Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Americans have undoubtedly become lazy compared to generations past. But that's my opinion.

Saying immigrants are only freeloading is just as silly as saying all immigrants work hard. We have to use statistics if we want to generalize.

I would say, don't be so quick to discount other American's worth ethic. You're an American and I know you're not lazy. I'm American and as far from lazy as you can get. Politics aside, I'm betting that none of the active forum users here are lazy. So, why the negative assumption of American's in general that they're lazy? Is it media propaganda or what? I believe that Americans, on the whole, are the hardest, most innovative workers in the world. Our #1 economy in the world proves that. 

The immigrants that we have today are only here because of what real Americans have built. If brilliant Europeans never came here and built the greatest economy of all time, none of the 3rd worlders would have incentive to come here. It is fact that they are here to take advantage of the foundation in place, built by real Americans.

My main issues with immigration are over population, inflation, and taking away opportunities that should be there for real Americans and for future generations of real Americans. I believe our country is tapped out as it is. With traffic congestion, schools flooded, housing costs, health insurance, and rampant inflation in general, do we really want to keep adding to the shit? You ever sit there, stuck in traffic, and think "God damn, I wish we could have more people come to America"?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Americans aren't lazy. They're living in a dead-end service sector economy because 1) all new tech is automated, and 2) labor is dirt cheap, so they are starting to collectively not give a shit anymore. 

The whole "every man an entrepreneur" shtick is not and never will be a thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gun control is a good example of policies pushing too far left. This is in my home state:

https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_Initiative_1639,_Changes_to_Gun_Ownership_and_Purchase_Requirements_Measure_(2018)

This was passed a month ago. Read it and tell me the new storage requirements make any sense from a centrist position. I could become a class c felon (up to five years in prison and $10,000 in fines in WA) if a stranger who by law is not allowed to own firearms, breaks into my house, steals a firearm, and commits a crime with it. The only methods available to store firearms so that they're inaccessible and unusable to criminals who break in makes them inaccessible and unusable to the owner during an emergency, such as when a criminal has broken into their home to steal their firearms. There's more garbage in the bill but that stands out. It got passed thanks mostly to the democratic voters in the state. If you know anything about seattle you know it's by far the largest city and is nowhere near centrist, it gets more and more left every year.

I'll start you there and see how your brain registers stuff.

Gun control is a mainstream position enacted by every civilized nation on earth. America is the only country that doesn't have control. You are the one pushing extremist policies. You are the extremist. You think sensible gun control is 'far-left' because you and LESS than half of America are extremists.

Americans have undoubtedly become lazy compared to generations past. But that's my opinion.

Saying immigrants are only freeloading is just as silly as saying all immigrants work hard. We have to use statistics if we want to generalize.

No this not true. Immigrants work harder because they generally have to create more with less. Third World nations are forced to be extremely resourceful while developed nations are extremely wasteful. 

I have no problems with immigrants.  Hell, my own Mother is an immigrant.

I do have a problem with illegal immigrants.  My Mom went through the proper channels, has a permanent residency, pays taxes and has never been in trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gun control is a mainstream position enacted by every civilized nation on earth. America is the only country that doesn't have control. You are the one pushing extremist policies. You are the extremist. You think sensible gun control is 'far-left' because you and LESS than half of America are extremists.

You know who else had gun control?  Nazi Germany.

You don't want to be a Nazi, do you?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

You know who else had gun control?  Nazi Germany.

You don't want to be a Nazi, do you?

You're a moron. Nazi Germany proliferated gun ownership. Aggressively. They fetishized firearms. The fanatical obsession with weapons of war was intrinsic to their ideology.

The Trump heartland is the only large modern day example (outside of small extremist groups) of such a fanatical obsession with firearms who fantasize about 'shooting liberals' or communists or whatever.

You didn't read the bill and you don't know my stance on gun control, only that I think the bill goes too far. This pattern of you knowing my stance on issues without me stating them is getting old. Find a new trick.

You're a moron.

*Gasp*

You're going to call me names on my Birthday?

I thought we were closer than that!

You didn't read the bill and you don't know my stance on gun control, only that I think the bill goes too far. This pattern of you knowing my stance on issues without me stating them is getting old. Find a new trick.

You MAGA chuds are all literal clones, if you're calling any reform on American gun laws AS IS to be considered 'far-left' despite the fact that the entire modern world has gun control meaning most people can't have access to guns, you are by definition an EXTREMIST.

You and your country aren't normal people.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You MAGA chuds are all literal clones, if you're calling any reform on American gun laws AS IS to be considered 'far-left' despite the fact that the entire modern world has gun control meaning most people can't have access to guns, you are by definition an EXTREMIST.

Cool, leave us alone then

If it weren't for crocodile Dundee people wouldn't know anything about your shit country. How does it feel knowing an Aussie redneck is your Jesus?

