Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Oregon is great proof that throwing money at schools does not actually improve education.

• Fire (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

Oregon is great proof that throwing money at schools does not actually improve education.

Exactly. The parents always vote for property tax increases for school measures and then cry for rent control when landlords pass it down to them.

Conservatives are ironically hurt the most by conservative policies. The self harm is sad, but funny.

• Downvote (-1) 1

1 hour ago, Niku said:

Conservatives are ironically hurt the most by conservative policies. The self harm is sad, but funny.

You know what's funny? Alexander Downer giving the Clinton Foundation $25 million Australian dollars. I wonder how him being on the board of Huawei is going to pan out... Is he an Aussie Nazi?

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, akaWest said:

You know what's funny? Alexander Downer giving the Clinton Foundation $25 million Australian dollars. I wonder how him being on the board of Huawei is going to pan out... Is he an Aussie Nazi?

There are dozens of conservative Australian politicians embezzled in corruption. It's typical yeah, the liberal party has been pushing for race war really hard in the mainstream media so yeah there are some Nazis about. Too bad it's electoral suicide here in Australia and not a fucking campaign strategy in the US.

Otherwise yeah don't care liberals can all get get hanged for treason for all I care.

Did you guys know that a modern cruise ship gets roughy twelve FEET per gallon on the open seas? That’s about 66,000 gallons of diesel fuel per day. Cruising is also the fastest growing sector of the tourism industry, globally. Oh and the cruise ships are being built bigger and bigger. 

In other words, yea we are fucked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

You think throwing more money at education is going to do anything? Morals and values are gone. Discipline and respect are gone. Opportunity is gone. There is no incentive for these entitled, cell phone zombies. 

I didn't say anything about throwing more money at it.  I said it's a waste of resources... as in current funding, teacher time / pay, student time, classroom time etc.  These kids should be focusing on STEM, not the old testament.  Besides, there's plenty of after school and weekend activities where you can learn about the word of thy lord.  Also, parents should be the ones instilling morals and values, not teachers (just my opinion).

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cypress said:

I didn't say anything about throwing more money at it.  I said it's a waste of resources... as in current funding, teacher time / pay, student time, classroom time etc.  These kids should be focusing on STEM, not the old testament.  Besides, there's plenty of after school and weekend activities where you can learn about the word of thy lord.  Also, parents should be the ones instilling morals and values, not teachers (just my opinion).

I think our k-12 education system needs a complete revamping. Maybe if tax dollars and funding started at the bottom and followed each individual student we'd see better institutions being built. Currently, funding is top down and by the time it reaches the student the education they receive is equal to a fraction of a penny on the dollar.

lol is that "school vouchers" I'm implicitly hearing 

Yes, that money will follow the student right out the door as their school gets bulldozed into a parking lot. 

8 hours ago, Cypress said:

If I don't have the right to fuck up my kids then nobody should.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Comments section is pretty ironic. 

That's usually the best place to find irony.

12 hours ago, gporter said:

Did you guys know that a modern cruise ship gets roughy twelve FEET per gallon on the open seas? That’s about 66,000 gallons of diesel fuel per day. Cruising is also the fastest growing sector of the tourism industry, globally. Oh and the cruise ships are being built bigger and bigger. 

In other words, yea we are fucked. 

Yeah but have you been on a cruise? It's fckn awesome.

DxXp6ohXQAIKsn_.jpg

The ancient forests of my sacred island are dying from record temperatures and uncontrollable fire you brainwashed climate science denying fucks.

I'm probably more conservative in the literal sense of the word than any of you 'conservatives' on this thread.

I'm an Irish Republican, Scottish nationalist, unapologising Brexiteer and Australian Republican. I actually want to preserve and conserve the environment, my people and my communities while you all cheerlead for the oligarchs who are killing all of us slowly and simultaneously blame the weak and the poor for all of life's problems.

Fascism is when private concentrated economic power takes government away from the people, turns government into a guarantor, a subsidizer, a covering of corporate power.

Dtll0eeU8AESVdd.jpg:large

Borneo deforestation. Gilette is a buyer of palm oil from Wilmar. Pretty hypocritical of them to lecture men about toxic masculinity when they are literally profiting off of child slaves and destroying Borneo. Is having child slaves considered toxic masculinity?

They're making endangered tiger species go extinct too. What a great role model for men to aspire to!