General Politics Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Racism - Check

Koch - Check

Nazi - Check

Republicans bad - Check

Fox News - Nope

Multiple posts instead of one multi-reply - Check

Niku, you are not hitting all of your talking points.  Time to step up your game.

Funny, I'm not bringing up any of these topics. Really cute propaganda technique you got going there. If you go back a few pages, Brad Pitt and akawest are clearly the ones ranting about race, and citing Koch studies blaming all of life's problems on immigrants.

I was calling you all dumb cunts on gun laws because you shoot each other every day. I'd like to stay on that topic, but race is all you freaks can talk about. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Just now, Niku said:

Funny, I'm not bringing up any of these topics. Really cute propaganda technique you got going there. If you go back a few pages, Brad Pitt and akawest are clearly the ones ranting about race, and citing Koch studies blaming all of life's problems on immigrants.

I was calling you all dumb cunts on gun laws because you shoot each other every day. I'd like to stay on that topic, but race is all you freaks can talk about. 

Funny, I read you talking about Nazis, Republicans being bad, the Koch brothers and racism.

I understand that the bullshit you spew is just that, bullshit, but I didn't think your eyes were so brown you couldn't read what you were typing.

You are robotic to an almost impressive level.  Replying exactly as your Gods want you to.

• Salt (-1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Funny, I read you talking about Nazis, Republicans being bad, the Koch brothers and racism.

I understand that the bullshit you spew is just that, bullshit, but I didn't think your eyes were so brown you couldn't read what you were typing.

You are robotic to an almost impressive level.  Replying exactly as your Gods want you to.

Oh right, we're doing the conservative dumbfuck game. Are you trolling or actually a dumbfuck? I admit it's very easy for conservatives to troll because they can hide among a sea of other dumbfucks.

Literally all you spew is bullshit. You have no arguments. You have Trump's cock so far up your ass that all you can do is defend Nazi posts. What drove you to this state of mind in life? Daddy died? Illegitimate child? Why do you place Trump as your surrogate daddy you broken man child?

Did you know that Trump supporters are more likely to be pedophiles? There's plenty of Nazi and pedo apologia there I'm sure if we dug deeper we could get some statistics going. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Nazi - Check

Republicans bad - Check

Ad Hominem attacks - Check

You are doing great, keep it up!

• Salt (-1) 1

The truth is, these motherfuckers want a white American ethnostate and all of the brown people to do all the work, not in the fields , that's too personal and might garner sympathy for them. They want them out of the country altogether and contributing to their slave production line across a militarized border.

There are motherfuckers in this thread that are Nazi sympathizers through and through. If you post Nazi arguments, if you sympathize with Nazi think tanks, if it walks like a goose and talks like a goose. You can't be that fucking ignorant.

• Thonking (+0) 1

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nazi - Check

Republicans bad - Check

Ad Hominem attacks - Check

You are doing great, keep it up!

When your morals are so depraved that you sympathize with border force who murdered a small child, it is only a small step from excusing and endorsing raping children. I mean you've enslaved them from over the border, you got a big military stopping them from leaving the hellhole that the CIA created. Why not rape the little kids a bit before they die?

How far are you evil Trump fuckers willing to go? It's beyond fucked up that you're in glee that millions of people see you as a fascist monster. You're not even a real human. Just vile human garbage. 

• Thonking (+0) 1

12 minutes ago, Niku said:

When your morals are so depraved that you sympathize with border force who murdered a small child, it is only a small step from excusing and endorsing raping children. I mean you've enslaved them from over the border, you got a big military stopping them from leaving the hellhole that the CIA created. Why not rape the little kids a bit before they die?

How far are you evil Trump fuckers willing to go? It's beyond fucked up that you're in glee that millions of people see you as a fascist monster. You're not even a real human. Just vile human garbage. 

Must be nice to live on a secluded island with 92% white population with no illegals, refugees, or H1/H2 visa immigrants there to do Australian jobs. Who are you to tell us how OUR country should be ran or about border security? You remind me of Hollywood stars preaching morality while living in their secluded mansions up in the hills. You're just like them in that you haven't experienced real world America. Fuck, I can barely tolerate going to Winco or Costco. 

And about Trump. I'm proud for him. Finally, someone has stepped up to tackle the two biggest issues in America: bad trade deals and illegal immigration. 

"Vile human garbage"....you know that's how we feel about you too, right?

Last time I checked I was an American and this IS my country so let me tell you how I feel:

Shut the fuck up you white nationalist shitbag.  

