Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, TheDood said:

The situation in Venezuela is pretty tragic.

When Tiananmen square goes wrong.

Some things are worth preserving, for instance goat hoarders in the Middle East’s rendition of what god wanted all of humanity to do

You are trying way too hard to be the edgy atheist.  Nobody is impressed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Rick said:

You are trying way too hard to be the edgy atheist.  Nobody is impressed.

It's even worse when you can't refute the argument

13 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

If it was up to conservatives we'd still be scratching our asses in caves because we all know how deathly afraid they are of change. Also why they can never let go of religion thousands of years later. Dinosaur mentality.

Do you ever realize when anything tries to change, no matter how big, small, important, etc. It's always a laundry list of just the absolute worst case scenarios. No we want the status quo, we want white people to forever be the majority, etc. Astromically stupid considering a. We're in the internet age, change is happening like crazy and b. With technological advancements change happens at an exponential rate, not linear.  I can agree yes all change is not coheriently good but in the grand scheme of things its a net positive for our society and as a species.

Conservatives are the greatest people on the planet. Conservatives are the hardest workers, have the highest morals and values, train at the gym like warriors, are debt free and usually minimalists, listen to real music(rock, not that rap crap), are the most logical & have common sense. Conservatives are sharp, charismatic and get things done. Conservatives are true leaders and red pilled alphas. Conservatives know that marriage is between a man and a woman. Conservatives know there are 2 genders. Conservatives set & reach goals and have mission & purpose in their life. 

The "changes" we are deathly afraid of are akin to the changes 343 made to Halo. Having our country flooded with 3rd world foreigners. Sending millions of jobs overseas through bad trade deals. Changes that are absolutely illogical and do not benefit our country one iota. I know full well this is the master plan of the globalist elites in their quest of a New World Order. Eliminate whites and mix all colors together for one race and lower the standard of living for affluent countries.

Well guess what, whites built this country from the ground up and we ain't going out that easily. We will elect Donald J Trump again in 2020, who will go down as the greatest president of all time and we WILL make America Great Again. Rockefeller, Carnegie, and JP Morgan built this country so that future generations of real Americans could thrive, not so that we could give it all away to a bunch of 3rd world moochers.

I wish the first part of that rant was always true. 

Didn't know we had Richard Spencer commenting in here. Rad.

America was built off free labor from slaves and genocide of the native Americans by the white man btw

9 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

It's even worse when you can't refute the argument

You don't have an argument.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

You don't have an argument.

The burden is on you to prove god exists, Rick. Either show me the evidence or fuck off. Calling me an edgy atheist (I thought labels weren’t your thing on the right) is not proof.

The saddest part of that entire rant was that hes probably right about one thing. We are going to elect Trump again.

11 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

Conservatives are the greatest people on the planet. Conservatives are the hardest workers, have the highest morals and values, train at the gym like warriors, are debt free and usually minimalists, listen to real music(rock, not that rap crap), are the most logical & have common sense. Conservatives are sharp, charismatic and get things done. Conservatives are true leaders and red pilled alphas. Conservatives know that marriage is between a man and a woman. Conservatives know there are 2 genders. Conservatives set & reach goals and have mission & purpose in their life. 

The "changes" we are deathly afraid of are akin to the changes 343 made to Halo. Having our country flooded with 3rd world foreigners. Sending millions of jobs overseas through bad trade deals. Changes that are absolutely illogical and do not benefit our country one iota. I know full well this is the master plan of the globalist elites in their quest of a New World Order. Eliminate whites and mix all colors together for one race and lower the standard of living for affluent countries.

Well guess what, whites built this country from the ground up and we ain't going out that easily. We will elect Donald J Trump again in 2020, who will go down as the greatest president of all time and we WILL make America Great Again. Rockefeller, Carnegie, and JP Morgan built this country so that future generations of real Americans could thrive, not so that we could give it all away to a bunch of 3rd world moochers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah_McCoy

Just one example of a colored feller helping build this nation. He transformed the railroad industry. 57 US patents. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

10 hours ago, MarkyVersace said:

Didn't know we had Richard Spencer commenting in here. Rad.

