Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

What is the highest round you’ve gotten in Zombies?

• Upvote (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gporter said:

What is the highest round you’ve gotten in Zombies?

51, back on world at war splitscreen.  

Why are people posting pictures of people being hanged on a halo forum. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That’s awesome world at war was the shit. 

Can someone post a tutorial on how to use the edit button so Niku can stop spamming. pls.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Ben Shapiro is a rat fuck. 

Facts don't care about your feelings. Is there a conservative out there that you don't loathe entirely?

At least Shapiro isn't a Trump sycophant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

Facts don't care about your feelings 

Just like the feeling that there’s a higher power with 0 facts, go Ben Shapiro go

If you talk fast and prepare yourself with as many “I gotchas” as possible, you too, can be a Shapiro.

*also recommended to be as short as possible for maximum effect

57 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Just like the feeling that there’s a higher power with 0 facts, go Ben Shapiro go

Believing that everything happened for no reason and that the universe suddenly exploded billions of years ago is equally hard for me to believe. 

But I do agree there are no facts to back up a higher power.

2 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

If you talk fast and prepare yourself with as many “I gotchas” as possible, you too, can be a Shapiro.

*also recommended to be as short as possible for maximum effect

He seems to handle debate well. All you guys can do is call him names.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

30 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

Facts don't care about your feelings. Is there a conservative out there that you don't loathe entirely?

At least Shapiro isn't a Trump sycophant.

Ben Shapiro specifically debates intellectual peewees. He has never taken on an actual leader of any academic discipline, because he would get absolutely trucked if he did. He is - like every person out there who makes a living with their mouth - a chickenshit fraud who masturbates furiously to cherrypicked lines in random PDFs from a two-page Google search. 

All political pundits should be dragged out into the street and shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Ben Shapiro specifically debates intellectual peewees. He has never taken on an actual leader of any academic discipline, because he would get absolutely trucked if he did. He is - like every person out there who makes a living with their mouth - a chickenshit upfraud who masturbates furiously to cherrypicked lines in random PDFs from a two-page Google search. 

All political pundits should be dragged out into the street and shot. 

You just went all Niku on us. Political pundits are the arbiters of news. It's just the way people prefer to get it.

Well I don't disagree that I would love to see him debate someone that meets your standards.

Something like this. 

I thought this lady won even though I don't agree with her. 

54 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

He seems to handle debate well. All you guys can do is call him names.

Political debates that Shapiro participates in are measured in how many “I gotcha’s” you can pull on your opponent. If he wanted to actually fact it out i’d focus on his religion and how that relates to his “facts > feelings” slogan and the discussion would be over in 2 minutes. We can go into anything scientifically for that matter and he’d get exposed so fast on many of his political antics.

29 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

Political pundits are the arbiters of news. It's just the way people prefer to get it.

Don't excuse the wolves because of the sheep. 

13 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Don't excuse the wolves because of the sheep. 

It's a consumer driven economy. If we didn't watch they would disappear.

People don't want to think for themselves. They also value entertainment over information. 

32 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Political debates that Shapiro participates in are measured in how many “I gotcha’s” you can pull on your opponent. If he wanted to actually fact it out i’d focus on his religion and how that relates to his “facts > feelings” slogan and the discussion would be over in 2 minutes. We can go into anything scientifically for that matter and he’d get exposed so fast on many of his political antics.

I'm not going to disagree that I've only seen him debate lightweights. But what does his personal religious beliefs have to do with a political debate?

You do know that most Jews are liberal right?

22 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

It's a consumer driven economy. If we didn't watch they would disappear.

People don't want to think for themselves. They also value entertainment over information. 

Hitmen are a consumer-driven business. 

What's your opinion on them? 

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Hitmen are a consumer-driven business. 

What's your opinion on them? 

How many hitmen do you know?

Why conflate murder and political opinion?

The person that hires the Hitman is just as guilty IMO.

...Relevance? 

EDIT: 

The person that hires the Hitman is just as guilty IMO.

Great! 

Political pundits are ideological hitmen. 

48 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

...Relevance? 

EDIT: 

Great! 

Political pundits are ideological hitmen. 

I don't deny that. It's human nature to prefer echo chambers.  Very few people want to listen to an hour of "everything you believe is wrong you dummy." Intellectuals do, because you have to be wrong to learn.

This thread is an anomaly. It's not an echo chamber and that's why I like it. I don't even play Halo anymore. 

Political pundits are 100% harmful and 0% beneficial to society. Their goal is not to explore the issues with a careful, nuanced hand, their goal is to reduce complex topics down into easily digestible, highly polarized soundbytes designed to further destroy the political landscape, not help clarify it. Their job is to be literal human clickbait, a job that would be completely obsolete if they condensed all of their supposed "research" into a singular comprehensive resource - instead, they drone on and on about the same fucking thing, because people pay them to. 

They are opportunistic, trashy wastes of functioning organs. 

EDIT: And before anyone even tries this shit again, Rachael Maddow's stunt with Trump's "tax returns" was pure scum material and Bill Maher is a fucking moron. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

1 hour ago, pharmassists said:

I'm not going to disagree that I've only seen him debate lightweights. But what does his personal religious beliefs have to do with a political debate?

You do know that most Jews are liberal right?

Cool. And their religious beliefs are just as baseless as shapiros 

58 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

Cool. And their religious beliefs are just as baseless as shapiros 

But what does that have to do with a political debate? I haven't seen him debate atheist. He even said arguing from the Bible is a logical fallacy.

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Political pundits are 100% harmful and 0% beneficial to society. Their goal is not to explore the issues with a careful, nuanced hand, their goal is to reduce complex topics down into easily digestible, highly polarized soundbytes designed to further destroy the political landscape, not help clarify it. Their job is to be literal human clickbait, a job that would be completely obsolete if they condensed all of their supposed "research" into a singular comprehensive resource - instead, they drone on and on about the same fucking thing, because people pay them to. 

They are opportunistic, trashy wastes of functioning organs. 

EDIT: And before anyone even tries this shit again, Rachael Maddow's stunt with Trump's "tax returns" was pure scum material and Bill Maher is a fucking moron. 

That's a fair opinion, in fact I think you're right.  But they are still entertaining, and that's why they beat out just the facts, unfortunately.