Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

It must be a sad existence to both have so much hate and so much stupidity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I don't have any hate for people. I love the people who are religious which is why I want to see religion dead so they can be free on this earth right here right now, not in some magical utopia in their imagination.

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'll pray for him :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

The idea that life is a cosmic accident that goes on for 70 years if you're lucky, then ends as worm food, is a great view for society to hold on mass.

"Religion is the basis of civil society and is the sources of all good and of all comfort." 

"Liberty does not exist in the absence of morality." 

- Edmund Burke

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Michael Flynn explicitly tried to get Hillary's emails from the Russians at Trump's behest. 

How is that, by itself, NOT collusion? 

You're the Rush Limbaugh of Halo, but the Rachel Maddow of politics. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

The idea that life is a cosmic accident that goes on for 70 years if you're lucky, then ends as worm food, is a great view for society to hold on mass.

"Religion is the basis of civil society and is the sources of all good and of all comfort." 

"Liberty does not exist in the absence of morality." 

- Edmund Burke

Better than pretending that there's an afterlife because you're too mentally fragile to accept reality.

2 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

MFW leftism is a religion that currently has more devotees than any other in the developed world.

How so, elaborate. I dont believe in magical sky men and claim it as truth. Science and mathematics in infinitely better for society than pretend gods with very elaborate and scummy preachings that are cherrypicked beyond belief for one's self.

6 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

MFW leftism is a religion that currently has more devotees than any other in the developed world.

historical materialism is science

Posting pictures instead of refuting the argument, I know it's hard when you want to believe in something really really badly but turns out it's bullshit. Like the tooth fairy or santa claus.

Also, you won't be able to refute it regardless because theres 0 evidence. Hence why I guess you started posting meaningless pictures again because your claim holds no water.

4 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Collusion requires cooperation.

Sorry. Attempted collusion. My bad. 

Remember that the deep state is attacking Trump from the RIGHT, not the left.

Keep that in mind libtards who put their faith in cops, fbi, cia and other cancerous, murderous organisations.

3 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

You're the Rush Limbaugh of Halo, but the Rachel Maddow of politics. 

Comment of the year. I spit my milk all over my phone hahaha!

2 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

I know it's hard when you want to believe in something really really badly but turns out it's bullshit. Like the tooth fairy or santa claus...

I bet you do...

No collusion, no obstruction!

3 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Posting pictures instead of refuting the argument, I know it's hard when you want to believe in something really really badly but turns out it's bullshit. Like the tooth fairy or santa claus.

Also, you won't be able to refute it regardless because theres 0 evidence. Hence why I guess you started posting meaningless pictures again because your claim holds no water.

When you use terms like "Magic sky dad" you're attacking a strawman that no one believes in. Countless philosophers who are much smarter than either of us, have made very advanced arguments for God throughout the millennia. Summing all of them up as "Magic sky dad" no more real nor important than Santa or the Toothfairy, is disingenuous and arrogant, so there isn't much to respond to.  

"I can not show you my God; not because there is no God to show, but because you have no eyes to see him." - St. Augustine 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Also leftist believe in tons of things without evidence (in fact, contrary evidence).

Like Trump-Russia collusion. :kappa:

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

Countless philosophers who are much smarter than either of us, have made very advanced arguments for God throughout the millennia.

Yeah no they haven't

4 hours ago, TheDood said:

Also leftist believe in tons of things without evidence (in fact, contrary evidence).

Like Trump-Russia collusion. :kappa:

Are you guys r*tarded? Did you even skim the report? There is plenty of evidence, there just isn't a smoking gun to prove it beyond a doubt. 

You guys must think OJ is innocent. 

EDIT:

The report describes actions and events that the Special Counsel's Office found to be supported by the evidence collected in our investigation. In some instances, the report points out the absence of evidence or conflicts in the evidence about a particular fact or event. In other instances, when substantial, credible evidence enabled the Office to reach a conclusion with confidence, the report states that the investigation established that certain actions or events occurred. A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean there was no evidence of those facts.

3 hours ago, TheDood said:

When you use terms like "Magic sky dad" you're attacking a strawman that no one believes in. Countless philosophers who are much smarter than either of us, have made very advanced arguments for God throughout the millennia. Summing all of them up as "Magic sky dad" no more real nor important than Santa or the Toothfairy, is disingenuous and arrogant, so there isn't much to respond to.  

"I can not show you my God; not because there is no God to show, but because you have no eyes to see him." - St. Augustine 

Disengenous or arrogance is the fact you actually believe that nonsense. Also, there hasn’t been really any decent arguments for god at all, even from your smart philosophers. Only with a “it’s possible” conclusion. But again with no evidence, who fucking cares. It’s also possible there’s a gigantic magical unicorn that made our universe with fairy dust and fart rainbows. But again with no evidence there’s no base to that claim. Humans writing a book and claiming it’s the word of the lord is absolutely laughable, and if I did that today and showed you you’d brush me off as a crazy ass. The same should be done with religion.

Also to your last quote. “No eyes to see him”, translates to “you have to be a monumental idiot in order to actually ‘see’ your make believe diety”.

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Are you guys r*tarded? Did you even skim the report? There is plenty of evidence, there just isn't a smoking gun to prove it beyond a doubt. 

You guys must think OJ is innocent. 

EDIT:

Plenty of evidence that was manufactured by Obama and his administration. The next few months should be interesting. 

lol 

No one claimed that any U.S. persons worked with the IRA specifically. No one claimed that any U.S. persons worked with the Kremlin specifically. "Did not establish" does not mean "found no evidence for". We know for a fact Manafort had meetings with Russians. So on and so forth. 

Professional spin doctors up in here.