Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Did you watch the part where Mueller said Trump can be tried after his presidency?

10 hours ago, akaWest said:

Bernie is getting wrecked

ut51z0orr4c31.jpg

The July 19 complaint to the National Labor Relations Board, filed by an unnamed individual in Indiana, was posted to the agency’s website late July 22. It comes as tense negotiations between the Sanders campaign and the union representing staffers recently boiled over publicly. The Washington Post reported July 23 that unionized organizers for the campaign had won a pay raise and reached a compromise to reduce the hours of some workers.

Sick article, dude. It's a mystery as to why no one reads Bloomberg Law or even engages with it on twitter.

It's also amazing how people like you, preach about the media being dogshit and spinning things in awful ways about Trump, however when it actually happens to Bernie with those gotcha headlines you're the first to share them. Very interesting how that works. Media bad until it pushes my agenda, then good!

"Tense" negotiations btw...lmfao. Unbelieveable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 individual filed a complaint in Indiana, Bernie's a fraud YALL!!!!! We got our gotcha headline motherfuckers!!!!!

Did you feel it today?  Democrats across the country caused a minor earthquake when they simultaneously stomped their feet in anguish.

4 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Did you watch the part where Mueller said Trump can be tried after his presidency?

The July 19 complaint to the National Labor Relations Board, filed by an unnamed individual in Indiana, was posted to the agency’s website late July 22. It comes as tense negotiations between the Sanders campaign and the union representing staffers recently boiled over publicly. The Washington Post reported July 23 that unionized organizers for the campaign had won a pay raise and reached a compromise to reduce the hours of some workers.

Sick article, dude. It's a mystery as to why no one reads Bloomberg Law or even engages with it on twitter.

It's also amazing how people like you, preach about the media being dogshit and spinning things in awful ways about Trump, however when it actually happens to Bernie with those gotcha headlines you're the first to share them. Very interesting how that works. Media bad until it pushes my agenda, then good!

"Tense" negotiations btw...lmfao. Unbelieveable.

Tried for what?

https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/24/mueller-corrects-testimony-lieu/?td

At least we now know Obama can be indicted for his crimes.

I was on Youtube yesterday as the Mueller testimony was unfolding. So ridiculous to see the complete different takeaways the different news outlets present out to the viewers. 

On one hand you have Mueller saying that Trump did meet the criteria and would have charged him for obstruction of justice if he was not the President.

On the other hand you have Fox news saying how Mueller's answers were shaky and that this testimony was a huge win and a disaster for democrats.

Really crazy how powerful the media is against the weak minded.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

What's even more crazy is how Mueller actually did not say that.

Even hardcore lefties in the media admit that the testimony was a win for the President.

Maybe Democrats in congress will start to focus on things that matter, like improving the lives of the citizens of the country.

Yeah, probably not, but it's a thought.

BUCK: Okay. But the -- could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?

MUELLER: Yes.

BUCK: You believe that he committed -- you could charge the President of the United States with obstruction of justice after he left office?

• Upvote (+1) 1

"obstruction of justice".

You must have a very different, flawed definition of "justice" if you think Trump was obstructing it. Imagine your dickhead neighbor prints a bunch of "proof" that you committed crimes and gives them to your local pd, who then come to your house without a warrant and tell you that you're coming down to the station for questioning, and if you say no you're "obstructing justice" and you go to jail. That's what you're trying to do to the PRESIDENT and it's not going to fly in this country you fuckhead.

Nice logical response there buddy. And thanks for calling me a fuckhead that was really kind.

Clearly there's no point in arguing about this stuff. Everyone's mind is already made up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea that’s kinda where we are, nobody is changing their minds. LOUD NOISES!

7 hours ago, Destroyaaa said:

BUCK: Okay. But the -- could you charge the president with a crime after he left office?

BUCK: You believe that he committed -- you could charge the President of the United States with obstruction of justice after he left office?

I think in this case Mueller is speaking in generalities and simply saying a President can be charged as opposed to the President did something warranting a charge. 

The reason I think this is because it's contradictory to the correction made during the opening statement of the second half of Mueller's testimony.

I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said, and I quote, ‘you didn’t charge the president because of the OLC opinion.'”

“That is not the correct way to say it,” Mueller said.

“As we say in the report, and as I said in the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

4 hours ago, Destroyaaa said:

Nice logical response there buddy. And thanks for calling me a fuckhead that was really kind.

Clearly there's no point in arguing about this stuff. Everyone's mind is already made up.

It’s unfortunate really, I hope there are some lurkers who's minds were changed reading valid argumentative posts but who knows. 

Some people in this thread just pretend they didn’t get rekt with their flawed and obviously illogical rhetoric and just chug along with their bullshit spiel. It’s crazy. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

It’s unfortunate really, I hope there are some lurkers who's minds were changed reading valid argumentative posts but who knows. 

Some people in this thread just pretend they didn’t get rekt with their flawed and obviously illogical rhetoric and just chug along with their bullshit spiel. It’s crazy. 

Only person in this thread that you've rekt is yourself. 

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, legendaryshotz said:

“I weely hoOpe my dowNzz syndrome haz had shum influence on lurkerz in a GaYming forum.  ive rekt kidz onLinE in hur soo much gaiz”

god, funniest shit ive read all day.   Lmaooooooooo

1 hour ago, akaWest said:

Only person in this thread that you've rekt is yourself. 

can you post another bernie gets owned article? seems like a pretty cool thinktank 

13 minutes ago, Cypress said:

“I weely hoOpe my dowNzz syndrome haz had shum influence on lurkerz in a GaYming forum.  ive rekt kidz onLinE in hur soo much gaiz”

god, funniest shit ive read all day.   Lmaooooooooo

deflection by shitposting. are you just scared to actually debate your awful takes or what, at least the rest have the balls to put it out there dude

• Thonking (+0) 1

Damn she really is more American than Ilhan Omar since stealing was one of the things our fore fathers did best.

13 hours ago, akaWest said:

I think in this case Mueller is speaking in generalities and simply saying a President can be charged as opposed to the President did something warranting a charge. 

The reason I think this is because it's contradictory to the correction made during the opening statement of the second half of Mueller's testimony.

I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said, and I quote, ‘you didn’t charge the president because of the OLC opinion.'”

“That is not the correct way to say it,” Mueller said.

“As we say in the report, and as I said in the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”

I agree that this phrasing is confusing but that was kind of my point. Both sides interpret this as "Trumps done" or "case closed nothing to see here". 

• Upvote (+1) 1