Jump to content
Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, TheDood said:

Republicans got slapped in 2018 because of Trump. You are proving my point. AOC is the opposite side of the Trump coin. Her base loves her, as his base loves him, but it will cost the party and political movement at large. 

 

I agree. It's scary how similar they are with the being dumb as a fucking sand.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

if you're a MAGA chud who's whining about Biden's behavior what you're basically saying is that you're fine with rape as long as it's done by someone you like but you absolutely despise creepy touching when it's politically convenient for you

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I agree. 

Yeah... Wait no, because they were totally fine with ignoring it for the last 40 years and when he was vice president, and only care now because they want someone farther left to win the nomination.  The lady from Nevada who is testifying against him, is an open Bernie Sanders supporter, that is not suspicious at all.

3 hours ago, pharmassists said:

I agree. It's scary how similar they are with the being dumb as a fucking sand.

Don't get me wrong, I like most of Trump's policy and will almost certainly vote for him in 2020 because the Democrats have become insane. But people who hold him up as some kind of thought leader are stupid. His rhetoric only helps motivate his base, and alienates everyone else. He is toxic for the party, and his personal behavior is unbecoming, even if I like what he does generally. He is definitely not someone who I can co full blown campaigner for, unfortunately.

31 minutes ago, Niku said:

if you're a MAGA chud who's whining about Biden's behavior what you're basically saying is that you're fine with rape as long as it's done by someone you like but you absolutely despise creepy touching when it's politically convenient for you

Donald Trump has not raped anyone, neither has Biden as far as I can tell. Stop being stupid

I feel like I have been one of the more vocal Trump critics in this thread. I would 100% prefer if he wasn't the kind of guy to cheat on three wives and have sex with porn stars. I wish he didn't say the vulgar things that he often does. I wish that he was a clean-cut, dedicated, Evangelical Christian who spoke clearly and whatnot. But he isn't. He is what he is. If I could appoint, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Dan Crenshaw, Ben Sasse, Nicky Haley, or Greg Abbot, etc. As president,  I would. But I can't because politics is a practical science.

That being said,  I support him generally because he often does policy that I want, even if he says things that I wish he didn't. And the alternative, the Democrats, are unbelievably bad. They have become the party of open borders, 60% tax, abolishing the electoral college, abolishing the Senate, stacking the Supreme Court, lowering the voting age to 16, banning cars and planes, anti-Isreal, abortion until birth (and after in some cases), banning semi-auto firearms and more. So they are obviously not an option. The Libertarian party is a joke and full of trash human beings, so I can't vote for them either. 

 

  • Upvote (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post

Who is everyone's predicted Democrat nominee? 

I thought it was going to be Beto, but people seem to have lost the love for him.

Now I think that it will either be Bernie (somehow) or that Buttigieg guy, coming from behind. 

Share this post


Link to post

"They have become the party of open borders, 60% tax, abolishing the electoral college, abolishing the Senate, stacking the Supreme Court, lowering the voting age to 16, banning cars and planes, anti-Isreal, abortion until birth (and after in some cases), banning semi-auto firearms and more. So they are obviously not an option. The Libertarian party is a joke and full of trash human beings, so I can't vote for them either"

 

Most of these sound pretty good lol. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, MarkyVersace said:

Most of these sound pretty good lol. 

Yikes.

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post

Israel fucking sucks and is stealing land. Taxing ppeoplebthe fair amount related to their income is actually good. Abortion after birth, lol????

 

And stacking the supreme Court sounds fair after that turtle fuck McConnel literally stole a seat from Obama

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, MarkyVersace said:

Israel fucking sucks and is stealing land. Taxing ppeoplebthe fair amount related to their income is actually good. Abortion after birth, lol????

 

And stacking the supreme Court sounds fair after that turtle fuck McConnel literally stole a seat from Obama

Raising the tax rate punishes small business. How about we find a way to stop corporations from paying no taxes? 

Also we already tax people based on what they make. We have been doing that for a while now. Half the people in this country literally pay no taxes.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

Raising the tax rate punishes small business. How about we find a way to stop corporations from paying no taxes? 

Also we already tax people based on what they make. We have been doing that for a while now. Half the people in this country literally pay no taxes.

