Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Sure I do, I pray for people, including you, all the time. I pray for peace, happiness, and prosperity for all of my friends and loved ones.

I have been listening, my child

• Upvote (+1) 2

If your argument is compassion, you can't be half assed compassionate. You either secure the border or let everyone in because everyone outside the US is at a disadvantage. Pick a side.

It’s not an all or nothing proposition. Only you are making it that way. You can lower the pressures at the border by passing lesgislature making the process on being a US citizen easier. Doesn’t mean it comes with zero responsibility however it also doesn’t mean that it’s a better overall investment coming here illegally than legally since it can be very daunting and seem hopeless.

And what do you mean half assed compassion? You’re not going to treat someone differently let’s say if they steal bread if you see their family literally starving on the street vs someone who is well off with thousands in their bank and they just don’t want to pay for it...come on dude. This is basic ethics and morals 101. Sure, crossing the border is illegal and unfortunately won’t be allowed access in the country however you don’t treat people like dirt under your shoes and if they need some sort of care give it to them. Again a lot of these situations could be avoided if the old jackasses in Washington didn’t have such a hard on to deny people citizenry and make it near impossible to do so.

Edit: sympathy too

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah people should wait 20 years and live miserable lives and do nothing about it. Lmao. The ignorance is laughable. I’m sure the first settlers that came here did it the right way right? Should have just stayed in their home country to get persecuted or worse by their government am I right?

Maybe instead of thinking they're entitled to the fruits of others labor, they should do something to improve their own country and improve their situation. European settlers came here and built this country from the ground up through blood, sweat, and tears! Brilliant Europeans created the greatest economy of all time and just about every single important invention in history! Last time I checked, 3rd world foreigners did nothing to build this country. So they are entitled to what many generations of real Americans worked tirelessly to build because?

Did I ever say I wanted completely open borders? No. People just lack sympathy and it’s disgusting.

Like no shit it’s illegal. But people do what they do because they don’t want their kids to live the tough lives they did. And people will take the risks because the qualifications to get in are outrageous. So it’s worth the gamble in many peoples eyes. If the qualifications were less strenuous I guarantee less people would migrate illegally and wait their turn.

Either way that poor girl. And fuck the border patrol for waiting to give her proper treatment.

It's not lack of sympathy. It's "I don't want these 3rd worlders coming here and turning my country into the same ghetto they came from" and "I don't want my tax dollars to subsidize their children, healthcare and everything else". If they don't want their kids to live tough lives, I have a simple solution for them: don't have fucking kids, dummies. The girl's parents are 100% to blame. They took the risk and paid the ultimate price.

• Downvote (-1) 2

It’s not an all or nothing proposition. Only you are making it that way. You can lower the pressures at the border by passing lesgislature making the process on being a US citizen easier. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t come with some responsibility however it also doesn’t mean that it’s a better overall investment coming here illegally than legally since it can be very daunting and seem hopeless.

And what do you mean half assed compassion? You’re not going to treat someone differently let’s say if they steal bread if you see their family literally starving on the street vs someone who is well off with thousands in their bank and they just don’t want to pay for it...come on dude. This is basic ethics and morals 101. Sure, crossing the border is illegal and unfortunately won’t be allowed access in the country however you don’t treat people like dirt under your shoes and if they need some sort of care give it to them. Again a lot of these situations could be avoided if the old jackasses in Washington didn’t have such a hard on to deny people citizenry and make it near impossible to do so.

Edit: sympathy too

Yeah but Democrats only focus on the sympathy argument. A more pragmatic argument IMO is their economic benefits. They are hard workers. The housing market would skyrocket without them building houses. Compassion shouldn't be the primary argument b/c I can easily see everyone not in the US qualifying.

That irresponsible parent should have drug his children South instead of North.  There are plenty of countries in South America he can invade.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah but Democrats only focus on the sympathy argument. A more pragmatic argument IMO is their economic benefits. They are hard workers. The housing market would skyrocket without them building houses. Compassion shouldn't be the primary argument b/c I can easily see everyone not in the US qualifying.

They focus on it because republicans are void of it. Pretty clear cut.

Of course there are more factors. Compassion and sympathy are pretty big aspects of the argument since it’s so relatable to our struggles/problems that humans have.

But yeah theres the facts that they work longer hours, harder, and do jobs other Americans would never take. Commit less crimes and less severe crimes than Americans. So I’m really not understanding here why were only letting an absolute minimum in legally.

Maybe instead of thinking they're entitled to the fruits of others labor, they should do something to improve their own country and improve their situation. European settlers came here and built this country from the ground up through blood, sweat, and tears! Brilliant Europeans created the greatest economy of all time and just about every single important invention in history! Last time I checked, 3rd world foreigners did nothing to build this country. So they are entitled to what many generations of real Americans worked tirelessly to build because?

It's not lack of sympathy. It's "I don't want these 3rd worlders coming here and turning my country into the same ghetto they came from" and "I don't want my tax dollars to subsidize their children, healthcare and everything else". If they don't want their kids to live tough lives, I have a simple solution for them: don't have fucking kids, dummies. The girl's parents are 100% to blame. They took the risk and paid the ultimate price.