-A white dude from the coastal elite bubble of Bumfuck, Nebraska

• Salt (-1) 1

Trump ends Hemp prohibition 

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/marijuana/2018/12/20/hemp-officially-legalized-with-president-trump-signature-farm-bill/aKmNr3iS2AVJuRUbLPnz6I/story.html

Catch and release OVER

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6516941/U-S-send-migrants-Mexico-wait-asylum-requests.html

$5 billion for border security

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/house-passes-stopgap-funding-bill-5-billion-trump-s-border-n950666

Drawdown troops in Afghanistan/Complete pullout of troops in Syria

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/12/trump-planning-troop-withdrawal-afghanistan-181221024610726.html

Prison reform

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/how-trump-unexpectedly-garnered-bipartisan-support-criminal-justice-reform-n949706

Urban revitalization

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/12/trump-sign-executive-order-opportunity-zones/

All in a weeks work. Not too bad for an Orange Dummy. Trump is flossing on you pussies even on hard mode. Just wait, it's only going to get better.

Go fuck yourself Niku. If CNN and Media Matters had a child you'd be it. Your talking points get old... probably because they're force fed to us by a million different outlets already. You might think you're fighting the good fight but in reality you're just a brainwashed establishment shill who spends way too much time on reddit.

Peace in the Middle East!

Ps if you haven't donated already feel free to do so in Niku's honor 

https://ca.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pulling out of Syria

Ending catch-and-release

Not good

Funding for border wall

Not passing

Urban revitalization

Headed by Ben Carson

lmfao

Ends hemp prohibition

Prison reform

Bipartisan bills

On 12/18/2018 at 2:03 AM, Ramirez77 said:

Extreme no, disingenuous yes.

Just the same zero sum and strawmanned positions I've seen countless times before.

Banning guns doesn't eliminate gun crime just like speeding limits don't eliminate crashes. They do, at least in theory, reduce the frequency. And don't give me good guy with a gun because those instances are rare in reality.

Only a minority want to ban ALL guns...which would be pretty much impossible at this point. Confiscating, banning the sale and manufacture of specific kinds of guns though...much more achievable.

If some random dude breaks in, steals your guns and commits crimes with them no you shouldn't be held accountable. You had nothing to do with it. If it's your son living with you or something though then yeah you are arguably accountable to a certain extent for letting it happen.

I know the theory, I'm just saying it's impossible at this point to ban firearms in the US without a lot of people dying, a lot of money being spent, or using guns to enforce the ban. You seem to agree with this.

Sure, it's a small number of people who want to ban all guns. But, there's a large number of people motivated to fix gun violence who know nothing about firearms and you could easily talk them into wanting to ban any semi-automatic firearm, as they've been the most deadly type in all the recent mass-shootings.

You said confiscating or banning sale and manufacture of specific kinds of guns. Which kinds do you want confiscated or banned and why?

On 12/19/2018 at 3:43 PM, Cypress said:

Do you have to go through that process for each individual firearm?  I am assuming so...

I have to pass a BG check with every firearm purchase but we do it in the actual gun shop / store.  There is no interaction at the local police station, unless I am trying to get a CCW, in which case, I need to pass an actual class test / course, register with the sheriff, pay dues, receive another BG check (more extensive) and wait for approval (which is somewhat under the personal judgement of my local sheriff).

As for the mental health aspect.  I think some level of ability (by the FBI) to review a person's personal medical background before purchasing a weapon isn't a terrible idea.  In alot of the mass shootings that we have seen in the past 10 years or so, I believe a substantial portion of the shooters purchased the weapons within a fairly close time frame to the actual shooting and those particular shooters (if not all of them lol) were also on some heavy mental meds.  I realize there's solid arguments on both sides about this issue. 

Another item to note is the police and FBI's unwillingness (or maybe lack of resources) in investigating potential shooters beforehand.  I've read countless times that these shooters show early signs through social media posts, family members providing FBI with warnings, friends at school etc. that all go un-checked.  We need to treat warning signs, threats etc. with stiff investigation and consequences imo.  Maybe allowing the FBI access to better statistics would help the matter.  I dont know...

No, once you have a CPL it's good for I think 5 years and certifies you've done background checks, so just one time and you can buy whatever whenever as long as you present the license with your driver's license (you still have to do a little paperwork before the transaction takes place, usually no more than 10-20 mins). Our states sound very similar.

I don't know to what degree the government considers your medicinal history alongside your behavioral history. All I know is I wouldn't want to be that guy who has to draw the line at, say, 30 pills per month of whatever med is fine but 31 pills per month disqualifies that person from passing. Like you said, there has been some kind of correlation with horrific mass shootings and the shooters being on things like SSRI's. I don't know how good the data is but I've at least heard about it.

You're right the FBI should probably pursue early warning signs more strongly (though I doubt anyone in the general public knows how many shootings they prevent annually already). Unfortunately I'm extremely ignorant as to how they do their work already, from diagnosis to remedy, so I'm unable to comment further on that.

On 12/19/2018 at 9:37 PM, Niku said:

blacks who have been institutionally shit on by white America

Which policies in particular are you speaking about here?

