Jump to content
Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I honestly don't mind that you ignored my peer-reviewed citation (not that peer review makes things irrefutable because it absolutely doesn't) because my point doesn't even require non-citizen voting to occur. My point is that it undermines the voice of the citizens of this country and therefore I oppose open support of it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

because my point doesn't even require non-citizen voting to occur. 

Your...your point about non-citizen voting undermining the power of citizen voting doesn't require non-citizen voting to occur? 

I think I just discovered the crux of our disagreement. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Your...your point about non-citizen voting undermining the power of citizen voting doesn't require non-citizen voting to occur? 

I think I just discovered the crux of our disagreement. 

Whether or not it occurs, open support of non-citizen voting is still clear intent to undermine the rights of this country's citizens, which I oppose. Make more sense now? Maybe I should have couched my statement of "it occurs" with less certainty but it's not terribly relevant honestly. The magnitude (from negligible all the way to election altering) is also irrelevant to my opposition of it.

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Whether or not it occurs, open support of non-citizen voting is still clear intent to undermine the rights of this country's citizens, which I oppose. Make more sense now? Maybe I should have couched my statement of "it occurs" with less certainty but it's not terribly relevant honestly. The magnitude (from negligible all the way to election altering) is also irrelevant to my opposition of it.

I already said that non-citizens voting in schoolboard elections is bureaucratically problematic. To elevate the issue as it presently exists to some kind of imminent catastrophe to our country's sovereignty, however, is nothing more than scaremongering. 

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I already said that non-citizens voting in schoolboard elections is bureaucratically problematic. To elevate the issue as it presently exists to some kind of imminent catastrophe to our country's sovereignty, however, is nothing more than scaremongering. 

Well you defended non-citizen voting by stating that some pay taxes, forgive me if it doesn't sound like you care about bureaucratic problems lol.

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Why the hell is he commenting on this? 

I'm sure Niku thinks it has something to do with the facist coke brothers, or maybe Pepsi or some other soda pop boogie man.

Personally I'm not sure just thought it was hilarious that he fucked up so bad. To be fair German Dam is a weird ass name.

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Well you defended non-citizen voting by stating that some pay taxes, forgive me if it doesn't sound like you care about bureaucratic problems lol.

That was the moral component of the argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

I'm sure Niku thinks it has something to do with the facist coke brothers, or maybe Pepsi or some other soda pop boogie man.

Personally I'm not sure just thought it was hilarious that he fucked up so bad. To be fair German Dam is a weird ass name.

Nevermind, he's just trying to take a cheap shot with the whole "THIS IS WHAT SOCIALISM LOOKS LIKE" routine. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

driver licenses(California) and fake SSN

Millions of illegals voted for Crooked H in 2016, mainly in California, which is why she won the popular vote.

13.2 million votes in 2012, 14.1 in 2016, democrats won by almost the same margin. Not going to let you get away with saying stupid shit.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

13.2 million votes in 2012, 14.1 in 2016, democrats won by almost the same margin. Not going to let you get away with saying stupid shit.

Millions of illegals have flooded into California, dummy. Many of which have a fake SSN and drivers license. Millions of them vote and what a shocker that they voted for Obama in 2012. Your point? 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I already said that non-citizens voting in schoolboard elections is bureaucratically problematic. To elevate the issue as it presently exists to some kind of imminent catastrophe to our country's sovereignty, however, is nothing more than scaremongering. 

Ya, walk it back dude.  Mind boggling that anyone wouldn’t immediately reject the idea of illegals voting...  in ANY election, regardless of how minuscule its implications might be.  

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That was the moral component of the argument. 

It isn't immoral to prevent non-citizens from subverting the say of actual citizens in the policies of the country that belongs to those citizens. It's far more arguable that non-citizens voting is immoral. Citizenship and its benefits, such as voting, aren't a fundamental human right.

  • Upvote (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RVG E Nomini said:

It isn't immoral to prevent non-citizens from subverting the say of actual citizens in the policies of the country that belongs to those citizens. It's far more arguable that non-citizens voting is immoral. Citizenship and its benefits, such as voting, aren't a fundamental human right.

How about we rewind back to current actual reality where "voter fraud" is literally fake news and nothing but a garbage political talking point for Republicans, and you'll hopefully see why I don't really care. 

Share this post


Link to post

Liberals love illegals because illegals give more power to the actual voting Liberals.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

How about we rewind back to current actual reality where "voter fraud" is literally fake news and nothing but a garbage political talking point for Republicans, and you'll hopefully see why I don't really care. 

You should publish a paper to counter the sciencedirect paper I posted.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Well I can't even read it, so. 

But you can read the dozen or so sources I posted. Hey here's another one that was literally one click away from what you posted

Oh and gee, look at this

And this

And THHIIIISSS

Therefore I shouldn't be concerned that the democratic party is pushing to enable voting by non-citizens? That was my entire point to begin with. I know there are a lot of studies that show negligible non-citizen participation in elections and there's at least one that believes they have before (the scale is certainly questionable though).

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Therefore I shouldn't be concerned that the democratic party is pushing to enable voting by non-citizens? That was my entire point to begin with. I know there are a lot of studies that show negligible non-citizen participation in elections and there's at least one that believes they have before (the scale is certainly questionable though).

I got sick of this Google-Fu battle nonsense in 2008 for a very good reason, it's entirely beside the point. The Republican party's antics are far, far more of a risk for national security and the integrity of socioeconomic structure in general than brown people trying to make a living, and I'm not terribly amused at attempts to try to argue the contrary. 

Share this post


Link to post

"There were alligators at the North Pole. What was that, you and your SUV?"

Get wrecked, lol! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I got sick of this Google-Fu battle nonsense in 2008 for a very good reason, it's entirely beside the point. The Republican party's antics are far, far more of a risk for national security and the integrity of socioeconomic structure in general than brown people trying to make a living, and I'm not terribly amused at attempts to try to argue the contrary. 

There are good cases for both parties being a risk to those things, I think our country intellectually has been pushing too far left and it has been real unhealthy for dialogue. I'll be here to vote blue when shit goes too far red, don't worry.

  • Upvote (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.