Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

The irony of being told how to post by a person who 1) can't link stuff properly, and 2) joined a competitive Halo forum to never make a single post outside a political discussion thread. 

Then again, Rick is the only person I ever see outside of OT. So...hey. 

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The irony of being told how to post by a person who 1) can't link stuff properly, and 2) joined a competitive Halo forum to never make a single post outside a political discussion thread. 

Ill have you know I speak in the other parts rather.....slightly frequent. Its just that the current political situation in America is just far more interesting than anything currently happening in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Halo hasn't been competitive for almost a decade, what the fuck is there to talk about?  The same bullshit that ruined this game is the same shit you're peddling IRL. Amazing how you were on the right side of the debate back then but now you fail to correlate the two. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, akaWest said:

Halo hasn't been competitive for almost a decade, what the fuck is there to talk about?  The same bullshit that ruined this game is the same shit you're peddling IRL. Amazing how you were on the right side of the debate back then but now you fail to correlate the two. 

When I first joined Beyond, Lemon was wrecking Halo devs in the Halo forums and by the way he talked, I could have sworn he was a conservative. Also, the "Rush Limbaugh of Halo". Who knew he'd turn out to be a Crooked H supporter? lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

When I first joined Beyond, Lemon was wrecking Halo devs in the Halo forums and by the way he talked, I could have sworn he was a conservative. Also, the "Rush Limbaugh of Halo". Who knew he'd turn out to be a Crooked H supporter? lol

Now he's all about "competition is bad" and "let's give illegals armor lock and bubble sheilds!"

What happened to you CL? Was it the 4chan wedding contest raid? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1 minute ago, akaWest said:

Now he's all about "competition is bad" and "let's give illegals armor lock and bubble sheilds!"

What happened to you CL? Was it the 4chan wedding contest raid? 

He went from telling Frankie that his games are absolute dog shit to "I dream of open borders and open trade". I want the old kick ass Lemon back, not the Trump hating mangina one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, given that Frankie is basically the Donald Trump of 343, an organization dedicated to the shittiest and most self-destructive manifestation of capitalism, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. 

• Fire (+1) 2

The most self destructive form of capitalism would be importing a bunch of illegals to drive down wages and then giving them the right to vote. 

Actually I'm pretty sure it's the lack of separation between bank and state, but Trump supporters seem to have lost that whole house-cleaning narrative since the election. Unsurprisingly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Actually I'm pretty sure it's the lack of separation between bank and state, but Trump supporters seem to have lost that whole house-cleaning narrative since the election. Unsurprisingly. 

Fuck the banks, fuck the establishment! Lets Go! 

Does this man look or sound like he's one of them? These corrupt obstructionist fucks are the only reason shit hasn't been gutted yet. It will be though. Soon!

• Downvote (-1) 1

5 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

We could hang out more if you weren't such a loon!

2 hours ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Well, given that Frankie is basically the Donald Trump of 343, an organization dedicated to the shittiest and most self-destructive manifestation of capitalism, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. 

Are you kidding me? If Trump took over 343, he would declare it a disaster, fire everyone and hire ex Bungie employees and other talented devs under the slogan of "Make Halo Great Again".

I'm thinking bout putting brads selfies on a T shirt with some of his best opinions.  Anyone besides brad interested in one? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, are we really going to go through the whole "Lemon is a leftist shill" thing for the brazilianth time. 

Ask me about border security.

Ask me about economics, taxes, etc.

Ask me about Hillary.

Ask me about immigration.

Come on. I dare you.

I've said FROM THE BEGINNING that I hate that Trump is the one carrying the banner of "draining the swamp" precisely because he's a fuckass who was never going to actually do it.

15 hours ago, Brad Pitt said:

He actually has a brain so no way he’s going republican my friend, and I’m like 99% sure he doesn’t like Hillary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

He actually has a brain so no way he’s going republican my friend, and I’m like 99% sure he doesn’t like Hillary.

lol, you are so gay for lemon.

