Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

You’d call Albert Einstein the dumbest person alive based on his politics so really you’re not saying much here, Rick.

wow nice fucking chart there bud, maybe the S I Z E of a fire matters a little bit not just the quantity.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

No, I call a spade a spade.

Yeah, just some very strange coincidences between who you label smart/dumb and their political affiliation. Nothing suspect there. Just calling a spade...a spade!

6 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Trump tweets classified surveillance information on Iran. 

BUT

HER

EMAILS

First off, Hillary had SAP's on her server. That's unheard of and would put anyone else with or without a TS/SCI away for a very long time. 

Second, the President can pretty much declassify any document they want whenever they want. So even if the image was classified at one point, it wasn't when he shared it. 

Try harder shareblue

• Downvote (-1) 1

6 hours ago, akaWest said:

First off, Hillary had SAP's on her server. That's unheard of and would put anyone else with or without a TS/SCI away for a very long time. 

Second, the President can pretty much declassify any document they want whenever they want. So even if the image was classified at one point, it wasn't when he shared it. 

Try harder shareblue

lol did you really just "it's okay when we do it" me? 

Like I know you're a shill, but that's bold even for you. 

6 hours ago, akaWest said:

Try harder shareblue

source.gif

Remember, there's no difference between not being tech savvy and failing to understand the vulnerability of a private server... ... ...and deliberately broadcasting intelligence (failing to consult your own government as to the sensitivity) to the planet over Twitter. 

No difference. 

Both sides are the same. 

Hillary Clinton is very tech savvy. She singlehandedly turned off every security camera pointed at Jeffery Epstien’s cell so she could strangle him with her bare hands!

• Thonking (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

not being tech savvy and failing to understand the vulnerability of a private server

You don't actually believe this you fuckin liar and you're not fooling anyone here.

1 hour ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

You don't actually believe this you fuckin liar and you're not fooling anyone here.

I don't believe that Hillary Clinton is a typical out-of-touch boomer? 

“...For the last 35 years the world has been reforesting...”

7 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Remember, there's no difference between not being tech savvy and failing to understand the vulnerability of a private server... ... ...and deliberately broadcasting intelligence (failing to consult your own government as to the sensitivity) to the planet over Twitter. 

No difference. 

Both sides are the same. 

She had air gapped files which were downloaded from a secure viewing location uploaded onto her server. This was not an accident. 

You can't be this dumb.

Just now, akaWest said:

She had air gapped files which were downloaded from a secure viewing location uploaded onto her server. This was not an accident. 

You can't be this dumb.

Please, I beg you, tell me your big and enthralling conspiracy detailing why she did this to specifically and deliberately compromise the security of this information (that thing you apparently are very willing to forgive people for, as it happens) instead of the much more likely and much more Razor'd explanation - that she's a technological idiot, like all of her peers. 

39 minutes ago, TheDood said:

“...For the last 35 years the world has been reforesting...”

Much of the re-forestation is occurring in deserts and tundra that had been barren, thanks to human-led reforestation initiatives, such as in China and Africa, and because of global warming. Warmer temperatures are what have allowed forests to grow in tundra.

I guess I should've specified "less forests in actual regions where forests provide their intended functions like biodiversity and carbon sequestration, not plantation monocultures in unnatural places that are planned to be harvested". 

13 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Please, I beg you, tell me your big and enthralling conspiracy detailing why she did this to specifically and deliberately compromise the security of this information (that thing you apparently are very willing to forgive people for, as it happens) instead of the much more likely and much more Razor'd explanation - that she's a technological idiot, like all of her peers. 

Going into a secured viewing location and downloading SAP's is a crime.

Possessing SAP's outside of a secured viewing location is a crime

Uploading SAP's onto anything (secured or not) outside of a secured viewing location is a crime.

The argument about why she did it is irrelevant. 

And yet Donald Trump's tweet got some randos on Reddit to calculate our spy satellites' locations on the back of a napkin. 

So the intent wasn't there and the consequences weren't there for Hillary, but somehow in this instance the most important thing is the letter of the law. 

God you people are pathetic shitsacks. 

In other news, glad all those Good Guys With Guns™ in Texas were there to stop the mass shooter. 

Considering that the suspect was shot dead, I'd say that the good guys with the gun stopped the mass shooting.

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I guess I should've specified "less forests in actual regions where forests provide their intended functions like biodiversity and carbon sequestration, not plantation monocultures in unnatural places that are planned to be harvested". 

Just a side note, not related to the amazon fires but....  Forest fires (on a certain level) are actually great for our eco-system.   They are very natural after-all.  Out here in the west, forest fire prevention (to protect urban sprawl and developments) has contributed to the decimation our forests and wildlife habitats in certain areas by allowing pine beetles to thrive n wipe out massive sects of forests.  

• Upvote (+1) 1