "Republicans are eugenicists" joke but yeah thanks for commenting

7 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It was a "Republicans are eugenicists" joke but yeah thanks for commenting

reaching across the aisle to the republican side and stealing all our money.  two steps ahead of you.

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Can't steal Republican money when it's all stored in foreign tax havens 

I'd imagine Bernie's going to have a hard time coming up w/ that 14-28 trillion.

• Like (+1) 1

Getting the rich to actually pay for public works/welfare is a difficult problem. 

Probably better than voting for the rich, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also, what is with all this “Buyback” talk (yang with cars, everyone with guns)? How can you buy something BACK when it  is not, and never was, yours? 

38 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Steals our tax money: uses it to fund abortion in poor countries. 

You must be one of those people who think all Planned Parenthood does is perform abortions. 

You must also be one of those exceedingly transparent people who hates abortion but also hates family planning resources. 

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Getting the rich to actually pay for public works/welfare is a difficult problem. 

Arent all of the presdential candidates that end up winning rich? 

I am 100% pro abortion.  It's one of the few things Democrats have right.

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You must be one of those people who think all Planned Parenthood does is perform abortions. 

You must also be one of those exceedingly transparent people who hates abortion but also hates family planning resources. 

Yeah they do mammograms! (Oh wait, not really).

In all seriousness, maybe I’m fine with the rest of what they do, just opposed to the whole, extinguish human life, thing. Their deeply racist roots don’t help me to like the brand either.

‘Family planning resources’ are called condoms and they cost $5 not sure why the government is responsible for your sex lives. There is also an institution that has existed since the dawn of civilization until about 50 years ago, where children could be reered with stability and protection. Where the occasional accidental pregnancy wouldn’t be world ruining. It was called marriage and the left has done nothing but attack it. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

2 hours ago, Rick said:

I am 100% pro abortion.  It's one of the few things Democrats have right.

Men need to stop irresponsibly ejaculating.  Pull out, or better yet just jerk off and spend less time trying to fuck random girls that could get pregnant or have aids.

• Simms (+1) 1

Obviously. But it has declined significantly in popularity and influence. My point is that a lot of times, it feels like if you oppose abortion leftist pretend like the only alternative is massive increase in out of wedlock births, resulting in obvious problems. 

The thing that gets me with the people that hate abortions, they no longer care what happens to that human baby when it’s born.

You are very right about marriage, it’s definitely not what’s it once was. Most of us have dealt with divorces growing up and don’t want to have to experience that ourselves. I know that has made it hard for me to want to get married. My mom was physically abused by her ex husband when I was six years old, then my dad was conned into buying a new home with his then wife, before she took half of his equity in a divorce a year later. The home he had before was purchased before their marriage. By then I was 11 and pretty well aware. Watched that divorce absolutely crush my father, wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Divorce is probably one most damaging trends in America. The court rulings on it are pretty messed up too.

"The answer to anyone who talks about the surplus population is to ask him whether he is the surplus population; or if he is not, how he knows he is not."

-G.K. Chesterton: Introduction to A Christmas Carol. (1922)

Broke - sacrificing children to appease the sun god

Woke - abort children to....heal the environment?

• Fire (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Neither party is going to take money from their biggest donors.

He must have heard something about the Clintons.

• Upvote (+1) 1