22 hours ago, legendaryshotz said:

Genetics? Oh boy here we go. This is going to lead down a race IQ argument which has been debunked so many times. Nope nope nope.

I'm aware that studies exist on that kind of thing and I've heard from people in the psychology field that IQ tests are very good predictors of cognitive function. Have IQ test been debunked or those studies in particular? Could you link me to any papers? I'm not very versed in this topic. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Ramirez77 said:

Shut the fuck up you white nationalist shitbag.  

I've seen that used as an insult before to insinuate racism but it's kind of odd because I don't think anyone would call Japanese nationalists racist because they want the citizens of their country to remain distinctly Japanese. Maybe they are, I don't know. What's your opinion?

35 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Not good

Why should we stay in Syria and why is catch-and-release a good policy? I haven't really seen any solid pro-arguments lately so I'm hoping you have some.

2 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

Why should we stay in Syria and why is catch-and-release a good policy? I haven't really seen any solid pro-arguments lately so I'm hoping you have some.

Not immediately deporting asylum seekers is, I hope, self-evident. 

I don't want to be in Syria anymore than anyone else but backing out right now is not only a gift-wrapped kowtowing to Putin, but it allows ISIS to flourish again. Last time I checked, Republicans were at least against the latter. 

10 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

I don't want to be in Syria anymore than anyone else but backing out right now is not only a gift-wrapped kowtowing to Putin, but it allows ISIS to flourish again. Last time I checked, Republicans were at least against the latter. 

They still are. Every major conservative I follow like Shapiro and Jonah Golberg think it's a terrible idea to pull out. Also hypocritical because Trump critized Obama for creating a power vaccume by withdrawal from Iraq. Now he is doing the same thing.

16 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

Last I heard, ISIS was contained to a few thousand boots on the ground within a small city surrounded by Kurds.  The SDF are more than capable of finishing them off.  You're right though...  might be a bit pre-mature to wave the victory flag.

29 minutes ago, RVG E Nomini said:

I don't know to what degree the government considers your medicinal history alongside your behavioral history. All I know is I wouldn't want to be that guy who has to draw the line at, say, 30 pills per month of whatever med is fine but 31 pills per month disqualifies that person from passing. Like you said, there has been some kind of correlation with horrific mass shootings and the shooters being on things like SSRI's. I don't know how good the data is but I've at least heard about it.

Prob. a good question for Pharmascist.

29 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

They still are. Every major conservative I follow like Shapiro and Jonah Golberg think it's a terrible idea to pull out. Also hypocritical because Trump critized Obama for creating a power vaccume by withdrawal from Iraq. Now he is doing the same thing.

Shapiro and Golberg are simply watching out for Israel's special interest. Peace in the Middle East allows pipelines to be built which bypass Israels stranglehold on oil that gets shipped to India and South Asia via Red Sea/Indian Ocean. Anyone who supports Israel hates that Trump is pulling out. 

Destabilization forced those routes and is why we were there in the first place. 

Here's a quick video from 2012 by Ryan Dawson. It gives a great rundown 

9 minutes ago, akaWest said:

Shapiro and Golberg are simply watching out for Israel's special interest. Peace in the Middle East allows pipelines to be built which bypass Israels stranglehold on oil that gets shipped to India and South Asia via Red Sea/Indian Ocean. Anyone who supports Israel hates that Trump is pulling out. 

Destabilization forced those routes and is why we were there in the first place. 

I don't really have an opinion on the matter just pointing out Trump's decision isn't a conservative decision.

1 minute ago, pharmassists said:

I don't really have an opinion on the matter just pointing out Trump's decision isn't a conservative decision.

What if I told you he's not really a conservative? He plays one for negotiation purposes in order to hopefully meet in the middle somewhere. 

49 minutes ago, Cypress said:

Prob. a good question for Pharmascist.

It wouldn't be based on quantity or milligrams or drug IMO. It's better left to a psychiatrist with the option to appeal to a secondary psychiatrist if one of them does label you unfit to own a weapon. ( Because not every drug is used for the same indication).

I do believe every mass shooter was on an SSRI. But not every person on an SSRI is a mass shooter. And considering a huge % of our population takes an SSRI without killing people, maybe don't use that as marker. I think there is definitely a link because there is a black box warning for suicide on every SSRI. If a drug can make you kill yourself when otherwise you wouldn't, it certainly could make you kill other people.

• Upvote (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, akaWest said:

What if I told you he's not really a conservative? He plays one for negotiation purposes in order to hopefully meet in the middle somewhere. 

I deffffffinately don't think he is a conservative.

4 minutes ago, pharmassists said:

I deffffffinately don't think he is a conservative.

Good, you're smarter than the average bear. 

56 minutes ago, Cursed Lemon said:

The Kurds are going to get fucked by Turkey. 

Sounds like we are talking about Christmas dinner.