Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

I don’t think you know what “expanding” means. They’re already getting funded. Admittedly I don’t know how much disabled vets get in the state of New York off the top of my head. And if they're deemed underfunded I'd support expanding it.

Also quite hilarious coming from a guy who supports a man who settled out of court scamming people with his fake university. Those vulnerable people you didn’t give a shit about.

I don't think you understand the problem. The problem is ILLEGAL ALIENS getting $27 MILLION in tuition aid in the first place. They shouldn't even be in the country, let alone allowed to enroll in our schools and drain funding that could be used elsewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

I don't think you understand the problem. The problem is ILLEGAL ALIENS getting $27 MILLION in tuition aid in the first place. They shouldn't even be in the country, let alone allowed to enroll in our schools and drain funding that could be used elsewhere.

Illegals paid billions of dollars in tax last year, not even including the fake SSN ones that filed. More than amazon, netflix, chevron, eli lilly, and john deere combined, almong with the other 50+ish companies that are massive and didn't pay a dime. When are you going to start saying these companies aren't amercian since they just profit off the american people and don't feel like paying their fair share?

11 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Illegals paid billions of dollars in tax last year, not even including the fake SSN ones that filed. More than amazon, netflix, chevron, eli lilly, and john deere combined, almong with the other 50+ish companies that are massive and didn't pay a dime. When are you going to start saying these companies aren't amercian since they just profit off the american people and don't feel like paying their fair share?

So none of these companies paid payroll tax, excise tax, sales tax, real estate tax or any other taxes? Just because they didn't pay federal income tax doesn't mean they don't pay taxes. It simply means that 1. They are reinvesting money back into the business in order to grow and in turn it reduces tax liability 2. They have a tax deferment from previous years losses.

Also, every upper echelon employee of these companies pays personal federal income tax. If a company has zero tax liability it doesn't mean that those who profit off the company have zero liability as well.

7 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Dude, just stop posting n talking about politics.  You’re embarrassing your fellow demotards.   

My wife keeps asking me why i laugh at my phone sometimes n i tell her that i read a legend post.   

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, akaWest said:

So none of these companies paid payroll tax, excise tax, sales tax, real estate tax or any other taxes? Just because they didn't pay federal income tax doesn't mean they don't pay taxes. It simply means that 1. They are reinvesting money back into the business in order to grow and in turn it reduces tax liability 2. They have a tax deferment from previous years losses.

Also, every upper echelon employee of these companies pays personal federal income tax. If a company has zero tax liability it doesn't mean that those who profit off the company have zero liability as well.

Porbably much less than they're supposed to. Considering New York was about to give Amazon billions just to move in is a laughable joke. But theres nothing wrong with that...right? you love them for not paying their taxes and getting billions 4 free

14 hours ago, akaWest said:

These people hate America. qvgndrcxctr21.jpg

Nah they love America. You hate America.

• Downvote (-1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

You are so mad that you are too fucking stupid to even go to university in the first place lmaooo

• Upvote (+1) 1

On 4/12/2019 at 12:04 AM, Rick said:

Medical bills did not go towards your credit score until Obamacare.

For Obama so loved the poor he created millions more.

Not sure if this is even true, considering it comes from you I'd have to fact check that. And even if it is I don't know why you'd think I'd blindly defend obama in this. It's not something I agree with. Hence why I support universal healthcare.....................so shit like this doesnt happen...................

17 minutes ago, Cypress said:

Dude, just stop posting n talking about politics.  You’re embarrassing your fellow demotards.   

My wife keeps asking me why i laugh at my phone sometimes n i tell her that i read a legend post.   

The fact that your wife knows about my posts just shows how rent free your brain is xd

• Salt (-1) 1

2 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Porbably much less than they're supposed to. Considering New York was about to give Amazon billions just to move in is a laughable joke. But theres nothing wrong with that...right? you love them for not paying their taxes and getting billions 4 free

Billions for free? They weren't cutting Amazon a check, It was a tax break on Amazon's future earnings. That money doesn't exist unless Amazon is in NYC generating revenue. It was a no lose situation for NYC. 

As far as federal income tax is concerned, I don't think anyone should have to pay it but that's a whole other conversation in itself.

Gonna be great when some far right psychopath makes an attempted on Ilhan Omar's life and all of these right wing media groups and talking heads claim complete innocence

Nobody criticize politicians because a crazy person might do something.

Terrible argument.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pharmassists said:

Nobody criticize politicians because a crazy person might do something.

Terrible argument.

I'm not saying you can't criticize her or anyone else just on that basis, but the blatant islamphobia targeted at her is far more hatred and criticism than any other politican today. The president of the United States is posting videos of her talking with footage of 9/11 while someone just murdered 50 peaceful muslims in New Zealand. If you can't see how all of this media targeted at her is very dangerous, idk what to say.

If anyone seriously believes that she was happy about 911 or believes it isn't a big deal and a terrible tragedy, you're a fucking idiot.

• Downvote (-1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 2

2 hours ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

Anyone who says "some people did something" in reference to 9/11 deserves a tall tree + short rope.

If anyone deserves to be hung, it's people who believe that different people of color and cultures can't coexist peacefully, you fucking Nazi. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Toxic (+1) 1
  • Salt (-1) 1

17 minutes ago, MarkyVersace said:

I'm not saying you can't criticize her or anyone else just on that basis, but the blatant islamphobia targeted at her is far more hatred and criticism than any other politican today. The president of the United States is posting videos of her talking with footage of 9/11 while someone just murdered 50 peaceful muslims in New Zealand. If you can't see how all of this media targeted at her is very dangerous, idk what to say.

If anyone seriously believes that she was happy about 911 or believes it isn't a big deal and a terrible tragedy, you're a fucking idiot.

I didn't like that video(I do think her words were careless though). I just don't buy into rhetoric causing crazy people to be crazy. If a criticism is poor, show why it is poor. Labeling speech violence isn't a good counter argument.

And going by your argument the Media has been trying to get Trump and Russians killed for 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

9/11 and the nz thing wouldn't have happened if muslims were forced to stay in their own countries. Just to be completely clear the us has no place in the middle east doing Isn'traels bidding either.

• Downvote (-1) 2

5 hours ago, pharmassists said:

I didn't like that video(I do think her words were careless though). I just don't buy into rhetoric causing crazy people to be crazy. If a criticism is poor, show why it is poor. Labeling speech violence isn't a good counter argument.

And going by your argument the Media has been trying to get Trump and Russians killed for 2 years.

Freedom of speech is increidbly important. 
Freedom of expression, and calling an action of violence is completely different, and not protected by the constitution. 

A lot of people have a hard time seperating the two. The first should always be protected since its our inalienable right as us citizens, as laid down by our founding fathers.
I might not agree with what the president is saying or doing but I would fight for his right to say/do it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1