This country was built by slaves you degen, stolen lands and forced labor man you are really something
  • Upvote (+1) 1

They focus on it because republicans are void of it. Pretty clear cut.

Of course there are more factors. Compassion and sympathy are pretty big aspects of the argument since it’s so relatable to our struggles/problems that humans have.

But yeah theres the facts that they work longer hours, harder, and do jobs other Americans would never take. Commit less crimes and less severe crimes than Americans. So I’m really not understanding here why were only letting an absolute minimum in legally.

Real Americans are the hardest workers in the world(#1 economy) and millions of Americans work long hours or multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Our country is over populated. We don't NEED them. I get it though, you WANT to flood our schools. You WANT to pay higher taxes to subsidize them. You WANT more congestion. You WANT more crime. You WANT more drugs. You WANT to turn this country into a ghetto.

This country was built by slaves you degen, stolen lands and forced labor man you are really something

Slaves weren't the architects, just the vehicle. Geniuses like Rockefeller, Carnegie, and JP Morgan built this country and build the most thriving economy of all time. This land was conquered just like every other piece of land on earth has been conquered at one point or another. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

compassion is not mutually exclusive with pragmatism

• Upvote (+1) 1

So father drags his daughter thru the desert for days without food or water but it's border patrols fault? Jesus Christ, people really are brainwashed...

You're calling others brainwashed when you're literally blaming the victim?

These policies are called testing the water. Deliberately murder the 'other' even if its a tiny child and see how the Americans respond to it. Apathy or victim blaming? Ramp it up some more.

America is literally prime for 21st century Nazism.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Yea the border patrol aren’t risking their lives everyday or anything, let me cherry pick an article that makes them look bad, perhaps throw a few jabs at Christianity in there, pro life dudes!!!

They murdered a small child and you are worried about border force's image rather than the fact that they murdered a small child?

You're a sick monster.

• Downvote (-1) 1

They are locking up people who are trying to enter the US illegally. There are ways to enter the US that don't involve killing your daughter in the process. Shit's getting so bad that Mexico just closed their southern border wall (that the US paid for btw)

You're right though, Bushs, Clintons and Obama destroyed multiple countries.

Asylum seekers didn't murder the child. Border force did. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

You know life isn’t fair, dude. They weren’t born here. We were. Does that mean I don’t sympathize? Sure I do, I pray for people, including you, all the time. I pray for peace, happiness, and prosperity for all of my friends and loved ones. I don’t think it’s fair that I am painted with a lack of sympathy for supporting those who protect our borders, but life isn’t fair, is it?

You're only concerned for the image of border force rather than a dead child, you are a virtue signalling piece of shit. It's pretty hard to virtue signal when you're basically endorsing Nazi policies in South America.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Republicans are modern day Nazis. Fox News is basically Der Stürmer

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Real Americans are the hardest workers in the world(#1 economy) and millions of Americans work long hours or multiple jobs just to make ends meet. Our country is over populated. We don't NEED them. I get it though, you WANT to flood our schools. You WANT to pay higher taxes to subsidize them. You WANT more congestion. You WANT more crime. You WANT more drugs. You WANT to turn this country into a ghetto.

Slaves weren't the architects, just the vehicle. Geniuses like Rockefeller, Carnegie, and JP Morgan built this country and build the most thriving economy of all time. This land was conquered just like every other piece of land on earth has been conquered at one point or another. 

0*ng1CjTck1PhOf3AU.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You're only concerned for the image of border force rather than a dead child, you are a virtue signalling piece of shit. It's pretty hard to virtue signal when you're basically endorsing Nazi policies in South America.

You poor baby, did my opinions on the internet upset you?
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"omgerd, Natzihs!

Only someone like Niku would be stupid enough to literally not know what Nazis actually were.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Really though you should be banned from this site for everything you just said, accusing someone of being antisemetic when they aren’t isn’t cool at all.

Edit: not you, Rick. This Niku clown calling people names and accusing me of being antisemetic, why isn’t he banned?

• Downvote (-1) 2

More Nazi propaganda by fox, employing the Nazi 'disease' 'vermin' trope on the 'other' to whip up the fear, hatred and disgust of their brainwashed followers.

Dq2jGN6U0AAgD_P.jpg

He will just claim ignorance, he clearly has never read a history book and has no understanding about what actual Nazism was.

• Downvote (-1) 2

"omgerd, Natzihs!

Only someone like Niku would be stupid enough to literally not know what Nazis actually were.

I'm a scholar of fascism, you absolute dumb fuck. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another aspect of the othering is describing asylum seekers as 'invaders,' thus militarizing the language used and thus giving permission colloquially, but also constitutionally to engage in violence.

This is a reoccurring theme in American history. It is vile and has remained consistent:

This is also tied in with 'they're criminals, liabilities, national security threats' and thus deserving of their incarceration and the predictable mistreatment, resulting in death via starvation/dehydration.

These are recurring themes Dq2k3OBVAAA34cA.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1