Jump to content
Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

You're right. Things don't get more expensive when you get the government throwing money at it.  The government is great at not overpaying for things.

You have government spending wrong. Government deficits aka creating and issuing currency creates a private surplus. That is national accounting 101 

The government isn't throwing money at it actually. It is moving money away from investors and into the real economy. Accounting wise it would probably reduce the national deficit because existing dollars in circulation would be going towards production instead of in some rich investor's savings account and thus the economy would not require fiscal stimulus or a tax cut..

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

You're right. Things don't get more expensive when you get the government throwing money at it.  The government is great at not overpaying for things.

Ive never designed and administered a government bldg project that didn't (at least) double estimated construction costs.   

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Love the downvote.

 

REEEEEEEEEEE big words, complicated things. PANIC,

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Niku said:

Love the downvote.

 

REEEEEEEEEEE big words, complicated things. PANIC,

It’s going to be ok my child.   Ramirez will be along shortly to fix your rep, my sweet prince.  

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cypress said:

Alot of fantasyland communist bullshit the past few pages.   

The police force is a socialist entity, eat ur heart out

Share this post


Link to post

Since I payed my student loans off like a responsible adult how about Bernie pays off my mortgage instead?

 

That would be a fair trade to me.

Share this post


Link to post

Also can anyone answer who’s going to pay for the trillions in debt we accrued for all these wars? But but but 1.6T for US Citizens struggling immensely with student loan debt no. Oh well I guess next time the banks melt down again due to shady ass high risk gambles that’s when people will have no problem dishing out a trillion again.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Rick said:

Since I payed my student loans off like a responsible adult how about Bernie pays off my mortgage instead?

 

That would be a fair trade to me.

I paid mine off too. Look how responsible I am. Give me my gold star please. Doesn’t mean I think they’re complete and utter shit and I struggled immensely through it. There needs to be big change.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

The police force is a socialist entity, eat ur heart out

What the fuck. Police enforce capitalism and defend property from the proletariat.

Just because something is a tax doesn't make it socialist lmfao.

The government taxes and spends endlessly on the ruling class. That isn't socialist lol

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Rick said:

No fair. I escaped the debt gulag and now they're just going to open the gate and free everyone! No fair!!!

You sound like a moron

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Niku said:

What the fuck. Police enforce capitalism and defend property from the proletariat.

Just because something is a tax doesn't make it socialist lmfao.

The government taxes and spends endlessly on the ruling class. That isn't socialist lol

I'm talking about how the funds are raised for the police force. It's not capitalistically driven thats for certain. The people as a whole own and regulate it, and they should be protecting that; the people... at least in theory. You can deviate from there what they actually do and who they actually serve.

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 hour ago, legendaryshotz said:

The police force is a socialist entity, eat ur heart out

 

26 minutes ago, Niku said:

What the fuck. Police enforce capitalism and defend property from the proletariat.

Just because something is a tax doesn't make it socialist lmfao.

The government taxes and spends endlessly on the ruling class. That isn't socialist lol

Lmao.  

When you’re so dumb that the communists wont even accept you.   

  • Fire (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

I'm talking about how the funds are raised for the police force. It's not capitalistically driven thats for certain. The people as a whole own and regulate it, and they should be protecting that; the people... at least in theory. You can deviate from there what they actually do and who they actually serve.

Yeah it is. The state enforces taxation through the threat of violence and uses the resources acquired to terrorize further through the enforcement of property contracts.

The cops are a 24/7 occupying force. And they work for capital exclusively as they do for every state.

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Cypress said:

 

 

Lmao.  

When you’re so dumb that the communists wont even accept you.   

 

1 hour ago, legendaryshotz said:

Also can anyone answer who’s going to pay for the trillions in debt we accrued for all these wars? But but but 1.6T for US Citizens struggling immensely with student loan debt no. Oh well I guess next time the banks melt down again due to shady ass high risk gambles that’s when people will have no problem dishing out a trillion again.

can you answer this, I'm dying to know

Share this post


Link to post

No one 'pays' for war stuff.

The government uses its sovereign currency to buy resources and labour to create the war machine. It is a defacto nationalization. 

The government then uses those resources to invest (rape and plunder) other nation's resources and labour via military force. Those returns however go to private multinational corporations. The labour and resources that the government bought up from the public was not invested in the public. Public resources were invested for private profit. And of course the soldiers, the labourers etc don't get a cut from the war lol

 

The government can do this because the USD acquires value through taxation. If you don't need to be taxed there is no incentive to work to acquire dollars. This is why governments levy taxes to make you find USD. And only the US government can create those dollars. If you don't pay your tax you go to jail. That is the incentive.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Well yeah, also they can’t explain how a part time job back in the day easily paid for college meanwhile today probably would only cover 20-30% of expenses when it’s all said and done. And this is with the supposed prosperous technology era. Gotta keep poor people poor and make sure they keep paying interest on everything no matter what. One in four American adults are currently paying a student loan. Gotta charge 200 bucks for a single book that you will never need ever again. And don’t worry, you have to buy it now, because there’s usually a system key now which makes you register it online because the professors use it for quizzes and exams. No such thing as buying used for cheap anymore and taking exams in class. Everyone has to make their cut and take advantage of your eventual degree.

College is so expensive because they federally backed/guaranteed and then nationalized student lending. 

