Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

The death penalty is one thing that Texas does very right and is, in general, a good thing. Waiting 20 years after the crime, however, is nonsense and defeats the purpose. 

Bernie wanted him to cast a vote before he was killed.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Fire (+1) 1

What's really important is how do we get babies to vote before we murder them in the womb.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Republicans have been going about this all wrong, instead of fighting the dropping of the voter age from 18 to 16, we should try and get it lowered to in the womb. Never would lose again

12 minutes ago, Rick said:

Bernie wanted him to cast a vote before he was killed.

Wouldn't be surprised if he still ended up on the voter rolls and voted Democrat next election.

• Fire (+1) 1

If a person WANTS to be able to change who they are attracted to for whatever reason, why shouldn't they be able to try? 

8 minutes ago, TheDood said:

If a person WANTS to be able to change who they are attracted to for whatever reason, why shouldn't they be able to try? 

Because it doesn’t work. And the science shows that. No one gets to choose if they like guys or girls. Not sure if you’re actually trolling here.

5 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Mike pence supported federal funding to change ones sexual orientation.

That is 100% fact.

Please show us the evidence.

5 minutes ago, akaWest said:

Please show us the evidence.

You already posted it and you don’t even realize it. It may not be old school run of the mill shock therapy but he most certainly supported a form of more modern day conversion treatments.

Also, his golden track record of being anti-lgbt.

Not sure about you guys but i fully support prisoners right to bear arms and i fully support charlize therons’ ability to change the sexual orientation of her 7 year old black child.   

20 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Because it doesn’t work. And the science shows that. No one gets to choose if they like guys or girls. Not sure if you’re actually trolling here.

I didn't say it worked, I don't know a whole lot about it, but if someone wants to try it for themselves why can't they? 

Not shock therapy obviously. 

Why are you against giving people freedom over their own psychological treatments? 

Are you against people using hormones to make them feel like they are a different gender? IT doesn't change their DNA, so technically it doesn't actually work.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

You already posted it and you don’t even realize it. It may not be old school run of the mill shock therapy but he most certainly supported a form of more modern day conversion treatments.

Also, his golden track record of being anti-lgbt.

That's your proof? Seems to me he's talking about practicing safe sex and abstinence. 

Convincing people (hetero and gay) to stop raw dogging randoms is not conversion therapy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cypress said:

Not sure about you guys but i fully support prisoners right to bear arms and i fully support charlize therons’ ability to change the sexual orientation of her 7 year old black child.   

Me too, and I'm glad you brought that up. The idea that we get to remove the constitutional right of American citizens to own weapons, just because they are in jail is a great stain on our society. 

I would disown my 4 year old son instantly if he didn't want to go through hormone therapy. Transphobe

3 minutes ago, akaWest said:

That's your proof? Seems to me he's talking about practicing safe sex and abstinence. 

Convincing people (hetero and gay) to stop raw dogging randoms is not conversion therapy.

In fact it would be a great positive for our country. Fewer kids born without both parents, fewer abortions, fewer stds, etc. Literally only positives. 

4 minutes ago, TheDood said:

I didn't say it worked, I don't know a whole lot about it, but if someone wants to try it for themselves why can't they? 

Not shock therapy obviously. 

Why are you against giving people freedom over their own psychological treatments?  

Because the treatment will not work. Attraction doesn’t have a “cure”. People can do whatever the hell they want but I think they’re better off not wasting their time?

Because the treatment will not work. Attraction doesn’t have a “cure”. People can do whatever the hell they want but I think they’re better off not wasting their time?

He was reportedly, supporting its continued legality, Democrats are trying to ban it. So you either are breaking with the Democrat position, or you DO care what people do with their own psychiatrists.

It almost certainly does not work. However, no one is being strapped down and forced to go through with it, they choose the 'treatment'. It's America, let them.

The only conversion therapy i agree with is converting alive communists into dead communists.   

• Upvote (+1) 4

Helicopter rides work best for that purpose, I have heard.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Helicopters work best I have heard.

I don't know... I've heard communism is pretty effective at killing communists.

• Fire (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, akaWest said:

Seems to me you’re interpreting it how you want to for your own narrative. Every source and fact checker says that the quote is most definitely pro conversion therapy, with the only misconception being that he supports shock therapy.

10 minutes ago, WhyIsPuffyTaken said:

social democrats are centrists

Think you mean populist, not centrist

12 hours ago, pharmassists said:

Bernie Sanders said the Boston bomber should be allowed to vote. You guys are fuuuuckkeeed.

So murderers and rapists in jail should be allowed to vote. Also 16 year olds. I thought this was the intellectual party?

Yes. Take away the rights to vote from one demographic and it's a slippery slope to voter suppression.

If you are afraid of the democratic input of murderers and rapists you are pretty fucking dumb.

24 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Seems to me you’re interpreting it how you want to for your own narrative. Every source and fact checker says that the quote is most definitely pro conversion therapy, with the only misconception being that he supports shock therapy.

Maybe it's because I think for myself.

There is no inherent risk of HIV because someone is gay. The risk comes from having unsafe sex and unsafe anal sex. Converting everyone to heterosexuals does not cure HIV if people aren't practicing safe sex.

Use your brain.

• Upvote (+1) 1