Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

The housing market would skyrocket without them building houses.

You're out of touch with the housing market. It's been skyrocketing for the past 6-7 years, mainly due to over population, inflation, low interest rates and 30 year loans. BTW, if 3rd worlders are building most of the newer houses, they're doing a terrible job of it. They're cutting every corner in the book. Paper thin walls and doors made out of cardboard, what a joke compared to the quality build of older homes.

I'm a scholar of fascism, you absolute dumb fuck. 

More like you're the scholar of anarchy. You dream of higher taxes, hyper inflation, higher crime rate, flooded schools, more congestion and the bankruptcy of this country. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'm a scholar of fascism, you absolute dumb fuck. 

A self proclaimed scholar who doesn't know a damn thing about fascism.  You can't make this stuff up.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Trying to imagine giving this much of a fuck about what the Australian government does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not lack of sympathy. It's "I don't want these 3rd worlders coming here and turning my country into the same ghetto they came from" and "I don't want my tax dollars to subsidize their children, healthcare and everything else". If they don't want their kids to live tough lives, I have a simple solution for them: don't have fucking kids, dummies. The girl's parents are 100% to blame. They took the risk and paid the ultimate price.

Is this you?

More like you're the scholar of anarchy. You dream of higher taxes, hyper inflation, higher crime rate, flooded schools, more congestion and the bankruptcy of this country. 

Another theme of fascist 'eliminationism' is the belief that their enemies are beyond the pale, the embodiment of evil and all that is bad. Thus unfit for participation in society and thus in need of elimination.

You may as well have condensed your sentence and simply called me the bad guy.

Dude...it's the Presidency, the executor of the most powerful country in the world. Far, far before we need someone "real", we need someone who isn't a complete mental cripple. Sweet actual Jesus.

Spelling some words wrong (including some likely done on purpose) doesn't qualify anyone as a mental cripple. You don't like the guy and that's fine.

Again, the Democratic party - not voters, but the politicians - have been exceedingly centrist for the past couple of decades, epitomized no more strongly through Hillary Clinton who is cozy with Wall Street and decidedly hawkish. Faced with the choice between her and Trump, a Republican (that is to say, a person who allies with the supposed party of Christian values and bootstraps) choosing Trump is an unambiguous broadcasting of shitty ulterior motives that have less than nothing to do with policy. As far as anti-intellectualism on both sides, there is a massive difference between being mistaken on some things, or even a lot of things, and eschewing the entire concept of being learned. Which side constantly rails against the "academic elite", again?

The democratic party has begun to depart from centrism. The signal-to-noise ratio of demand for far-left policies is too high these days to make the claim that the party is centrist. Surely most voters are loyal to their parties but I know many who abandoned the democratic party because the policies have been getting too extreme, which only leaves the repub ticket because voting otherwise is pointless. I don't think it has much to do with shitty ulterior motives. A lot of the outcry against the academic elite is due to liberal group-think overrunning the universities in this country (and many others), where asking questions or having a different opinion gets you labeled a racist xenophobic mysognist homophobe. They've earned the outcry against themselves, imo.

For Trump being a hypocrite himself, well you could take a walk through /r/TrumpCriticizesTrump or look at certain things like Trump pretending to care about LGBT causes and then making Mike "Christian Sharia" Pence his VP and passing various anti-LGBT pieces of legislation, and as far as this administration being transparent, well this literally just happened, making that the seventh conviction - not indictment, but conviction - of the Trump administration so far (bonus: conservative media is complicit).

So name the anti-lgbt policy Trump has passed. I'm talking about action, not optics. For the record, can you name anything Cohen got convicted of that had something to do with Trump? I'm pretty sure it was all stuff in his past before Trump was elected but I could be wrong.

I'm not here to defend the DNC. As far as Republicans, they're anti-LGBT, pro-corporatist, and anti-environment. There's three things off the top of my head. 

If I need to actually list examples to convince anyone of this, I'm going to call bad-faith and politely make my exit. I'd sooner spend my time explaining radiometric dating to creationists.

I asked for 3 examples of specific policy. I'm not aware of anything anti-lgbt, I don't think pro-corporatist is inherently immoral, so that leaves you with anti-environment which is morally ambiguous at best (sorry, I'm not concerned with saving every tree, fish, or habitat).

I don't know, maybe things like when an actual Nazi runs over a protester and kills her, and Trump says "there are good people on both sides".

In an interview where he condemned the act and the bigotry on display, said there's blame on both sides, and said there were people who weren't neo-nazis which he was obviously referring to with his statement? I don't see how his words embolden nazis here. Got anything else?

Explain why net neutrality was axed with 83% of people were for it. 

Surely...surely it wasn't the $80-100 million telecom lobby that was responsible.

Honestly, net neutrality isn't a simple issue, at all, there's too much shit attached either way and even experts (and inventors, mind you) weren't sure what should be done. Maybe they were bought and paid for by the telecom lobby but I looked into the issue when it was a hot topic and it is way more convoluted than just saying, "sure the net should be neutral so we don't get charges on top of charges. You could be right that it's evil but I wasn't able to elucidate that conclusion.

My issue with your statement is that it's a blanket claim and I know you have a more nuanced mind than you're conveying. I'm a man concerned with details and specificity. That's all. I know we have common ground on a lot of stuff and I know you have a great deal of knowledge on a lot of things, that's why I'm interested in your reasoning moreso than your general opinions.

Getting rid of net neutrality is 100% evil and is going to make you pay more for internet guarenteed.

