Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Hmmmm... something seems off about these headlines but I can't quite put my finger on it. lfl3k33b53u21.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Bernie Sanders said the Boston bomber should be allowed to vote. You guys are fuuuuckkeeed.

So murderers and rapists in jail should be allowed to vote. Also 16 year olds. I thought this was the intellectual party?

1 hour ago, pharmassists said:

Bernie Sanders said the Boston bomber should be allowed to vote. You guys are fuuuuckkeeed.

So murderers and rapists in jail should be allowed to vote. Also 16 year olds. I thought this was the intellectual party?

Damn you took the bait so hard. Exactly what CNN wanted. I don't fully agree with Bernie because I believe that people who have murdered shouldn't be allowed to vote since they took away a voice of another person, but the general idea he has is that just because you  committed a crime doesn't mean your vote should be muted. There are millions of people in prison for drug offenses that cannot vote. Why didn't CNN phrase the question like this vs. how they actually did it. Scum as shit and embarassing Fox News treated him better somehow.

Also where has Bernie specifially stated he wants 16 year olds to vote? And were you against the 26th ammendment that the voting age was reduced from 21 to 18? 18 year olds are arguably just as stupid and don't understand the real world, either.

Last question. Would you agree that people who have committed these horrible crimes with very damning evidence deserve a defense? If so are you defending them (CNN Phrasing in a nutshell)?

9 hours ago, akaWest said:

Whoosh 

I looked through the a majority of the comment section, mostly critiques. So you know, standard Twitter.

39 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Damn you took the bait so hard. Exactly what CNN wanted. I don't fully agree with Bernie because I believe that people who have murdered shouldn't be allowed to vote since they took away a voice of another person, but the general idea he has is that just because you  committed a crime doesn't mean your vote should be muted. There are millions of people in prison for drug offenses that cannot vote.

Also where has Bernie specifially stated he wants 16 year olds to vote? And were you against the 26th ammendment that the voting age was reduced from 21 to 18? 18 year olds are arguably just as stupid and don't understand the real world, either.

Except he was explicitly asked about murders, rapists, and the Boston bomber in particular, not just drug offenders, he could have deflected or clarified his actual position, but he didn't. 

I think non-murders should be able to vote AFTER they leave prison, but definitely not in.

Bernie may not have explicitly stated that 16-year-olds can vote, but that has become a mainstream democrat position. 

21 would probably be a better age than 18 to vote, but we allow 18 year olds to go to war, and own guns, so there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to vote for the Government in charge of their deployment. 

10 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Except he was explicitly asked about murders, rapists, and the Boston bomber in particular, not just drug offenders, he could have deflected or clarified his actual position, but he didn't. 

I think non-murders should be able to vote AFTER they leave prison, but definitely not in.

Bernie may not have explicitly stated that 16-year-olds can vote, but that has become a mainstream democrat position. 

21 would probably be a better age than 18 to vote, but we allow 18 year olds to go to war, and own guns, so there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to vote for the Government in charge of their deployment. 

Bernies idea is that everyone should have the right to vote as it's explicity stated in the US Constitution. The criteria is that a person is 18 and a US citizen. It does not say that your record has anything to do if you can vote or not. That's what a democracy is. He thinks that if you start banning some, then you start banning others which HAS EXACTLY HAPPENED. Hence why murderers, rapists, all the way down to simple drug offenders can't vote....

11 hours ago, akaWest said:

Remember when Cursed Lemon said Buzzfeed was a beacon of journalistic integrity? https://mobile.twitter.com/2xwide_dreaming/status/1120699907403321344

Pepperidge Farm remembers!

Sure is interesting how that screenshot is edited to crop out the description of those transactions. 

Suuuuure is interesting. 

But please, do go on about how much you dislike state-sponsored media. Be reeeaaal thorough. 

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, TheDood said:

Lol the Young Turks

TYT is not awful. But more of a secular talk person.

8 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Here's the exact clip. Without the gotcha OMG headline pharmassits used.

Still saying the same shitty thing. I didn't take it out of context.

"Murderers should be allowed to vote because if not normal people won't be allowed to vote" is a shitty argument.

I think we can agree though that people not in jail who served their time should be allowed to vote.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's pretty crazy to think that believing that murders, terrorist and rapist probably shouldn't be allowed to vote when they are in prison, is a controversial opinion in 2019.

34 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

Still saying the same shitty thing. I didn't take it out of context.

"Murderers should be lowed to vote because if not normal people won't be allowed to vote" is a shitty argument.

I think we can agree though that people not in jail who served their time should be allowed to vote.

I just explained the thought process. It's disingenous to just headline it like he just wanted horrible people to vote without any merit as to why. Already said I didnt fully agree with bernie, he should have answered the question better but that question in of itself was awful and had a clear motive to smear. You're also doing the exact bidding CNN hoped for with these "vetted" questions.

I understand the thought process and it's bullshit that people who are in jail for drug offenses can't vote. Like what difference does it make? Unless they're fully distributing heroin or cocaine which I doubt a vast majority are, it's criminal to say everyone in jail shouldnt vote because there are rapists and murders in there.

auto pilot mode (with no one at the helm) regurgitating and fully agreeing with any left leaning politician because 'partisan politics' and panda bear IQ.

vomit

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Sure is interesting how that screenshot is edited to crop out the description of those transactions. 

Suuuuure is interesting. 

But please, do go on about how much you dislike state-sponsored media. Be reeeaaal thorough. 

You think the description would be incriminating? Of course it says "advertising". The incriminating part is how much compared to other news agencies over the 2016 election cycle. It's not even close - WaPo's largest ad buy was $91k, NYT's largest was $118k

Buzzfeed gets a $1,000,000 ad buy and a $500,000 ad buy a week before the election from an Obama Super Pac. Obviously legit and not at all suspicious considering they published a dossier that no other news source would touch with a ten foot pole a couple months later.

Here's a thread that breaks it down for those who are confused 

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1120830188093353991.html

I literally forgot that another "Republican" was running. How tone deaf is this guy?  Trying to primary Trump from the left is a SUPER popular idea in the party right now.

Although I agree with his statement that "America would be better served by a president Mike Pence" :simms:

• Downvote (-1) 1

13 minutes ago, MarkyVersace said:

Lmao Mike Pence 

Better than Bill Weld.

20 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Mike pence aka loser who thinks gay conversion therapy works lmfao

When did he say this?

Pretty sure the whole conversion therapy discussion stems from this quote: 

"Congress should support the reauthorization of the Ryan White Care Act only after completion of an audit to ensure that federal dollars were no longer being given to organizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the HIV virus. Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

How you got "conversion therapy" from that blows my mind

Speaking of conversion therapy - what's it called when you give children hormones/hormone blockers and cut off their pee pee's? 

People don't actually know anything about Mike Pence, they literally just call him a bigot and move on.