36 minutes ago, legendaryshotz said:

This post reeks jealously.

Kinda i mean look at you two.  

nd992IK.jpg

• Fire (+1) 2

3 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Wrong. Smart people with logic and common sense are conservative, which is why I'm perplexed that Lemon is a leftist. Of course, nobody is going to admit their support for Crooked H, but when you're constantly spouting vitriol about one candidate and not the other, it's pretty clear who you support.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I "spout vitriol" because nobody actually likes Hillary, therefore I don't have to convince anyone that she's bad (well, revisionism is beginning to set in). 

Trump, meanwhile. 

On 12/27/2018 at 8:58 AM, Cursed Lemon said:

The Dome C and Vostok studies of CO2 are in perfect alignment. 

And then there's Law Dome. 

That's good, that shows consistent results for the same region. Your law dome image was data from dome c, fyi. Here's a composition of vostok and dome c CO2 data overlaying dome c temperature data (it was compiled by a mathematician using the actual data sets from pangaea.de):

1000px-Co2-temperature-records.svg.png

When you read the graph from left to right, you hit large increases in temp followed by large increases in CO2. This is just one chart from one guy using a few datasets so it's by no means conclusive of anything, I just wanted to show you that there's data out there showing temp leading CO2.

Honestly I'm not big on using this data to support an argument either way because I'd rather think about it mechanistically. If you want to posit that there were huge CO2 rises followed by temperature rise, you need mechanism for that CO2 to get into the atmosphere. If you want to posit that CO2 follows temperature, it's easier because we know that CO2 loses solubility in water as temperature increases. The mechanism to increase temperature for a long time has been thought to be milankovich cycles, although there are interesting studies on cosmic ray flux modulating cloud seeding and therefore controlling interglacials (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/jcli/2014/345482/). You have more to explain if you want the temperature increase to be due to CO2, so it seems to be a tougher route to take (not saying it can't be done). There's already good reason to believe climate can have a high sensitivity to solar output (which makes sense): http://science.sciencemag.org/content/294/5549/2130

I dunno man, this topic is tough. It's hard to find good stuff because searches are polluted with skeptic and anti-skeptic blogs. What I want to stress is that this stuff isn't done, the research isn't done, discoveries aren't done. It's still an ongoing investigation. That's why I don't take sides and that's why I am not confident to ring alarm bells.

The Earth normally takes millennia to heat up, not a hundred years. I don't know how much more sensitive it can get than that. The weatherman can be wrong about it raining today, that doesn't mean meteorology has failed us as a science. It also makes less than no sense to assert this because you are now completely at a loss as to explaining past climate changes, because as far as we're aware the Earth is less sensitive to other forms of climate influence (e.g. solar events, volcanic eruptions) than it is to CO2. There would literally have to be a massive asteroid impact at every single regular interval to explain the climate data we have.

Well I disagree with you that Earth is more sensitive to CO2 than solar events, although it depends on what you mean by solar events. If you're talking crazy solar flares then sure I agree, because those are very rare. I also disagree with your first sentence, the earth fluctuates up and down in temperature all the time and the recent rate of upward trend is only unprecedented over the last century or so. Data back to the land before time don't have the resolution to rule out similar rates of increase.

No one has ever insinuated that the climate is (normally) exclusively controlled by CO2. But this is like saying that no one can possibly die of ingesting poison because there are just "too many other things going on in the body metabolically for that one thing to have such a dramatic impact". As it turns out, if you drink enough water, you die - it's a lot, but you can do it. Just like it takes a lot of CO2 to make a difference, but we're trying our damn hardest.

Actually lots of people do. They say global mean temp has increased, CO2 concentration has increased, CO2 is a greenhouse gas, therefore CO2 increased the global mean temp. That's why you only ever hear about CO2 going up and global mean temp going up, as if there are no other factors at play, and the whole solution is reducing CO2, as if that's the knob to reduce global mean temp. Global climate can't be distilled to those fundamental pieces.