These telecom companies already abused their power and throttled competition such as netflix and other streaming services. They're already going to a utility-based model where after a certain amount of GB used they're charging you extra (recently happened in my neighborhood, what was unlimited now has turned into 1TB/month and after that each 50GB = 10$ free money for comcast). 1TB isn't alot at all and in the near future with 4k on the horizon is going to be a complete joke to stream without getting whaled with extra fees.

You're already starting to see Sprint, T-Mobile, etc. offer "exclusive" GB unrestricted bandwidth streaming of only certain comodities, like for instance Sprint with Hulu. Sure you could watch Netflix on Sprint's network but is it throttled to some extent? Probably. But oh look Hulu isn't throttled at all and loads perfectly! Strange how that works when they have exclusivity rights. None of this can occur under net neutrality legally and if caught FCC brings down the hammer.

So yeah, it's going to suck. Sending a KB through the fiber cables cost so fucking little that it's highway robbery trying to make it a utility like water to try to charge you for what you use.

Republicans are modern day Nazis. Fox News is basically Der Stürmer

Another theme of fascist 'eliminationism' is the belief that their enemies are beyond the pale, the embodiment of evil and all that is bad. Thus unfit for participation in society and thus in need of elimination.

You may as well have condensed your sentence and simply called me the bad guy.

/thread

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe instead of thinking they're entitled to the fruits of others labor, they should do something to improve their own country and improve their situation. European settlers came here and built this country from the ground up through blood, sweat, and tears!

Remember when the Europeans came here and tricked the indigenous natives into cultural suicide by giving them small pox laced blankets as a gift, which in turn decimated local populations who simply had no idea about this insane super disease they'd never been exposed to. Like, yeah, they built up the country, after committing essential genocide on the people who'd lived here for hundreds, maybe thousands of years before we even knew it existed, lol.

Nobody remembers that, sweetheart.  Everyone from that time is long since dead.

Asylum seekers didn't murder the child. Border force did.

How did border patrol induce dehydration, septic shock and a 105.7 degree temperature which culminated in the death of the girl in a matter of a few hours?

• Upvote (+1) 1

/thread

In an interview where he condemned the act and the bigotry on display, said there's blame on both sides, and said there were people who weren't neo-nazis which he was obviously referring to with his statement? I don't see how his words embolden nazis here. Got anything else?

Everyone on the left knew that Trump is emboldening Nazis and everyone on the left knows that Nazis know that Trump is on their side (other than him refusing to outright murder Jewish people).

Nazis at the Daily Stormer literally admit they are emboldened by Trump and that they love him.

There is a historic word for Nazi apologia. We don't use it too much. It's called Nazi sympathizer.

How did border patrol induce dehydration, septic shock and a 105.7 degree temperature which culminated in the death of the girl in a matter of a few hours?

By denying them water, you sick fiend.

/thread

You will not replace us!

Sieg Heil you ugly shit head. The difference between someone calling a Nazi evil and a Nazi calling anyone else evil is that only one is correct.

Tucker Carlson and that Laura Ingraham are Nazis. Deny it all you want, the Daily Stormer loves Tucker. he is /their guy/

The democratic party has begun to depart from centrism. The signal-to-noise ratio of demand for far-left policies is too high these days to make the claim that the party is centrist. Surely most voters are loyal to their parties but I know many who abandoned the democratic party because the policies have been getting too extreme, which only leaves the repub ticket because voting otherwise is pointless. I don't think it has much to do with shitty ulterior motives. A lot of the outcry against the academic elite is due to liberal group-think overrunning the universities in this country (and many others), where asking questions or having a different opinion gets you labeled a racist xenophobic mysognist homophobe. They've earned the outcry against themselves, imo.

Gotta back it up with some examples bro. 'Far-left policies'.

You mean pro population pro worker policies? Those  ones? Universal prosperity? Jobs for all? Leaving no man, woman or child without healthcare? Those evil 'extreme' policies? You're a joke.

You're the loser, illegal alien advocate. Trump has made it loud and clear that they are not welcome. They are coming here at their own peril. 

Yeah, fuckin kill the little innocent children MAGA.

Replace Trump supporters with asylum seekers.

I would love to see them replaced. 

I hate these 3rd world Italians and Irish coming into this country and ghettoizing our great country that we've made.

- Brad Pitt in 1900

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember when the Europeans came here and tricked the indigenous natives into cultural suicide by giving them small pox laced blankets as a gift, which in turn decimated local populations who simply had no idea about this insane super disease they'd never been exposed to. Like, yeah, they built up the country, after committing essential genocide on the people who'd lived here for hundreds, maybe thousands of years before we even knew it existed, lol.

Not maybe, definitely thousands of years. The land near where I live now was occupied by the Timacua tribe, the estimation is that the indigenous people were here some twelve thousand years prior to European settlers arrival. They also introduced diseases to the Europeans, ever heard of syphilis? There is strong evidence to suggest its presence was here prior to the European settlers arrival. With that said, they were mostly savages, and did not have any interest in forming a single political unit, and ultimately that was their downfall.

Replace Trump supporters with asylum seekers.

I would love to see them replaced.

lol okay Heinrich

• Upvote (+1) 1

By denying them water, you sick fiend.

Giving water to a severely dehydrated person can actually kill them. A border patrol agent isn't trained to deal with it. She should have been hospitalized immediately. I don't know the full details yet, but I do know it isn't entirely border patrol's fault.

I hate these 3rd world Italians and Irish coming into this country and ghettoizing our great country that we've made.

- Brad Pitt in 1900

False dichotomy. People that came in the 1900s didn't have the luxury of our generous welfare state. They actually had to work or starve.