The exact same thing happened during the housing crisis. People who have no business securing loans are going out and securing loans. They are then pissing away that money on worthless degrees that they've been brainwashed into believing are worth something.

 

 

Buy Chainlink 

 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
 
 
 
22 hours ago, pharmassists said:

 

 he can go fuck himself.

I completely agree with you.

16 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Everyone uses roads, but not every person uses the highway. Why should I pay for the highways with MY taxes! Fucking unfair!

When you don't understand something, say so. 

16 hours ago, Niku said:

Letting people be free to choose what career they want based on their skill set AKSHUALLY removes personal freedom YA OKAY dude totally not double think there.

I admit, these schools would be ideological. It is the ideology of creating a higher standard of living and national wealth and increased economic productivity.

The ideology will consist of gearing the economy to serve the people and the environment they live in rather than sacrificing people and the environment at the alter of rich people's interests.

So under this arrangement, job training will be provided based on human needs and development, rather than greed and profit.

 

Or you can privatise every university to billionaires who want to create brain damaged religious drones who worship the billionaires who collapse the country economically

You literally just ignored my objections. Do I  have to pay for Harvard or just state colleges? If I don't have to pay for both then we aren't getting equality of opportunity. Even if they are both paid for, then some students are still getting a better opportunity than the other. How can you ensure equality of opportunity (your stated goal), if you do not control the quality of education? 

Beyond that, your unfounded hatred of Christianity is so cringe-y.

16 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Well yeah, also they can’t explain how a part time job back in the day easily paid for college meanwhile today probably would only cover 20-30% of expenses when it’s all said and done. And this is with the supposed prosperous technology era. Gotta keep poor people poor and make sure they keep paying interest on everything no matter what. One in four American adults are currently paying a student loan. Gotta charge 200 bucks for a single book that you will never need ever again. And don’t worry, you have to buy it now, because there’s usually a system key now which makes you register it online because the professors use it for quizzes and exams. No such thing as buying used for cheap anymore and taking exams in class. Everyone has to make their cut and take advantage of your eventual degree.

I can explain that quite easily. The government now guarantees loans to everyone, and every 17-year-old is brainwashed into believing that they need college. While before Colleges could only raise their prices to the level that people could actually pay, and only smart people with clear goals and plans went to college. While everyone else got a job. Now idiots take out 150k of loans to major in useless fields with no plan or ambition, then wonder why they're in debt.

14 hours ago, Niku said:

Love the downvote.

 

REEEEEEEEEEE big words, complicated things. PANIC,

People aren't confused by your stunning intellect or soaring vocabulary, they are merely left shaking their heads after reading your nonsensical, gibberish. Their time is often too valuable to warrant the expenditure of energy required to respond to your unintelligible, deranged, ranting. 

13 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

The police force is a socialist entity, eat ur heart out

No, it isn't. Literally not in any way. 

13 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

I paid mine off too. Look how responsible I am. Give me my gold star please. Doesn’t mean I think they’re complete and utter shit and I struggled immensely through it. There needs to be big change.

Why stop at student loans and not other sources of debt? Only around 1/3rd of Americans have a college degree, way more I would assume, owe money on houses, cars, credit cards. Bailing out college kids who CONSENSUALLY signed a contract, is literally forcing the relatively poor to pay for the advancement of the relatively rich. 

Bernie is simply trying to buy votes, and judging by my twitter feed and personal interactions with people IRL, it is working.  

12 hours ago, Niku said:

What the fuck. Police enforce capitalism and defend property from the proletariat.

Just because something is a tax doesn't make it socialist lmfao.

The government taxes and spends endlessly on the ruling class. That isn't socialist lol

The police defend property rights for everyone. This is a good thing and keeps us from falling into anarchy.

YOU LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TheDood said:

Why stop at student loans and not other sources of debt? Only around 1/3rd of Americans have a college degree, way more I would assume, owe money on houses, cars, credit cards. Bailing out college kids who CONSENSUALLY signed a contract, is literally forcing the relatively poor to pay for the advancement of the relatively rich. 

Bernie is simply trying to buy votes, and judging by my twitter feed and personal interactions with people IRL, it is working.  

lol, bud

Please tell me what would happen if the U.S. government, the creditor of almost all college loans, erased those debts. 

Hint: the answer is literally nothing, the U.S. going into solvency is not a thing that will ever happen

Also education makes sense to subsidize. Smart phone contracts do not. 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Someone deliberately tossed their cancer stick into old, dried out timbers.

 

Narrative confirmed!

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Rick said:

Someone deliberately tossed their cancer stick into old, dried out timbers.

 

Narrative confirmed!

No, it can't be the most likely outcome! I must claim the most rediculous bullshit ever and post articles of religous churches being attacked around the globe! Even if it's some punk kids spray painting 420 blaze it on the side of one! Even blame the president for such things! Or dogwhistle other groups of people!

 

LOL

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lol the Dem debate is hilarious. They all forgot that they were in America for a good portion of it.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

unfortunate, there goes your stupid ass narratives.

Where did our stupid narrative go? Sounds to me like they have no clue what happened. Absolutely nothing conclusive in this tweet whatsoever.

More likely - electric fault - cigarette butt

How can something so vague seem definitive to you?

Maybe it was an electronic cigarette? Hurr durr

 

Buy Chainlink

Share this post


Link to post

Student loans have interest. The government makes money on the interest. Student loans are effectively a tax on education. 

We have found a tax that Democrats hate.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.