America was built off free labor from slaves and genocide of the native Americans by the white man btw

Slavery isn't why the US became so successful, every country had slaves. In fact only 5% of the slaves imported from Africa to the Americas ended up in the US. There are countries to this day that have a fairly high concentration of slaves and most of them are still shitholes.

zi04ELs.jpg

• Fire (+1) 1

And every piece of land has been conquered at one point or another.

17 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

While I disagree with a lot of the mainstream liberal agenda these days, this post seems like quite an overstatement. When you ignore the signal to noise ratio and have real conversations with liberals you'll realize there's a lot of common ground to be reached. We're in this country together whether you like it or not so the most important thing to do is not be dismissive. We got the president we needed to push the pendulum back towards the center because the left end of the political spectrum has been overplaying their hand way too aggressively. I agree that conservatism has some good ideals and I tend to align with a lot of them, but it has its faults as well such as a huge reliance on religion to organize society. Good ideas should be able to stand on their own merit and not require the endorsement of a higher power, which I do not acknowledge the existence of based on the use of logic, the very thing you stated conservatives have the most of. Keep in mind that the US was created to have the first secular constitution in order to avoid theological tyranny on its citizens. Also, rap and rock are both excellent. Change my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

The burden is on you to prove god exists, Rick. Either show me the evidence or fuck off. Calling me an edgy atheist (I thought labels weren’t your thing on the right) is not proof.

I don't have to prove a single thing to you, you little pissant.  You are too stupid to even know what I believe.  You are honestly the second dumbest person who has posted in this thread, with Niku barely edging you out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Good ideas should be able to stand on their own merit and not require the endorsement of a higher power, 

What then would make those ideas 'Good'?

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Rick said:

I don't have to prove a single thing to you, you little pissant.  You are too stupid to even know what I believe.  You are honestly the second dumbest person who has posted in this thread, with Niku barely edging you out.

Who’s trying to be the edgy one now 

Either way you trying to gaslight your way out of this one is hilarious. I couldn’t care less about knowing what you believe because as far as I’m concerned you’ll never share it for whatever reason...or it’s just batshit crazy and you’ll have a hard time defending it anyway.

*been arguing for about 5 pages on why god doesn’t exist with constant points*

”you have no argument, edgy atheist”

ok show me why or give me evidence

”you’re a pissant”

Very convincing, Rick.

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

What then would make those ideas 'Good'?

They demonstrably create more stable and advanced societies where people have a high quality of life.

To offer a different angle, why would endorsement from a higher power make anything intrinsically good? If it's because they're from a higher power then you're stuck because the higher power could demand anything and it would have to be considered good. Goodness becomes arbitrary at that point. That's how you get male and female genital mutilation, honor killing, the penalty for apostasy, punishment of homosexual behavior (when awkwardly, that behavior is due to a biological dice roll and is present in more species than it isn't), abhorrent treatment of non-believers, stifling of important scientific research (ya'll remember Galileo...), etc. This doesn't even resolve the issue of which higher power should be acknowledged as you know very well that there's more than one on the menu on this planet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its easy to wonder why atheists would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that they don't believe even exists. It might be that the underlying reason they’re bothered by people believing in God is because God is actively pursuing them.

• WutFace (+0) 1

8 minutes ago, gporter said:

Its easy to wonder why atheists would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that they don't believe even exists. It might be that the underlying reason they’re bothered by people believing in God is because God is actively pursuing them.

But, of course, god can't even send me a shread of evidence that hes real. If someone believed in unicorns jetting around space farting rainbow dust and creating life and I spent time refuting it, would you say "the underlying reason they're bothered by people believing in space unicorns is because the space unicorn is actively pursing them?" Pure insanity.

Guys the reason why I said the orlando magic sucked for years in the nba thread is because the magic were calling my name, I may have to become a fan now