Jump to content
Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Niku said:

Bernie isn't taxing anyone you dumb fuck. 

But he's literally proposing to increase taxes on everyone.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't really have a problem with free trade school.

Free degrees that are effectively useless to society on the other hand...

Bernie's plan won't address the cost of college. If anything college will be more expensive since the government will pay for it either way.  Unless the plan will regulate tuition cost.

Share this post


Link to post

Now if Bernie proposed a retroactive payback on tuition I would vote for him. I'll gladly take the 120k in student loans I payed off by being responsible. 

Otherwise he can go fuck himself.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Cypress said:

But he's literally proposing to increase taxes on everyone.

No he's not. 

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheDood said:

"[Insert Socialist leader here] will actually bring manufacturing to [Insert relatively prosperous nation here] and modernize the country!"

Where oh where have I heard that before in history? :thinking:

 

You're right, nobody was killing themselves under Obama, 2016, everyone was happy, but then as soon as Jan 2017 came around, BOOM everyone was overdosing. (Ignoring the fact that the unemployment rate is literally much lower now)

Obama sucks shit. 

And yeah it's really easy to modernise the country. America was pushed along by socialist Roosevelt lmao.

Britain modernised.

China is modernising. 

Are you objectively anti-technology and prosperity or something? 

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheDood said:

Honest question: Has Bernie promised to pay for trade schools or is that just in your personal fever dream?

That also leaves people who do neither trade school nor college in an even worse position. Beyond that, trade schools and colleges don't cost anywhere near the same. 

Second honest question: I know that Bernie's plan is that everyone could get free tuition to a state school. Yet state schools vary greatly in quality, and cost (meaning once again, that equality of opportunity is still not achieved). That also leaves the question of people who go to expensive private colleges. Does someone who went to the University of Southwestern Oklahoma, for example, have to pay for someone who went to  Harvard? How do Christian colleges work in this system? Surely the government wouldn't want to fund religious organizations. What about the postgraduate school, medical school, and law school? What is there trade school equivalent? If you really want EVERYONE to have the opportunity to make it in life, then you must pay for those, and the only way to do that would be once again, robbing the poor to pay for the potentially rich.

 

Making school and training free actually breaks down financial barriers to equality of opportunity, it will put more money in the hands of workers which is an instant stimulus which creates jobs and prosperity instead of going to rich people's cocaine and stripper addictions on their yachts.

Because people will actually be able to pursue their dreams and careers, people will actually be able to get the job they are actually suited for instead of having 130 IQ points and working at a bar or for uber or some shit because there are no jobs because everyone is poor as fuck.

 

This efficiency will boost productivity so fast, the 'free training and education' will actually make so much fucking wealth and money.

 

Christian schools and private venture that brain wash people into destroying their own country will be highly regulated and receive no welfare from the tax payer like they do currently.

 

The only money that is being 'robbed' are the fucking bankers and didn't earn or produce anything to get that money in the first place. Are you a banker? Because last time I checked, bankers fucked the whole country up.

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, TheDood said:

Everyone goes to school (unless they pay for a private one out of their own pocket), not everyone goes to college. In this case, you are literally robbing the poor to pay for the whiney rich.

 

Also, lol at democrats pretending that the media is somehow against them or their leftist agenda.

Everyone uses roads, but not every person uses the highway. Why should I pay for the highways with MY taxes! Fucking unfair!

  • WutFace (+0) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheDood said:

 

My point is this, if the argument is that we want 'equality of opportunity' when it comes to college, then the government will literally have to take over higher education and remove personal freedom in the space, or it will have to fund colleges with which it disagrees or provide hugely different quality of education, or that costs vary widely. If you are using ideological values and goals for this, instead of practical ones, then this system is way more complicated and downright impossible. You cannot have both liberty and equality.

 

Letting people be free to choose what career they want based on their skill set AKSHUALLY removes personal freedom YA OKAY dude totally not double think there.

I admit, these schools would be ideological. It is the ideology of creating a higher standard of living and national wealth and increased economic productivity.

The ideology will consist of gearing the economy to serve the people and the environment they live in rather than sacrificing people and the environment at the alter of rich people's interests.

So under this arrangement, job training will be provided based on human needs and development, rather than greed and profit.

 

Or you can privatise every university to billionaires who want to create brain damaged religious drones who worship the billionaires who collapse the country economically

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheDood said:

 

Also, Reagan was busy bankrupting your buddies in the soviet union to be fiscally conservative. Reagan was also bad on gun control and immigration! It turns out, I don't worship him as perfect, and he can still manage to be the best president since Calvin Coolidge imo.

I would like to see you elaborate on that. But if that is actually what you got out of that article, then your IQ is in the mid-40s.

Yeah okay, Obama is evil and mean for bailing out wall street and expanding corporate welfare but when Reagan does it, it is cool and good okay then. NO INCONSISTENCIES HERE

Reagan was fucking shit and was a narco terrorist in latin America.

  • Salt (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, TheDood said:

"[Insert Socialist leader here] will actually bring manufacturing to [Insert relatively prosperous nation here] and modernize the country!"

