Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Hilarious coming from the guy who didn't even flinch at the Daniel Shaver video. 

Daniel Shaver was one guy who wouldn't do what the police were ordering him to do.  He is the reason why he is dead.  The cops also didn't go back and shoot him a dozen more times just to make sure he was dead.

Death doesn't bother me, but that was a little overkill.  I'm surprised the shooter didn't go and tbag any of those people, he seems like the kind of guy that would.

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Posts a manifesto about Arabs polluting the gene pool. 

Shoots up a mosque. 

"Motive not understood." 

When exactly has any mass murder that targets one demographic not been the result of intense bigotry with a splash of mental illness? When exactly did we have to wait for the "real motive" to come out after the fact? 

The dude was a racist asshole who thought he was Heath Ledger's Joker. End of. 

Tell me more about the shooter's past. What has he been up to the last 10 years?

Just now, RVG E Nomini said:

Tell me more about the shooter's past. What has he been up to the last 10 years?

I don't care about the psychological forensics of this incident. But please enlighten me as to what could possibly have occurred in the shooter's past that would make this not a hate crime of the most extreme variety. 

Does anyone believe that this wasn't a hate crime?

wow

If the killing of dozens of Muslims is indeed a hate crime, then how exactly is this incident "bait"? 

This is exactly what left wingers are trying to prevent from happening. And it happened. It would be "bait" if he didn't do anything of significance. It's not a fucking false flag. 

Also, have you ever considered the fact that the manifesto is fucking r*tarded because alt-righters are, in fact, fucking r*tarded? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

If the killing of dozens of Muslims is indeed a hate crime, then how exactly is this incident "bait"? 

This is exactly what left wingers are trying to prevent from happening. And it happened. It would be "bait" if he didn't do anything of significance. It's not a fucking false flag. 

Also, have you ever considered the fact that the manifesto is fucking r*tarded because alt-righters are, in fact, fucking r*tarded? 

You're r*tarded. The MANIFESTO is definitely bait. The slaughter was just a means of marketing said bait, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Downvote (-1) 3
  • Salt (-1) 1

"Bait" happens when someone has an ulterior motive to what they state that their intentions are. 

Patiently waiting on what said ulterior motive is.

6 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

"Bait" happens when someone has an ulterior motive to what they state that their intentions are. 

Patiently waiting on what said ulterior motive is.

Either you really are a fucking idiot or this is gr8 b8 m8

"Bait" is an idea put forth to solicit (you)'s or in other words "get a response". It's just another word for trolling. "Trolling" originates from fishing...sometime in the early 90's people mistook it to mean troll like the creature that lives under the bridge. After that, came "Flaming" (more or less argumentative trolling) and wait for it.... "Flamebait" which was used to "bait" people into arguments. 

The simple fact that he included the Navy Seal copy pasta makes his manifesto "bait". It's probably the most famous "b8" pasta on the fucking internet. He also said "subscribe to PDP" this can also be considered bait. Candace Owens too extreme? Shit's fucking bait. 

You've been on the internet for 20+ years, how are you this clueless?

16 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I don't care about the psychological forensics of this incident. But please enlighten me as to what could possibly have occurred in the shooter's past that would make this not a hate crime of the most extreme variety. 

I asked you what the shooter has been up to the last 10 years. Please give me a synopsis of what you know. I didn't say it isn't a hate crime so get off that wagon while you can. What I want to know is the real motive. Judging based on the crime itself is not sufficient.

2 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

I asked you what the shooter has been up to the last 10 years. Please give me a synopsis of what you know. I didn't say it isn't a hate crime so get off that wagon while you can. What I want to know is the real motive. Judging based on the crime itself is not sufficient.

"What I want to know is the real motive" 

Racism and xenophobia. That's it. 

4 hours ago, WhyIsPuffyTaken said:

"What I want to know is the real motive" 

Racism and xenophobia. That's it. 

So nobody can answer the question of where the guy has been and what he's been up to the last 10 years? Just out of the blue up and shoots crowds in a mosque and oh just another racist crime?  No need for actual backstory?

7 hours ago, akaWest said:

Either you really are a fucking idiot or this is gr8 b8 m8

"Bait" is an idea put forth to solicit (you)'s or in other words "get a response". It's just another word for trolling. "Trolling" originates from fishing...sometime in the early 90's people mistook it to mean troll like the creature that lives under the bridge. After that, came "Flaming" (more or less argumentative trolling) and wait for it.... "Flamebait" which was used to "bait" people into arguments. 

