Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Liberals see 1984 as a guidebook apparently 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, legendaryshotz said:

Oh give me a break please explain how universal healthcare under a 1 payer system, free education so students dont essentially have a mortgage payment before even getting a job, and trying to right the wrongs of our clearly troubled past is "Hating america".

Meanwhile people who made billions off this country if you taxed them more "lol they will just leave", oh so I guess they don't love america either just its money.

I can agree those are problems, buuuttt, it's still amazing to me that a person can get an education and earn triple figures without nepotism. Yes college graduates have debt but how much more do they earn compared to the rest of society?

1 hour ago, pharmassists said:

I can agree those are problems, buuuttt, it's still amazing to me that a person can get an education and earn triple figures without nepotism. Yes college graduates have debt but how much more do they earn compared to the rest of society?

How much more do the 1% earn over the rest of society and yet recieved 81% of the benefits of a 1.5T tax break?

You'd be shocked at how much a $100,000 loan at 6.8% interest really levels the playing field in terms of earning, investing, etc. Unless you become a pharmacist or doctor and straight away make bank, different story since you can make a big dent into those debts early on and avoid interest accuring and once paid off save for a house, invest, etc.  

But to someone who gets pretty much any other degree for instance like business, $16-18 dollars an hour start is jack shit especilly when it's tied to essentially a mortgage payment - not including living expenses. Sure, your upside is greater down the road than someone who works at Wal-mart or that works in a trade such as a car mechanic or something. But you are getting chained to a debt that delays advancing your life by almost 10 years...can't buy a house, can't invest into the stock market, can't invest in general.

Millennials have had a very hard time with that, whereas previous generations haven't since schooling was much more affordable, therefore can pay off loans rather easily and afterwards their money can make money. And even if you didn't go to school wages in the past work force weren't horrendous and you could actually provide for your family, not like now where there are so many billionaires and CEO's are making 1000-2000x an average worker and the average worker can't even make ends meet on 40 hours a week, can't pay for schooling even on 40 hours a week, so they are forced to take out a loan and start the interest money train for banks and for the government, yet somehow no one has an issue with that.

Anyone against a good ol’ fashioned military parade on the 4th of July that families (and especially kids) love to watch are the biggest fucking vaginas on the planet...  and most definitely pencil neck libfaggots

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Cypress said:

Anyone against a good ol’ fashioned military parade on the 4th of July that families (and especially kids) love to watch are the biggest fucking vaginas on the planet...  and most definitely pencil neck libfaggots

Yeah, IDGI. 

The only part I don't like about the military parade is how Republican donors are getting VIP seating.

I'd be pissed if Democrats tried that stuff.

31 minutes ago, Rick said:

The only part I don't like about the military parade is how Republican donors are getting VIP seating.

I'd be pissed if Democrats tried that stuff.

I agree, patriotism shouldn’t necessarily be politicized. Leave that to the Democrats to do. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Arent Nikes made by child slave labor? 

dat irony

The irony in saying Nike is communist when they’re the most capitalistic thing around. Sweat shops? Who cares! Market drives the incentive and profit is all that matters!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Happy Independence Day from Cocain Mitch and I. 

7 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

The irony in saying Nike is communist when they’re the most capitalistic thing around. Sweat shops? Who cares! Market drives the incentive and profit is all that matters!

The irony is that so many corporations have found a way to make those that loathe their methods support them anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

On 7/3/2019 at 3:57 PM, legendaryshotz said:

How much more do the 1% earn over the rest of society and yet recieved 81% of the benefits of a 1.5T tax break?

You'd be shocked at how much a $100,000 loan at 6.8% interest really levels the playing field in terms of earning, investing, etc. Unless you become a pharmacist or doctor and straight away make bank, different story since you can make a big dent into those debts early on and avoid interest accuring and once paid off save for a house, invest, etc.  

But to someone who gets pretty much any other degree for instance like business, $16-18 dollars an hour start is jack shit especilly when it's tied to essentially a mortgage payment - not including living expenses. Sure, your upside is greater down the road than someone who works at Wal-mart or that works in a trade such as a car mechanic or something. But you are getting chained to a debt that delays advancing your life by almost 10 years...can't buy a house, can't invest into the stock market, can't invest in general.

Millennials have had a very hard time with that, whereas previous generations haven't since schooling was much more affordable, therefore can pay off loans rather easily and afterwards their money can make money. And even if you didn't go to school wages in the past work force weren't horrendous and you could actually provide for your family, not like now where there are so many billionaires and CEO's are making 1000-2000x an average worker and the average worker can't even make ends meet on 40 hours a week, can't pay for schooling even on 40 hours a week, so they are forced to take out a loan and start the interest money train for banks and for the government, yet somehow no one has an issue with that.

You've touched on the real problem. Cost of an education. Diverting the cost to somebody else doesn't solve the problem. In many ways the university is worse than most corporations. Think about how much money the university makes on sports and merchandise. To add insult they are labeled non profit. The question is where is all the money going then?

As for the 1%. Until the government can find a way to subvert people hiding money overseas, adjusting rates is pointless.

You think someone would have cleaned the bullet proof glass

1 hour ago, pharmassists said:

You've touched on the real problem. Cost of an education. Diverting the cost to somebody else doesn't solve the problem. In many ways the university is worse than most corporations. Think about how much money the university makes on sports and merchandise. To add insult they are labeled non profit. The question is where is all the money going then?

As for the 1%. Until the government can find a way to subvert people hiding money overseas, adjusting rates is pointless.

You have to divert costs if you want to at least save this generation from crippling debt and so it allows them to contribute to the economy fairly. Afterwards, you can argue semantics on what should exactly happen with tuition costs, because at the moment I’d guarantee they are hyper inflated by at least 4-5x of what the cost should be. In other countries college tuition is either free or much less than in the states, and inb4 “edumacation is better here” because it’s not, pretty evident from all the morons walking around and how Americans rank vs the rest of the world. 

Everyone from the schools, to the banks, and even the government are 100% compliant in cashing in on your future, and as early as possible. The higher the tuition price they make the more loans you have to take out, more interest, longer you have to pay. School doesn’t care they get their lump sum. Bank doesn’t care they get all the interest money, as does the government. Poor millennial gets fucked over per usual. It’s fucking bullshit and should not be that way, monetizing education leads to this. Hyper-inflated tuition costs and chained to a loan that you can’t even bankrupt on.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

You think someone would have cleaned the bullet proof glass

I noticed that too, I think it was still raining though so it wouldn't have made much difference.

So did those big scary tanks usher in an era of one party rule? How many dissidents and protestors were massacred? 

• Downvote (-1) 1

It was a 4th of July celebration. The point was to celebrate the 4th of July. It successfully did just that.

?

• Upvote (+1) 2

5 hours ago, TheDood said:

It was a 4th of July celebration. The point was to celebrate the 4th of July. It successfully did just that.

?

Nothing like celebrating July 4th while flushing 92M down the toilet