• Upvote (+1) 1

A 2017 survey conducted by the Pew Research Center showed only 29% of Australians had confidence in current US leader President Donald Trump, in contrast to the 87% who had confidence in former US president, Barack Obama.[8] It also showed 70% of Australians had no confidence in the current US president.[9] The annual Lowy Institute survey revealed that in 2018 only 55% of Australians believed that the US could act responsibly in the world.[10] This was a drop from 83% in 2011 and a record low.[10] The survey also revealed that 70% of Australians don't think that Donald Trump could act responsibly with only 30% believing he could do so.[10]

Sounds like everyone in the land down under thinks like Niku. I've always wanted to visit, have you been to New Zealand? I want to go there and just pretend I'm in the middle of a LOTR movie, or Game of Thrones. Epic country! 

I read this somewhere.

"Listen, you fantastically ******** motherfucker. I’m going to try to explain this so that you can understand it.

You cannot control an entire country and its people with tanks, jets, battleships and drones or any of these things that you so stupidly believe trumps citizen ownership of firearms.

A fighter jet, tank, drone, battleship or whatever cannot stand on street corners. And enforce “no assembly” edicts. A fighter jet cannot kick down your door at 3AM and search your house for contraband.

None of these things can maintain the needed police state to completely subjugate and enslave the people of a nation. Those weapons are for decimating, flattening and glassing large areas and many people at once and fighting other state militaries. The government does not want to kill all of its people and blow up its own infrastructure. These are the very things they need to be tyrannical assholes in the first place. If they decided to turn everything outside of Washington D.C. into glowing green glass they would be the absolute rulers of a big, worthless, radioactive pile of shit.

Police are needed to maintain a police state, boots on the ground. And no matter how many police you have on the ground they will always be vastly outnumbered by civilians which is why in a police state it is vital that your police have automatic weapons while the people have nothing but their limp dicks.

BUT when every random pedestrian could have a Glock in their waistband and every random homeowner an AR-15 all of that goes out the fucking window because now the police are out numbered and face the reality of bullets coming back at them.

If you want living examples of this look at every insurgency that the U.S. military has tried to destroy. They’re all still kicking with nothing but AK-47s, pick up trucks and improvised explosives because these big scary military monsters you keep alluding to are all but fucking useless for dealing with them.

Dumb. Fuck."

• Upvote (+1) 1

The US has had gun control for a long time and it's always changing. Only recently are draconian laws getting passed because of overwhelming pressure from the democratic party. So, you don't even know our gun control laws in this country, but I'm extreme because I think they're beginning to go too far. Makes sense...

No this not true. Immigrants work harder because they generally have to create more with less. Third World nations are forced to be extremely resourceful while developed nations are extremely wasteful.

That's what I said...

The US has had gun control for a long time and it's always changing. Only recently are draconian laws getting passed because of overwhelming pressure from the democratic party. So, you don't even know our gun control laws in this country, but I'm extreme because I think they're beginning to go too far. Makes sense...

Yeah by ordinary civilized society standards yeah you are extreme.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I read this somewhere.

"Listen, you fantastically ******** motherfucker. I’m going to try to explain this so that you can understand it.

You cannot control an entire country and its people with tanks, jets, battleships and drones or any of these things that you so stupidly believe trumps citizen ownership of firearms.

A fighter jet, tank, drone, battleship or whatever cannot stand on street corners. And enforce “no assembly” edicts. A fighter jet cannot kick down your door at 3AM and search your house for contraband.

None of these things can maintain the needed police state to completely subjugate and enslave the people of a nation. Those weapons are for decimating, flattening and glassing large areas and many people at once and fighting other state militaries. The government does not want to kill all of its people and blow up its own infrastructure. These are the very things they need to be tyrannical assholes in the first place. If they decided to turn everything outside of Washington D.C. into glowing green glass they would be the absolute rulers of a big, worthless, radioactive pile of shit.

Police are needed to maintain a police state, boots on the ground. And no matter how many police you have on the ground they will always be vastly outnumbered by civilians which is why in a police state it is vital that your police have automatic weapons while the people have nothing but their limp dicks.

BUT when every random pedestrian could have a Glock in their waistband and every random homeowner an AR-15 all of that goes out the fucking window because now the police are out numbered and face the reality of bullets coming back at them.

If you want living examples of this look at every insurgency that the U.S. military has tried to destroy. They’re all still kicking with nothing but AK-47s, pick up trucks and improvised explosives because these big scary military monsters you keep alluding to are all but fucking useless for dealing with them.

Dumb. Fuck."

Every modern authoritarian regime has slipped toward tyranny without firing a single bullet. You Americans are fucking moronic and have no understanding of how tyranny operates, how it begins and how it sustains itself. That is why your society is so fragile.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You should really stop using “you Americans are fucking moronic and have no understanding” in a sentence.

Australia is just some place the British went after we kicked their ass and sent them packing. You’re beneath us in every single way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every modern authoritarian regime has slipped toward tyranny without firing a single bullet. You Americans are fucking moronic and have no understanding of how tyranny operates, how it begins and how it sustains itself. That is why your society is so fragile.

Gun Control is inherently authoritarian.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gun Control is inherently authoritarian.

Your country is a nonstop warzone lol, whatever you reap what you sow, enjoy your future of fascism.

War is peace

Freedom is slavery

Ignorance is strength

Your country is a nonstop warzone lol, whatever you reap what you sow, enjoy your future of fascism.

Only the cities. And in european cities you get knife, machete, and acid attacks.