The simple fact that he included the Navy Seal copy pasta makes his manifesto "bait". It's probably the most famous "b8" pasta on the fucking internet. He also said "subscribe to PDP" this can also be considered bait. Candace Owens too extreme? Shit's fucking bait. 

You've been on the internet for 20+ years, how are you this clueless?

"I'm going to use guns to kill Muslims so that people will be mad about people using guns to kill Muslims." 

*uses guns to kill Muslims* 

*world has an argument about guns and hate crimes* 

"HAHAHAHAHAHHA THOSE LOSERS THEY TOOK THE BAIT"

poQxTe3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

7 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

3leBktQ.jpg

I already issued the challenge to name one mass shooting incident that wasn't as it seemed. This weird-ass skepticism has zero place. 

17 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

3leBktQ.jpg

I already issued the challenge to name one mass shooting incident that wasn't as it seemed. This weird-ass skepticism has zero place. 

I'm not telling you to prove a negative, I'm asking for more backstory. There have been many racists/xenophobes in the world, but very rarely have they done things like this. I just want to know what pushed this guy over the edge. I didn't say you guys are necessarily wrong, I just prefer something better than "he shot muslims therefore he is a xenophobe" as if that's precisely what every xenophobe does, because they don't.

Dylan Roof shot up a black church after writing a rambling manifesto about white supremacy. 

What was his "bait"? 

• Thonking (+0) 1

5 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

I'm not telling you to prove a negative, I'm asking for more backstory. There have been many racists/xenophobes in the world, but very rarely have they done things like this. I just want to know what pushed this guy over the edge. I didn't say you guys are necessarily wrong, I just prefer something better than "he shot muslims therefore he is a xenophobe" as if that's precisely what every xenophobe does, because they don't.

He went to France, didn't like what he saw. Felt like that would become ubiquitous, so he killed a bunch of people. Put the names of conservatives in his manifesto knowing they would be blamed by the media so that the right would feel ostracized, hopefully creating more alt-right in the process. That's my take anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Too many people are killed by drunk drivers every year, so we should ban all sober people from driving.

Too many people are killed by illegal immigrants every year so we should open our borders!

10 hours ago, pharmassists said:

He went to France, didn't like what he saw. Felt like that would become ubiquitous, so he killed a bunch of people. Put the names of conservatives in his manifesto knowing they would be blamed by the media so that the right would feel ostracized, hopefully creating more alt-right in the process. That's my take anyway.

What I was hoping someone would bring up is that he frequently visited the middle east (pakistan, turkey, bulgaria, romania) and posted on facebook about how he enjoys pakistan and its people. He often stayed at a hotel in islamabad that has shia muslim owners who have connections to the nizaris. He then shows up in christchurch NZ that has a history of locals becoming muslim radicals. There's also been a big mossad operation in the town for a long time. Then, on the same day that a high-ranking pakistani intelligence operative is found dead under mysterious circumstances, this guy shoots up a sunni mosque.

It's an interesting thread of events and circumstances to think about and for me, the explanation that he's just a xenophobe angry about mass influxes of muslims into european countries through immigration programs doesn't hold a whole lot of water.  I'm not quite satisfied with the jump by many to "just another white racist guy going off" narrative and blame trump republican conservative whatever.

Here are some links:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/16/asia/new-zealand-suspect-brenton-tarrant-about-intl/index.html

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-04/preacher-denies-australian-killed-in-yemen-was-radicalised-in-nz/5500604

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/101480988/kiwi-teenager-radicalised-online-planned-mass-killing-in-christchurch-for-allah

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/8649223/Mossad-spy-ring-unearthed-because-of-Christchurch-earthquake.html

https://www.news18.com/news/world/former-pakistan-intel-operative-found-dead-under-mysterious-circumstances-in-islamabad-2067671.html

Maybe this stuff is off the rails but it's worth considering in an attempt to get the story right.

New Zealand has lots of guns and almost no murder. One mass shooting does not change that. Any gun control there is an over reaction 

1 hour ago, TheDood said:

New Zealand has lots of guns and almost no murder. One mass shooting does not change that. Any gun control there is an over reaction 

Almost as if they have 1.2 million guns registered, to 12,000 not registered. I’ll let you look up the ratios of US gun registering to unregistered. But very responsible of them to always try to improve and restrict the problem areas.

• Downvote (-1) 2