Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Again, the terms are interchangeable.

Also lol, your sources are sketchy as fuck. Scored an own goal before so you gotta link a senate report.

A senate report haha.

Do you know who owns the senate you dumb fuck? The billionaires. They own the senate and they own you.

How does it feel to be the literal cuck of the billionaire class?

Pretty sure billionaires are behind most NGO's pushing Climate Science. Do you not think it's odd that Al Gore has made 100's of millions of dollars since leaving office? Most of which has come from pushing Global Warming Doomsday bullshit.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Must be hard living in the richest country in the world and having the political capital of a third world kleptocracy to think I'm upset at your pathetic mental state.

America is nobbled when people like you have more of a democratic weighting than actually informed citizenry.

No, I just enjoy seeing overly sensitive Liberals cry and complain.

Are you going to defend your Liberal scientist that has been accused of sexual misconduct, or are we going to just believe the accuser?  Must be a hard choice for someone of your low integrity and intelligence.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Are you going to defend your Liberal scientist that has been accused of sexual misconduct, or are we going to just believe the accuser?  Must be a hard choice for someone of your low integrity and intelligence.

I don't care. Let the law do its thing.

No, I just enjoy seeing overly sensitive Liberals cry and complain.

Sure you do. Totally not projecting:

DqACvmKU8AMmpCw.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pretty sure billionaires are behind most NGO's pushing Climate Science. Do you not think it's odd that Al Gore has made 100's of millions of dollars since leaving office? Most of which has come from pushing Global Warming Doomsday bullshit.

This message brought to you by Koch Industries.

Where we deflect and project with impunity!

It's so easy to be a leftie these days.  Blame all of your life failures on the evil rich people and call everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist neo nazi.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's so easy to be a leftie these days.  Blame all of your life failures on the evil rich people and call everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist neo nazi.

So easy to be a leftie, living life as a  victim  :tear:

DtFpkRyWkAE4q1u.jpg

All you have is pure projection haha

• Upvote (+1) 2

This message brought to you by Koch Industries.

Where we deflect and project with impunity!

You're obsessed with the Koch.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

He can't stop.  He is obsessive.  If it weren't so sad it would almost be funny.

What a sad, pathetic life.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You're obsessed with the Koch.

I'm not the one bringing up their propaganda every time we start talking about facts about climate science.

These drones aren't magically coming up with these scripted drone arguments themselves.

He can't stop.  He is obsessive.  If it weren't so sad it would almost be funny.

What a sad, pathetic life.

When you're out of arguments, just cry and insult people. Classic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you all see it?  He has no self control and cannot stop responding.  The ultimate NPC.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Do you all see it?  He has no self control and cannot stop responding.  The ultimate NPC.

He's an NPC I tell you! A non playable character!

He wails as he repeats what his homogeneous conforming clone MAGA chuds say every time someone calls out his laughably scripted talking points and insults.

Why do you keep projecting? 

• Upvote (+1) 3

BAHAHAHAHA

Just like clockwork.  You cant not respond and the fool who cannot successfully debate continues his silent protest of me.

This is why I keep coming back.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Yikes. Imagine how much of a loser you have to be knowing you’re hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and shaming other poor people LOL

Wow I bet everyone in this thread is an expert in politics.

So many people trying to impress other people over the Internet with their vast knowledge of everything.

yep...

I came back wanting to share what I have learned only to find how frustrating it is that they don't care what is happening around them.

Think you have it rough? Think you understand suffering?

Imagine having someone pin you down and rub soap into your eyes 24/7, until you went blind and passed out from the pain.

'Next time you have a stomach ache, try to imagine liquid plumber being poured down your throat till you puke so much blood that you bleed to death.'

Right now, as we speak, millions of animals are being tortured and mutilated to death...all in the name of 'science' and so-called 'human progress.'

I'm largely optimistic about the future, but the suffering we continue to needlessly inflict on the billions of animals with whom we share this planet is hard for me to fathom, even on the best of days.

Animal-testing_provided_public-domain-72
animal-experimentation-monkey-screaming-

My admittedly scientifically illiterate takeaway from your post (but hey everyone else in this thread is blatantly speaking out their ass so might as well be afforded some leeway here) is you're saying we don't know exactly what the results of our impacts on the climate will be, so we shouldn't care.  I don't think that logic follows.

Like we should keep poking the hornets nest because we don't know with 100% certainty whether or not it even contains hornets, exactly how many will come out, exactly when they will come out, or exactly what parts of our bodies they will sting.  No we don't know those things, but we know enough to establish a direct causal relationship between poking hornet nests and getting stung, do we not?  We know that introducing Co2 in the atmosphere causes heat to become "trapped", and we know there's at the very least a strong correlation between rising temperatures, stronger storms, and increase in industrialization.  We don't know if plants are enough to off-set what we're producing or if it will *actually* have any impact on storm strength and weather patterns but why just baselessly assume the ideal scenario?