That's what I'm getting at. Bezos and Amazon pay 0.00 in taxes along with Apple and a thousand others. Properly taxing those companies and people could help fund these "impossible ideas" like Medicare-For-All where there wouldnt be hundreds of people begging for their life on gofundme every day for health care expenses 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MarkyVersace said:

That's what I'm getting at. Bezos and Amazon pay 0.00 in taxes along with Apple and a thousand others. Properly taxing those companies and people could help fund these "impossible ideas" like Medicare-For-All where there wouldnt be hundreds of people begging for their life on gofundme every day for health care expenses 

I don't think anyone likes the idea of companies paying nothing. Problem is they lobby Democrats and Republicans to keep the status quo. Raising rates would look good on paper, but they would still pay zero because "they create jerbs" or claim losses oversees where the IRS can't/won't investigate. Meanwhile small businesses can't compete because they will be paying the higher rate. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, TheDood said:

Yeah... Wait no, because they were totally fine with ignoring it for the last 40 years and when he was vice president, and only care now because they want someone farther left to win the nomination.  The lady from Nevada who is testifying against him, is an open Bernie Sanders supporter, that is not suspicious at all.

That would be quite a theory, except the Democrats have dumped every single one of their own that have been multiply accused of sexual misconduct in recent years with no politics factoring into the discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post

 

48 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

Raising the tax rate punishes small business. How about we find a way to stop corporations from paying no taxes? 

First we have to get half the country to believe that companies who make their money on the backs of American citizens should give up some of their excess to support American infrastructure and take care of the American worker. 

It's an ideological problem first, a pragmatic problem second. 

Share this post


Link to post

If you taxed every single corporation in the country 100% of their profits, that would give each American roughly $7,000 / year.  That doesn't even dent the medicare / tuition that the socialists democrats are promising...  not even close. 

 

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Off topic but universal basic income seems like a gross overreaction to automation. Andrew Yang is also overrated.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Niku said:

if you're a MAGA chud who's whining about Biden's behavior what you're basically saying is that you're fine with rape as long as it's done by someone you like but you absolutely despise creepy touching when it's politically convenient for you

Speaking of Democrats raping people...anyone following the Nxivm debacle? 

https://nypost.com/2019/04/01/nxivm-member-admits-to-enslaving-woman-in-a-locked-room-for-2-years/amp/

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Cypress said:

If you taxed every single corporation in the country 100% of their profits, that would give each American roughly $7,000 / year.  That doesn't even dent the medicare / tuition that the socialists democrats are promising...  not even close. 

 

Oh wow nice little math problem there, I didn’t know people go to college at age 1. Also people don’t visit the doctor regularly enough to blow 7k/year unless you’re sick round the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Oh wow nice little math problem there, I didn’t know people go to college at aged 1. Also people don’t visit the doctor regularly enough to blow 7k/year unless you’re sick round the clock.

I know you’re slow, so i’ll explain my 2 second math for you.  I took the 2018 corporate profit and divided it up by 330 million.  Then you can go google and see how much we spend on healthcare per year and my post starts to make sense.  Healthcare alone tops the corp profits by over a trillion.  I didnt even look at tuition dumb dumb.   

but that wasnt really the point of the post at all.  The main point is that tax paying Americans are going to take the brunt of these socialists programs, not corporations (allthough, it does help somewhat getting them to spit out a fair share of taxes)

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Oh wow nice little math problem there, I didn’t know people go to college at age 1. Also people don’t visit the doctor regularly enough to blow 7k/year unless you’re sick round the clock.

"Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue" Prov 17:28

 

:kappa:

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Cypress said:

I know you’re slow, so i’ll explain my 2 second math for you.  I took the 2018 corporate profit and divided it up by 330 million.  Then you can go google and see how much we spend on healthcare per year and my post starts to make sense.  Healthcare alone tops the corp profits by over a trillion.  I didnt even look at tuition dumb dumb.   

but that wasnt really the point of the post at all.  The main point is that tax paying Americans are going to take the brunt of these socialists programs, not corporations (allthough, it does help somewhat getting them to spit out a fair share of taxes)

Google how much we spend on healthcare currently vs a universal system. (Psst. It saves a lot of money for Americans).

Like why even compare current costs under the current system vs a universal system where the insurance company isn’t trying to bend you over financially while giving you meh results lol

Share this post


Link to post

Universal healthcare in the US would be too expensive because we have too many fatties and illegals mooching off the system. Do I want to subsidize health care for irresponsible fatasses and illegal immigrants? Hell to the fucking no. Take control of your own health by working out, eating healthy and you won't need health insurance.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

Universal healthcare in the US would be too expensive because we have too many fatties and illegals mooching off the system. Do I want to subsidize health care for irresponsible fatasses and illegal immigrants? Hell to the fucking no. Take control of your own health by working out, eating healthy and you won't need health insurance.

People who are “healthy” still get cancer. What’s your solution just to lol in their face and say good luck?

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

What’s your solution just to lol in their face and say good luck?

Wait until you get cancer to get insurance. What are the odds of someone who lives extremely healthy getting cancer anyways? I'm guessing not very high.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

People who are “healthy” still get cancer. What’s your solution just to lol in their face and say good luck?

Catastrophic coverage @$50/month

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.