Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, Rick said:

Good ol' Legendaryshotz reminding us that he doesn't have the slightest idea of how the economy works

Ah yes one of the most wrong guys in the thread is going to say I don’t know how economics work. Fucking lul dude. Acting like I don’t dabble in daily fantasy sports and cryptocurrency regularly and all of that is exactly like the stock market if you’re any good at it.

Stocks are not just short term. People can be buying too because if this shooting doesn’t make the president reconsider nothing will. And his idiocy is now spreading to negatively speculate on the video game industry.

2 hours ago, Cypress said:

Jesus dude.

it's all just temporary market shifts based on what the president said / anticipated consumer reactions.  Absolute nothing burger.

bigger? berger? 

4 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Ah yes one of the most wrong guys in the thread is going to say I don’t know how economics works. Fucking lul dude. Acting like I don’t dabble in daily fantasy sports and cryptocurrency regularly and all of that is exactly like the stock market if you’re any good at it.

Stocks are not just short term. People can be buying too because if this shooting doesn’t make the president reconsider nothing will. And his idiocy is now spreading to negatively speculate on the video game industry.

The stock market is literally people's feelings. That's why it tanked every time Obama gave a speech.

9 hours ago, Cypress said:

Watch his interview w/ Joe Rogan.  The guy is a certified psychopath.

I thought it was common knowledge that only window lickers listened to his show.

It kinda seems like an act to me. 

You have to admit that episode of Rogan was really entertaining. I wanted Eddie Bravo to choke Jones out so bad.

I'm just numb to these school shootings. Nothing is going to be done. Legally purchased weapons being used for most of these shootings. Can't even get a bill on the floor to vote.

On top of that, where I live we have a drug problem. Another guy I graduated high school with just OD'd, making it now 5 people in my class of around 200 who have done the same. 

I don't know what it is. Is it the internet that has allowed news spread quickly which is making me realize all the horrible shit going on? Were things really better 20 years ago? Or is part of growing up just seeing terrible shit everywhere.

23 minutes ago, Destroyaaa said:

I'm just numb to these school shootings. Nothing is going to be done. Legally purchased weapons being used for most of these shootings. Can't even get a bill on the floor to vote.

On top of that, where I live we have a drug problem. Another guy I graduated high school with just OD'd, making it now 5 people in my class of around 200 who have done the same. 

I don't know what it is. Is it the internet that has allowed news spread quickly which is making me realize all the horrible shit going on? Were things really better 20 years ago? Or is part of growing up just seeing terrible shit everywhere.

Human overpopulation is the root cause. However, like every other problem, nothing will be done until the SHTF.

6 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Ah yes one of the most wrong guys in the thread is going to say I don’t know how economics works. Fucking lul dude. Acting like I don’t dabble in daily fantasy sports and cryptocurrency regularly and all of that is exactly like the stock market if you’re any good at it.

I am Always Right.

14 hours ago, Rick said:

I am Always Right.

Except in the rare instances where you disagree with me, in which cases, I am always right.

• Like (+1) 1

Some things I learned/acknowledge from this interview.

1. Bernie is not an idiot

2. Me too drugs are produced by greedy companies. I can validate this as a pharmacist. A "me too" drug is when you take a molecule that works and you very slightly modify it simply so you can call it something new and get a patent and then make billions of dollars off of something that isn't unique.

3. Drugs are in fact sold in other countries for a fraction of the cost. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yup, people are going to Canada and Mexico to buy drugs because they're 1/10th the cost of here. The American Dream I guess, scurrying to other countries so you don't die so you can actually afford your medication. What a health system.

Also, yes, bernie is very smart.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bernie is smart like a fox and shouldn’t be allowed into the chicken coop. 

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

Bernie is smart like a fox and shouldn’t be allowed into the chicken coop. 

Ah yes, the dumbass in chief does so many stupid things to hurt people hes a smart genius troll... but the actual smart guy is a fox who preys on people even though throughout his whole career he's stuck up for the vulnerable, for the mistreated, and for the little guy. My ass dude.

I don't think Bernie is stupid, but he is an idiot.

I can't even listen to him talk anymore.  His way of speaking is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

RIck I guarantee you're the type of guy that liked the 30-50 feral dogs tweet

• Fire (+1) 1

I probably agreed with less than half what he said.  I got the impression he was more than a talking head. He was especially right about healthcare. Bernie is different than most politicians in that I don't think he is bought out. So I have to at least respect him.

Oh and I wish he would stop saying Medicare for all. Medicare is not as popular as he thinks it is.

5 hours ago, Killmachine said:

RIck I guarantee you're the type of guy that liked the 30-50 feral dogs tweet

I don't do twitter and have no idea what you are referencing.

>projecting 

• Upvote (+1) 2

On 8/7/2019 at 10:37 AM, TheDood said:

Bernie bros are beyond cringe-y . 

Who spells cringey like that dawg lmao

1 hour ago, legendaryshotz said:

Who spells cringey like that dawg lmao

PEOPLE WHO ARE ALWAYS RIGHT THATS WHO

• Like (+1) 1