Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's really more the side of the aisle on which Alex Jones is seen as a legitimate source of news and actually has political sway. 

Is 3 people considered a “side of the aisle”?

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, legendaryshotz said:

So how does that change the notion that guns shouldnt be ezpz to get exactly

Its an unrelated point. It’s pretty jarring to see political polarization in terrorist. 

5 minutes ago, TheDood said:

I've seen at least 30 people with InfoWars bumper stickers since Trump got elected. 

2 hours ago, TheDood said:

In December 2015, Jones says he initially "formed a bond" with Donald Trump, after the presidential candidate appeared on The Alex Jones Show, with Trump stating "Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down."

The recent mass shootings are appalling. 

What I dont get is peoples reactions to these events, compared to their non reaction to the constant shootings in cities like Baltimore, Chicago, St Louis, etc. 

Why does the latter not garner the same reaction? IDGI

23 minutes ago, Scalzo said:

The recent mass shootings are appalling. 

What I dont get is peoples reactions to these events, compared to their non reaction to the constant shootings in cities like Baltimore, Chicago, St Louis, etc. 

Why does the latter not garner the same reaction? IDGI

These suburban mass shootings seem more sensiless, while gang violence seems more ‘deserved’ I guess, idk. Also general murder rates are down while these shootings are happening more it seems. There are probably lots of political reasons too

Both are pretty horrible 

6 hours ago, TheDood said:

These suburban mass shootings seem more sensiless, while gang violence seems more ‘deserved’ I guess, idk. Also general murder rates are down while these shootings are happening more it seems. There are probably lots of political reasons too

Both are pretty horrible 

That makes sense but  I guess I view both as sensiless.

There are lots of innocent victims who arent in gangs but are caught in the cross fire. And even then, a lot of people in gang culture are victims of said culture and predestined into the life.

• Upvote (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, gporter said:

yikes

He did that on purpose to troll the leftist media, clearly. He's a bonafide genius.

• Simms (+1) 1

Joe Biden just said Houston and Michigan. So this is a beyond stupid conversation. 

14 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's really more the side of the aisle on which Alex Jones is seen as a legitimate source of news and actually has political sway. 

You said yourself all pundits suck so I understand. Just know he is equally loathed by classical conservatives. His niche is more with the conspiracy theory crowd. 

39 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Joe Biden just said Houston and Michigan. So this is a beyond stupid conversation. 

I don’t like trump and Biden is literally right there on being the worst.

This country is fucked. It’s a wrap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is very good. We should make examples of these people. They should be executed within a year, not thirty years late (or never). 

.22lr behind the ear and dumped in a garbage can.

I'd entertain the idea of torture too.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

I don’t like trump and Biden is literally right there on being the worst.

This country is fucked. It’s a wrap.

People just panic buying...

That shit happens after every mass shooting, when the president hints at anything related to gun control.  Not a big deal at all

• Upvote (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

His niche is more with the conspiracy theory crowd. 

Watch his interview w/ Joe Rogan.  The guy is a certified psychopath.

I thought it was common knowledge that only window lickers listened to his show.

Un-ironically: Firing Squad is likely the most humane execution method. 

3 hours ago, Cypress said:

That shit happens after every mass shooting, when the president hints at anything related to gun control.  Not a big deal at all

And just panic selling viyda games?

19 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

And just panic selling viyda games?

Yes. People with money respond to what the president says by buying and selling stocks, because they understand that his words have power. Are you actually having trouble grasping this?

34 minutes ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

Yes. People with money respond to what the president says by buying and selling stocks, because they understand that his words have power. Are you actually having trouble grasping this?

...which is why I said this country is fucked. Blaming video games and not guns is absolutely laughable and only a moron would make that claim.

• Upvote (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Cypress said:

Also, people wouldn’t buy stocks into guns if the President came out and said they’re going to do hardcore gun reform, what kind of sense would that make lol. More like a sigh of relief and business as usual.

Good ol' Legendaryshotz reminding us that he doesn't have the slightest idea of how the economy works

• Upvote (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

...which is why I said this country is fucked. Blaming video games and not guns is absolutely laughable and only a moron would make that claim.

Jesus dude.

it's all just temporary market shifts based on what the president said / anticipated consumer reactions.  Absolute nothing burger.

• Like (+1) 1