Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Imagine (@cypress) using China as an example on how to unequivically worship leaders. They cannot critique the president by any means without reprocussions, hell calling him winnie the pooh is outright banned in china. Great system am i rite?

Next I'll see that we should use the Chinese social credit system to make america better, by spying on everyone with cameras, conversations that they have on every social media apps, and one move the government doesnt like tanks your score and won't allow you to travel or take out loans.

This is why I never take conservative "patriotism" seriously. It's always "MUH FREEDOM" bullshit until it's something that they don't like then they actually praise censorship to the mountains when it's about their idealogy. Dumbest post I've seen thus far. Freedom of speech is tyranny lmfao.

Talk about missing the point by 1000% lmao

2 hours ago, akaWest said:

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber...

Your conclusion from that tweet was the left are tyrannical. I don’t think I’m the dumb one here.

Go ahead, support trump. Support idiotic ideals. Just because you’re ass devastated  that people here actually have a brain and don’t put up with nationalistic bullshit over facts and people.

Youre free to support him, this is in fact America. I’m free to call you an idiot. That’s not the same oppression as in mainland China, stop being a snowflake.

Another day, another right wing incel extremist kills a bunch of people because they hate minorities.

Antifa are the real fascists though duh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Texas is a gun free zone, oh wait no it’s not. Where was the good guy with a gun?

Almost like giving people absolute free reign to purchase deadly weapons isn’t a good idea.

He should be executed swiftly. 

Hopefully he will be since it’s Texas. 

Putting away all the pumper sticker slogans: 

America has had guns since its founding, why are there so many mass shootings RECENTLY, especially since the overall murder rate and gun violence rates are down. Why are mass killings and terror attacks on the rise and apparently disconnected from other crime rates? What has changed 

• Thonking (+0) 1

It seems to me that gun control would be treating the symptoms within treating the illness, and would be stripping innocent people of their rights. Without skipping a beat we would be talking about banning knives like the UK. Something is deeply broken in our contemporary times, however.  

• Thonking (+0) 1

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

Putting away all the pumper sticker slogans: 

America has had guns since its founding, why are there so many mass shootings RECENTLY, especially since the overall murder rate and gun violence rates are down. Why are mass killings and terror attacks on the rise and apparently disconnected from other crime rates? What has changed 

Human overpopulation. Hyper inflation. Lower standard of living.

23 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

Human overpopulation. Hyper inflation. Lower standard of living.

Because of brown people, not because of a handful of people having more wealth than the rest combined though. 1 person having 150 billion while the rest struggle to even pay rent is how the system is supposed to work.

One of my friends in discord said this:

“government taking your money to fund their military while keeping your living conditions garbage and maintaining poor education so people are not educated enough to know any better

Bonus:

as a government, the uneducated people will actually defend you with their lives!”

Couldnt be more fucking true.

21 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Because of brown people, not because of a handful of people having more wealth than the rest combined though. 1 person having 150 billion while the rest struggle to even pay rent is how the system is supposed to work.

Millions of foreigners flooding in and millions of jobs flooding out. What could possibly go wrong?

28 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

Millions of foreigners flooding in and millions of jobs flooding out. What could possibly go wrong?

Even if that were true it’s been 3 years and trump still hasn’t figured that one out?

22 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Even if that were true it’s been 3 years and trump still hasn’t figured that one out?

He has. He's fighting against bad free trade deals and illegal immigration every day. What is going on now is the fruition of decades of terrible policies that Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Obama enacted. Not so easy to undo in 3 years. 

Ever since Sandy Hook, when it was not only acceptable to look over the deaths of children but actively deny it happened, the gun debate has been over. 

3 hours ago, TheDood said:

No serious person denies it happened 

If somebody who claims to be on your side of the isle does something, everyone on that side of the isle is grouped together with that person because it's politically convenient.  Ergo all conservatives are Alex Jones. 

2 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

If somebody who claims to be on your side of the isle does something, everyone on that side of the isle is grouped together with that person because it's politically convenient.  Ergo all conservatives are Alex Jones. 

Oh yeah I forgot. 

Looks like there were two extremists last night. Very bad 

1 hour ago, pharmassists said:

It's really more the side of the aisle on which Alex Jones is seen as a legitimate source of news and actually has political sway.