"Anyone who questions scientific consensus is labeled a far right wingnut".  Because that's usually exactly what it is.  Questioning scientific consensus when you possess contrarian evidence that disproves it is a valid and necessary part of the scientific process.  But usually it's just concern trolls without evidence who question things only to push their own stupid ideologies that they never bother to apply the same line of scientific questioning to.  Can't tell me as a scientist you don't see the constantly encroaching threat of pseudoscience?  You'll forgive me if I'm constantly on-guard for that shit.

There are reasons beyond climate change to pursue green energy.  No pointless foreign conflicts over dwindling resources.  Resources that run out after billions of years instead of a few centuries.  Not dying from smog.   So on. It might not be economically feasible in the short term, but no scientific progress would ever be achieved if you fell back on that argument for everything.  Same with stupid zero-sum arguments like "BUT CHINA"  Playing a role in slowing the process down is still better than letting it continue on like normal.

I'm not saying we shouldn't care, I'm implying I don't think the evidence exists that a climate catastrophe will occur in 50 years down the road due solely to anthropogenic CO2 increase, therefore extracting wealth out of nations with a carbon tax and investing huge sums into wind and solar regardless of the lack of evidence becomes a bad move.

I don't think we have identified that we're poking a hornet's nest. The hornets are based on climate models projecting decades ahead, there's no way to test that those projections are accurate in any way. That's my biggest contention with climate science is that it's predictions aren't testable, which science has to be for it to be science. A scientist's job is to solve real-world problems, but if we're working with untestable projections, then we have no way to determine that we have a real-world problem instead of a manufactured problem. The hornets you speak of could just be holograms, you're welcome to offer a way to find out that they're not. I'm not baselessly assuming we're in an ideal scenario, I'm commenting on climate science itself. There's good evidence the earth is greener due to increased CO2 which strengthens things like biodiversity, but no I don't think it will offset CO2 production because the rate is increasing immensely around the globe. There's no evidence storm strength is altered by side-effects of increased CO2. You'd have correlation at best, which isn't anywhere as conclusive as causation.

Yeah I definitely see something of a threat from pseudoscience, like anti-vax stuff. There's more benign pseudoscience like electric universe, modern ether theory, creationism, naturopathy, chiropractic, etc. All you have to do is learn how to apply the scientific method and you can find out which things are pseudoscientific (trying to pass as science, without following the methods of science). Climate change has elements of the scientific method, but I find its conclusions untenable because there's no way to test them. It's pretty simple, imo. Until climate change can test its half century out predictions, it'll never become anything like a scientific theory. Theories are models that explain large bodies of data and make testable predictions. Climate change tries to explain large bodies of data but makes a number of untestable predictions. They're only testable in theory, not in the lab but, you have sit around and wait 50 years to see the climate 50 years from now. That's not a good explanatory model.

If you want green energy then you have to choose nuclear fission. It's billions of orders of magnitude more energy dense than combustion. It operates non-stop night and day. Fuel is more abundant than fossil fuels. Pound for pound it's the best on the planet. There are some drawbacks of course but they aren't worse than fossil fuels, wind, or solar. Hydro is pretty good but it ain't green, you have to destroy a LOT of ecosystem to build and maintain dams. Germany, the icon of wind and solar power, is building a lot of coal plants to keep their country running. The technology just isn't there for those energy types in order to take a significant amount of fossil fuels out of use. In less than first world countries, they need fossil fuels because they are so cheap relative to anything else. That's their best path to becoming developed nations. Everything else is out of their price range. That's the unfortunate downside of monkey-see monkey-do with 7 billion people on the planet.

Here's a preview of carbon tax to fight climate change in action recently:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/france-suspends-controversial-fuel-tax-after-weeks-of-unrest/2018/12/04/d32577a6-f7b6-11e8-8d64-4e79db33382f_story.html

Think you have it rough? Think you understand suffering?

Imagine having someone pin you down and rub soap into your eyes 24/7, until you went blind and passed out from the pain.

'Next time you have a stomach ache, try to imagine liquid plumber being poured down your throat till you puke so much blood that you bleed to death.'

Right now, as we speak, millions of animals are being tortured and mutilated to death...all in the name of 'science' and so-called 'human progress.'

I'm largely optimistic about the future, but the suffering we continue to needlessly inflict on the billions of animals with whom we share this planet is hard for me to fathom, even on the best of days.

Sure it sucks but there's no other way to develop medicines and products that keep you and your family alive and well. You're welcome to start your own country that has no standards for testing products before they reach the market and watch your populace get maimed or killed every day because you wanted to save some mice. Choosing to keep animals alive means no more modern innovation in healthcare, or people dying sooner than they should. That's the real world, homie.

Be patient though, I'm working on a solution.

• Upvote (+1) 3