Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Being a victim of poverty and crime is not a valid claim for asylum. 

These are not asylum seekers, this is a straight up invasion.

• Downvote (-1) 1

42 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Actually you're correct, POE's are indeed a legal way to enter the US. However they can only process x amount of people a day so you're almost forced to break the law and illegally pass regardless.

If they break the law just to get into this country they should be barred from entering ever again unless the circumstances are absolutely extreme, IE they are literally being chased near the border and have to hop across briefly to be safe, only to return to their country as soon as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol “THEY’RE FORCED TO BREAK THE LAW BECAUSE THE LINE IS TOO LONG” is a wild hot take. 

The big picture is that we don't need anymore people in this country, especially those who are uneducated and can't speak English. They are lowering our standard of living by increasing the cost of housing, education, healthcare, and taxes for real Americans, who are already pinched as it is. Their lack of education means most likely their best case scenario is landing a job that pays minimum wage, in which case, they won't be able to survive without government handouts or living with like 10+ other illegals in a small apartment. Our country is tapped out. The bigger picture is that we are way, way over populated with humans. We need population control in America. We need to stop constantly expanding and killing off all the wildlife. America should start now instead of waiting until the SHTF. Why is it that with every single major issue, nothing gets done until the SHTF? Do most people just have zero foresight or what? "Let's keep pumping out more and more humans while simultaneously killing off all wildlife. What could possibly go wrong?"

19 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Lol “THEY’RE FORCED TO BREAK THE LAW BECAUSE THE LINE IS TOO LONG” is a wild hot take. 

yeah but "lul just sleep outside for a few days in the desert bro" is completely fine. Okie dokie.

• Fire (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

59 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

yeah but "lul just sleep outside for a few days in the desert bro" is completely fine. Okie dokie.

You might not be the dumbest person on the planet, but you better hope that he doesn't die.

• Simms (+1) 1

9 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

No. If they’re asylum m seekers, you’d think they would simply apply for asylum in Mexico or any other country they pass through. 

But the vast majority of them are not tru asylum seekers (refugees), but instead, economic immigrants. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top comment on a Yahoo article I read earlier:

More than 325 million people live in the United States. By 2065, that figure is expected to grow to 441 million says Pew Research with 88% of the growth being new immigrants. That number was projected by Pew Research BEFORE the massive invasion we are experiencing on our border. Maybe double it. We'll have to bulldoze millions of acres of open spaces to build housing for new arrivals.

To feed a larger population, we'll have to convert more forests and grasslands to farms. Further ecosystem destruction will occur, more species will be threatened, and U.S. greenhouse gas emissions will rise. Environmentalists can prevent this ecological catastrophe by supporting humane reductions in future immigration levels.

Sensible limits on immigration were once the mainstream environmentalist position. The Sierra Club's first executive director, David Brower, remarked, "Overpopulation is perhaps the biggest problem facing us, and immigration is part of the problem." The founder of Earth Day, Sen. Gaylord Nelson, commented that "it's phony to say 'I'm for the environment but not for limiting immigration.'" A growing population would also overtax fresh water sources.

Consider California, which has suffered horrific droughts. Due to immigration, California's population is set to grow from roughly 40 million today to 44 million by 2030. That means more pressure on limited water resources, more sprawl, and less space for nonhuman inhabitants.

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife states unequivocally, "Habitat loss due to human population growth presents the single biggest problem facing native plants and animals in California."

A growing population also means that the nation's total emissions could increase. Population growth was responsible for nearly 30 percent of the increase in U.S. emissions between 1997 and 2007.

President Trump's elimination of "chain migration", the lottery system, birth tourism, anchor babies, and ILLEGAL immigration would prevent such emissions and sprawl. Having LIMITED and LEGAL immigration would curb population growth in the U.S.

Do we want to grow to a billion people this century and have the overcrowding and pollution problems China and India have? Look at California cities for a peek at the future of overpopulation and environmental devastation: rising homeless population, tent cities, skyrocketing housing prices, housing shortages, 3 hour commutes, overcrowded schools, congested freeways, gated communities for the rich and high income inequality, overbuilding in flood and fire zones which produce more floods, fires and deaths, and lower quality of life for all.

Can we AFFORD to support hundreds of millions of third world immigrants coming here who are unskilled and will earn minimum wage - about $400 a week or $1200 a month - which won't cover food, housing, medical care and education for their large families? Silicon Valley geniuses say with more high tech jobs, automation and robotization, we won't have enough jobs for American citizens here now. They predict we will have to give our current citizens universal basic income or money for NOT working. Then working Americans will also have to support the hundreds of millions of unskilled illegals pouring into our country, too? That's not rational.

We have $22 TRILLION in debt, and $124 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities which includes Vets' pensions, yours and my Social Security, Medicare etc. We are the largest debtor nation right now in the history of the world! We need to put our inner-city youth first giving them great educations to prepare for high tech jobs, pay down our debt, help our vets and homeless, repair our infrastructure and clean up our environment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol!  You can't make this stuff up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol, you can't smear this any harder. The problem was that people were working longer hours than they have anticipated, thus dropping their average hourly pay to 13 dollars an hour. They were indeed getting paid 15/hr however more hours dilutes that.

Since May, they agreed upon being paid 36,000 for field organizers (31,200 is 15 dollars an hour). All people making 36k or less their premiums are covered completely. 85% is covered if you make alot more.

So they fixed the issue, yet this was published? Very irresponsible.

But yeah r*tards will just post this all over, read the article headline and say "you see, it doesn't work I'm smart", and not even read the article. And the corporate shitheads absolutely love this, because people don't fucking read.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The minimum wage (like income tax) should be a round number: $0.00

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2
  • Salt (-1) 1

lmfao you are such a bootlicker

Let's just go back to feudalism while we're at it since there shouldn't be a minimum wage

Why does everyone on the right have be a fucking souless ghoul who likes people suffering 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

got your ass 

Here I was thinking that I was advacing an economic system that would actually inrease human flourishing yet apparently I am actually just a souless ghoul who enjoyes the suffering of others. 

You're always the last one to know, I guess. 

Ps. I currently work a (basically) minimum wage job. 

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

Here I was thinking that I was advacing an economic system that would actually inrease human flourishing yet apparently I am actually just a souless ghoul who enjoyes the suffering of others. 

You're always the last one to know, I guess. 

Ps. I currently work a (basically) minimum wage job. 

Don't worry about what leftists and anarchists think. They are illogical, which renders their opinions as meritless. Conservatism and minimalism are the righteous ways.

• Downvote (-1) 1

7 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Don't worry about what leftists and anarchists think. They are illogical, which renders their opinions as meritless. Conservatism and minimalism are the righteous ways.

Where does hating brown people fall on the illogical/logical chart, I’m curious. 

Shouldn't minimum wage at least be at the poverty line?

I think the market works for wages in high skilled jobs but not for low skill jobs. There are many people who are never going to be able to have the skills to be worth more than minimum wage. Ergo there has to be a minimum wage unless you want half the country on welfare.

Either the state is going to pay to subsidize low income earners (taxes aka money out of my pocket) or the corporations are going to pay it which also has consequences. 

Ultimately corporations can not pay less than people are willing to work for. 

Beyond that, a higher minimum wage would do nothing but raise prices (largely offsetting that pay increase) and give an unfair advantage to big businesses over small ones.