Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

lol these fuckin' posts

Corporatism and dark money manipulation IS "western culture". 

3 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Just gonna assume I'm the only one who actually read the article. 

Allowing non-citizens to participate in a democratic process that affects actual citizens means the country is lost a piece of its sovereignty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Allowing non-citizens to participate in a democratic process that affects actual citizens means the country is lost a piece of its sovereignty.

Those non-citizens pay taxes and have children that go to those schools. They're not allowed to participate in state or federal elections. 

The Democrat motion was a symbol and nothing more. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

40 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Those non-citizens pay taxes and have children that go to those schools. They're not allowed to participate in state or federal elections. 

Pay tax, lol. They are a tax.

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

That's irrelevant, citizenship grants you the right to participate in the democratic process of this country. The democratic party has publicly shown very little concern for keeping the borders of this country closed and little concern for whether or not voters are actual citizens. Why do you want non-citizens to have a say in where this country goes (not assuming your party btw)?

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RVG E Nomini said:

That's irrelevant, citizenship grants you the right to participate in the democratic process of this country. The democratic party has publicly shown very little concern for keeping the borders of this country closed and little concern for whether or not voters are actual citizens. Why do you want non-citizens to have a say in where this country goes (not assuming your party btw)?

They don't have a say in "where this country goes", they have a say in their child's education (that they contribute to) and there is zero that is morally wrong with that. Pragmatically problematic? Maybe. I really have bigger fish to fry. 

If this turns into a voter fraud debate I will bounce for as long as it takes to not have to touch that dumpster fire 

11 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

They don't have a say in "where this country goes", they have a say in their child's education (that they contribute to) and there is zero that is morally wrong with that. Pragmatically problematic? Maybe. I really have bigger fish to fry. 

If this turns into a voter fraud debate I will bounce for as long as it takes to not have to touch that dumpster fire 

Lmao.  They dont contribute shit.  

I do with my tax dollars.   And LOL at u supporting illegals right to vote.   

• Upvote (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

It's not necessarily a moral issue, it's a legal and national issue. Citizens of the US are endowed with the right to determine their country's future and allowing non-citizens to participate undermines that right. I'm not concerned with whether or not you think this problem is significant. It is occurring and will have to be dealt with at some point, especially when you consider that there are tens of millions of non-citizens living in the US, that isn't a negligible amount. 

8 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

So you’re cool with illegals voting at the local level but dont want them to vote on the national level?   I dont get it.  

I don't think the fabric of western Enlightenment as we know it is in imminent freefall because some non-citizens might've voted in schoolboard elections, no. 

Imo, local voting / elections are 10x more important than whos president.   Way to downplay it.   My kid goes to a hispanic run school of 75 students n i am one of 3 people that pays full price 

Pretty sure your local superintendent can't appoint a Supreme Court Justice, but yeah okay. 

13 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Pretty sure your local superintendent can't appoint a Supreme Court Justice, but yeah okay. 

You’re arguing for illegals to vote.   

Might be the dumbest shit ive ever read on this website.   All time tardation.  

You have literally dumped your internal logic for partisan politics.    Good job

9 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

You realize this logic can be used for anything yes? 

"These non-citizens drive on Highways build with federal money, a government they're not allowed to elect" "These non-citizens are protected by the military but can't elect the commander and chief" 

By 2024 liberal states are 100% going to be allowing illegals to vote in congressional and statewide races. 

Governments should be elected by the citizens they serve.

You know we're screwed when believing that Governments should only be beholden to the wishes of its citizens and not just any random that is passing by and happens to be in the country, is a partisan issue. 

Illegal aliens should be allowed to vote - Cursed Lemon 2019

It's true that this vote is entire or almost entirely about optics, however it is tactically stupid. The right has been screaming that Dems want illegal alien voting rights for a while and now this comes along. It's not the full thing, but it could pretty easily be spun that way. They just handed the GOP it's next talking point for no extra charge.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Cypress said:

You’re arguing for illegals to vote.   

Might be the dumbest shit ive ever read on this website.   All time tardation.  

You have literally dumped your internal logic for partisan politics.    Good job

"Local elections are way more important than federal ones."

"Mm yeah not really"

"YOU WANT ILLEGALS TO VOTE NGGGFFFFFFF"

And I'm the hysterical one around here.

10 hours ago, TheDood said:

You realize this logic can be used for anything yes? 

"These non-citizens drive on Highways build with federal money, a government they're not allowed to elect" "These non-citizens are protected by the military but can't elect the commander and chief" 

By 2024 liberal states are 100% going to be allowing illegals to vote in congressional and statewide races. 

Governments should be elected by the citizens they serve.

How are illegal aliens going to vote...

...when they're not registered to.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

How are illegal aliens going to vote...

...when they're not registered to.

driver licenses(California) and fake SSN

Millions of illegals voted for Crooked H in 2016, mainly in California, which is why she won the popular vote.

• Downvote (-1) 1