Where oh where have I heard that before in history? :thinking:

 

You're right, nobody was killing themselves under Obama, 2016, everyone was happy, but then as soon as Jan 2017 came around, BOOM everyone was overdosing. (Ignoring the fact that the unemployment rate is literally much lower now)

Obama is not my guy. He is the same right wing cunt as the rest of the people you worship except he says 'Yes we can! justice, blah blah blah,' instead of simply saying 'fuck poor people'

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, pharmassists said:

I don't really have a problem with free trade school.

Free degrees that are effectively useless to society on the other hand...

Bernie's plan won't address the cost of college. If anything college will be more expensive since the government will pay for it either way.  Unless the plan will regulate tuition cost.

You are really ignorant if you think there are no practical job skills at the university level. College won't be MORE expensive because the public isn't being bled by obscene education costs. Literally, what do these costs go to? Books, bricks, wages, knowledge? Literally nothing justifies these gouging prices. The money is all going to investors. You're not a fucking rich investor. You're not going to lose your 7th yacht it's OKAY my dude!

Share this post


Link to post

College now is extremely expensive and there’s no way for the government to make it more expensive. It’s literally ran as a pure business, costs are out of control and so is student loan debt and interest rates.

Share this post


Link to post

Also no one addressed how we’re going to pay for all these damn wars (7T) the US started and the 1.5T tax plan trump did. But forgiving student debt that affects a majority of young and poor people in this country is very bad! Anything that benefits the American people greatly is bad! But the bullshit we always have money for and no one asks who’s going to pay for that.

Share this post


Link to post

'According to a study from the Levy Institute, cancelling all student debt would add an estimated $1 trillion to our economy over the next decade and it would create up to 1.5 million jobs a year.'

 

Literally dudes in the thread, hate jobs and prosperity and love billionaire cock.

 

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Why should people who haven't had kids have their taxes go to schools? Not fair! Almost as if there's a reason...like...maybe someday you'll have kids, or just because you're not a direct beneficiary from the taxes doesn't mean you shouldnt pay into them or literally nothing can be built or done.

 

There is no way in hell our tax dollars should go to fund people, or their kids, to go to private schools, which is what all colleges are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, legendaryshotz said:

Also no one addressed how we’re going to pay for all these damn wars (7T) the US started and the 1.5T tax plan trump did. But forgiving student debt that affects a majority of young and poor people in this country is very bad! Anything that benefits the American people greatly is bad! But the bullshit we always have money for and no one asks who’s going to pay for that.

Assuming you win the war, wars pay for themselves actually. You use defence contracts to mobilise resources used by sovereign US currency, you make the guns, you pay the mercenaries a cut. And they secure the resources from other countries, from Iraq, to Honduras, to Venezuela.

Not saying it's right, but if the war is successful, it makes money lol The national deficit creates private savings in the form of wages for the people who organised the war, and more national wealth in the form of war plundering, mostly in the hands of private companies who the bootlickers in the thread love to suck up to.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Brad Pitt said:

There is no way in hell our tax dollars should go to fund people, or their kids, to go to private schools, which is what all colleges are. 

Under Bernie Sanders, you get the gulag

Share this post


Link to post

Well yeah, also they can’t explain how a part time job back in the day easily paid for college meanwhile today probably would only cover 20-30% of expenses when it’s all said and done. And this is with the supposed prosperous technology era. Gotta keep poor people poor and make sure they keep paying interest on everything no matter what. One in four American adults are currently paying a student loan. Gotta charge 200 bucks for a single book that you will never need ever again. And don’t worry, you have to buy it now, because there’s usually a system key now which makes you register it online because the professors use it for quizzes and exams. No such thing as buying used for cheap anymore and taking exams in class. Everyone has to make their cut and take advantage of your eventual degree.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

There is no way in hell our tax dollars should go to fund people, or their kids, to go to private schools, which is what all colleges are. 

All colleges are not private. Lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, legendaryshotz said:

Well yeah, also they can’t explain how a part time job back in the day easily paid for college meanwhile today probably would only cover 20-30% of expenses when it’s all said and done. And this is with the supposed prosperous technology era. Gotta keep poor people poor and make sure they keep paying interest on everything no matter what. One in four American adults are currently paying a student loan. Gotta charge 200 bucks for a single book that you will never need ever again. And don’t worry, you have to buy it now, because there’s usually a system key now which makes you register it online because the professors use it for quizzes and exams. No such thing as buying used for cheap anymore and taking exams in class. Everyone has to make their cut and take advantage of your eventual degree.

Yeah, everyone is working longer, wealth has never been greater but everyone is just poorer for some reason lol what's going on?

Some random worker in the 50s is wealthier than someone working now, not weird at all, normal country America is

  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Niku said:

You are really ignorant if you think there are no practical job skills at the university level. College won't be MORE expensive because the public isn't being bled by obscene education costs. Literally, what do these costs go to? Books, bricks, wages, knowledge? Literally nothing justifies these gouging prices. The money is all going to investors. You're not a fucking rich investor. You're not going to lose your 7th yacht it's OKAY my dude!

You're right. Things don't get more expensive when you get the government throwing money at it.  The government is great at not overpaying for things.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

How about getting rid of the interest on student loan debt and capping the cost of education so that it's not 50k a year? The worst thing about student loans was the high interest rate. 

Share this post


Link to post

Alot of fantasyland communist bullshit the past few pages.   

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.