Jump to content
Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Buffdaddy Jamal said:

LOL. republican family man = racist redneck. your mind on leftism.

Republican 'family man' = reality tv show rapist who has gone through three wives and bred with all of them

 

Share this post


Link to post

Trump is the ultimate family man, hence the 3 divorces and constant cheating on his wives. Role model christian.

  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

When you are too stupid to come up with your own things to say you pull a legendaryshotz and just repeat what a fellow idiot said.

Share this post


Link to post

People on both sides speak highly of Trump as a father. Even Hillary spoke of how well he's raised his children.

 

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Rick said:

When you are too stupid to come up with your own things to say you pull a legendaryshotz and just repeat what a fellow idiot said.

Your hero is a rapist who wants to fuck his own daughter #familyvalues

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Rick said:

When you are too stupid to come up with your own things to say you pull a legendaryshotz and just repeat what a fellow idiot said.

No you guys are just forgetful so I have to say the same shit over and over 

Share this post


Link to post

NZ trying to issue a prison sentence for anyone in possession of Le Meme-ifesto. Yeah this is some dumb shit 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

NZ trying to issue a prison sentence for anyone in possession of Le Meme-ifesto. Yeah this is some dumb shit 

We treat ISIS propaganda the same way. What's the issue?

  • Downvote (-1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/20/2019 at 9:31 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

Oh you're against shaking the status quo, huh? You must've been so mad about Scott Walker. Or Neil Gorsuch. 

Why would I be upset over Gorsuch?

On 3/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, Niku said:

Red states are poorer than blue states. Cry more. Liberals are objectively better than conservatives.

I  have addressed this many times so I don't want to go on a rant here, but sufficient to say, this is an incredibly narrow and dishonest view. And for the last time, the state with the highest level of poverty when adjusted for cost of living is California. If there is any state that is rich enough to make sure no one is living in poverty, it should be Cali.

On 3/21/2019 at 10:15 PM, Cursed Lemon said:

The only argument for the electoral college is an extremely loose interpretation of states' rights. 

If only "states' rights" wasn't always shorthand for "states' rights to do really stupid shit". 

They should have the right to do stupid stuff. Wyoming can't force Massachutes to have it's 'Constitutional carry' laws, and Oregon shouldn't force Tennesse to have loose abortion and weed laws etc. This allows each state to create the society that the people in the state want. People being forced to accept things that they do not want, because of someone totally different than them, a thousand miles away, is a recipe for civil war. States should be microcosms that allow for different cultures and governments.   

22 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Libtards want illegals to have the vote, apparently conservatards want trees and corn to have the vote. 

The average piece of corn in Nebraska and the average Democrat voter in Hawaii have the same IQ :kappa:

16 hours ago, Niku said:

 

Racist red necks may have more rights on paper, but they are poor, oppressed and starved of federal funding so its all good lol

1

Ironically this is a pretty good defense of the Electoral College. Poor rural people have less power in media, academia, business, etc. The electoral college doesn't allow politicians to completely ignore them aswell.

12 hours ago, Niku said:

Republican 'family man' = reality tv show rapist who has gone through three wives and bred with all of them

 

Donald Trump represents the average Republican voter? Weird, until recently, he was a life long New York Democrat. I guess I didn't realize he was the gun owning, small town, evangelical, from a fly-over-state that votes Republican.

11 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

NZ trying to issue a prison sentence for anyone in possession of Le Meme-ifesto. Yeah this is some dumb shit 

At least we can agree that this kind of censorship is stupid. :)

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

The Electoral College does two other positive things for our elections btw.

#1: It makes it harder to cheat. Instead of for example someone finding a mysterious extra 5,000 votes in Alaska and winning the election, they would have to predict the state(s) that was going to be close and have the right number of electoral votes to actually swing the election. It makes it harder for illegals voting, fraud, or simple machine malfunctions to truly affect the election. 

#2. If the public truly picks the wrong president. As in Hitler and Mao had a baby and that baby got elected by 50.000001 of the American population (or at least of the American population that actually took the time to vote), the electors could in theory simply refuse to appoint him as president. Saving the people from themselves and those who did not vote from those who did, there would be no such ability in a direct election.

Share this post


Link to post

Free speech for ISIS Imams!

 

I'd rather not die thanks 

Share this post


Link to post

My only issues with the EC are that it's currently winner take all and that we seem to have too few electors. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Niku said:

We treat ISIS propaganda the same way. What's the issue?

I don't get imprisoned for watching ISIS propaganda. 

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TheDood said:

They should have the right to do stupid stuff. Wyoming can't force Massachutes to have it's 'Constitutional carry' laws, and Oregon shouldn't force Tennesse to have loose abortion and weed laws etc. This allows each state to create the society that the people in the state want. People being forced to accept things that they do not want, because of someone totally different than them, a thousand miles away, is a recipe for civil war. States should be microcosms that allow for different cultures and governments.   

They already do that literally every time a law is passed within their jurisdiction. That's how laws work. 

Quote

If the public truly picks the wrong president.

Goi9Q9s.jpg

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

NZ trying to issue a prison sentence for anyone in possession of Le Meme-ifesto. Yeah this is some dumb shit 

Lemonexit when?

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

what is google down? going to keep answering the same shit over and over? would rather discuss your hard on for the founding fathers and why they can never do wrong, shit changes, life is so much different now than in 1776...for instance population is so much smarter (well, some) than it was back in those days where many people couldnt even read

I asked a very basic question. This is you not answering it.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Niku said:

We treat ISIS propaganda the same way. What's the issue?

Enjoy your un-person Orwellian repression    

Basically the same as western schools omitting WW2 because, “nazis”

  • Downvote (-1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

My only issues with the EC are that it's currently winner take all and that we seem to have too few electors. 

Also my biggest issue.  No state should have over 20 electoral votes.  California for example should be forced to split up their votes like Maine does.

 

There are a lot of Liberals in California, but there are also a lot of Republicans who are not represented fairly at the National level.  There is no reason for any candidate to campaign there because it's a Liberal mecca.  Split up those states and all of a sudden we have a whole new slew of battleground areas for both parties.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Cypress said:

Enjoy your un-person Orwellian repression    

Basically the same as western schools omitting WW2 because, “nazis”

Spare a thought for the real oppressed peoples. Nazis and ISIS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I don't get imprisoned for watching ISIS propaganda. 

You're a terror threat if you do watch ISIS propaganda when it isn't done through an academic lens.

When authorities don't imprison these people and an attack does happen, it's the right wing Islamophobic ******* who are the first to complain why nothing was done.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Niku said:

You're a terror threat if you do watch ISIS propaganda when it isn't done through an academic lens.

When authorities don't imprison these people and an attack does happen, it's the right wing Islamophobic ******* who are the first to complain why nothing was done.

You're an Antifa terrorist Niku. Everything you say is terrorist propaganda. You should self surrender and ask for the max.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/antifa-domestic-terrorists-us-security-agencies-homeland-security-fbi-a7927881.html

  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Rick said:

Also my biggest issue.  No state should have over 20 electoral votes.  California for example should be forced to split up their votes like Maine does.

 

There are a lot of Liberals in California, but there are also a lot of Republicans who are not represented fairly at the National level.  There is no reason for any candidate to campaign there because it's a Liberal mecca.  Split up those states and all of a sudden we have a whole new slew of battleground areas for both parties.

 

 

What is gerrymandering for 400, Alex.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

lol this is almost exactly what I said verbatum a few weeks ago about Ben Shapirio, well heres your proof

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.