Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Niku said:

Americans are so fucking stupid they honestly think Hong Kongers are freedom (tm) loving American patriots when they're waving those shit flags because they know Americans are the only ones capable of fighting the People's Liberation Army.

I guess it has obviously worked.

Are you actually on China’s side?

14 hours ago, TheDood said:

Are you actually on China’s side?

No.

Why do Libertarian-Conservatives suck up to massive companies (especially big tech companies) when those corporations are constantly trying to crush conservatives and conservative principles? 

• Thonking (+0) 1

17 hours ago, TheDood said:

Why do Libertarian-Conservatives suck up to massive companies (especially big tech companies) when those corporations are constantly trying to crush conservatives and conservative principles? 

"Make money, fuck everyone" is a conservative principle, so...

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"Make money, fuck everyone" 

This is actually pretty accurate for me. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

Not at all. 

Sorry, it's "make money, fuck poor/colored/non-Christian/etc. people". There is some allegiance among wolves. Which is why Epstein, Clinton, and Trump ran together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

Link didn't work

I would think the data would show Republicans donate more but I would chalk that up to Republicans being more likely to go to church. I wouldn't necessarily say that's charity.

4 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Link works fine, tl;dr libtards donate more

More as a total or more individually as a % of income? 

• Thonking (+0) 1

2 hours ago, pharmassists said:

More as a total or more individually as a % of income? 

“Ultimately, total levels of redistribution—both private and government—are higher in Democratic-leaning counties.”

Aka not soulless ghouls

18 hours ago, pharmassists said:

Do Democrats or Republicans donate more to charities?

Republicans easily. Republicans have more money on average and billionaires need somewhere they can siphon their money through to not pay tax.

10 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

“Ultimately, total levels of redistribution—both private and government—are higher in Democratic-leaning counties.”

Aka not soulless ghouls

That's not charity. Redistribution is taxes. So they are basically saying blue states paying more taxes = more Charity 😂

1 hour ago, pharmassists said:

That's not charity. Redistribution is taxes. So they are basically saying blue states paying more taxes = more Charity 😂

Both private....and government...dude. Lmfao.

You're telling me giving someone cash out of the kindness of your heart doesn't flake into "redistribution of money/wealth/whatever" in one way or another. Come the fuck on. Literally the definiton.

This is research article speech and you're getting hung on the word "redistribution" because they're trying to be more professional than using the word "charity".

56 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Both private....and government...dude. Lmfao.

You're telling me giving someone cash out of the kindness of your heart doesn't flake into "redistribution of money/wealth/whatever" in one way or another. Come the fuck on. Literally the definiton.

This is research article speech and you're getting hung on the word "redistribution" because they're trying to be more professional than using the word "charity".

Charity is optional, taxes isn't.

So you would classify taxes as charity then?