Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

What are you interested in besides insulting my intelligence?

I don't care about your intelligence, only your reasoning, which you've avoided presenting. If you don't want your position scrutinized then I don't know what purpose this thread provides you. Lets get back to the topic if you don't mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unionized work force so they’re just gonna be getting paid to not work anyways. Two billion dollars set aside by GM for the payoffs, no company can survive without focusing on profit and loss. The under utilized plants make cars that nobody buys. GM stock has gone up since the restructure was announced.

Pretty sure none of those 14,700 workers give a shit about GM's stock price. 

Barra said tariffs on imported aluminum and steel have hit the company, but she stopped short of saying they had anything to do with the restructuring.

Uh-huh.

Liberals: we need to focus on electric vehicles, reduce our dependence on oil and help the environment regardless of how it affects our economy and job market.

Also liberals: GM is focusing on electric vehicles and reducing jobs and its very very bad gais.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's not about what liberals want. It's about how conservatives are dumb shits who consistently vote against their own interests.

Pretty sure none of those 14,700 workers give a shit about GM's stock price.

I never said they would care about stock price, and it can suck that people are losing jobs and make sense that a company is doing what’s in its best interest. If they’re willing to set aside that much to payoff workers then it would’ve cost more to keep the plants open don’t you think?

I never said they would care about stock price, and it can suck that people are losing jobs and make sense that a company is doing what’s in its best interest. If they’re willing to set aside that much to payoff workers then it would’ve cost more to keep the plants open don’t you think?

The article was posted in the context of the fact that regardless of what stock prices (aka "the economy") are, it doesn't mean that the working class is doing well, and some people with certain voting tendencies or myopic opinions about how the economy works would do well to understand that.

Oh look, yet another opportunity to post this chart. 

chartoftheday_8974_us_unemployment_rate_

Oh gee, look at that GDP per capita: 

E0maMTA.png

Hey check out the Down Jones 10-year:

9PgpH4t.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think you missed his point by like 17 miles but I’ll give you a break because you’re a very frustrated, angry liberal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If even one of those trends didn't continue, you would be freaking out even more over Trump. Does President Trump not get any credit from you for continuing the positive trends?

Obama has already stated that all of Trump's policies are bad for the economy and bad for America, but he still continues to take credit for the economy doing so well. At what point does it stop being Obama's economy and start being Trump's? Don't answer that, we all know you and the Media take any little negative (like the 14k jobs lost, despite much more gained) and blame it on Trump but give him zero of the credit for anything going well. Most rational people see through it, and obviously a few people still don't. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

RVG pretty much turned Niku into a folding chair. Ive been away for a few days... entertaining read for sure lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The unemployment rate in 2009 hit 10%? Sheesh I'm glad I was just a little kid and didn't need a job or anything back then.

RVG pretty much turned Niku into a folding chair. Ive been away for a few days... entertaining read for sure lol.

Its been fun to witness E Nominis supremacy in here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its been fun to witness E Nominis supremacy in here.

Climate change isn't good science and the politicization of it is making it far worse because now nobody is allowed to have a dissenting viewpoint. Apostates are ostracized. Unfalsifiable predictions are the norm. The IPCC is god. Green energy is jesus. Carbon tax is the holy spirit. Fossil fuels are satan. Impartiality is a sin. Revelation will happen in "the near future."

When science becomes religion is when science stops making progress. Luckily many climate scientists are doing fine work but it's only a matter of time before the scientific method is compromised in that field. Without the method, the enterprise of discovery fails.

Also, income inequality is completely fine in the right context.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Loving this booming economy I keep getting told about

The economy is booming. Just not for workers LOL

U wot m8?

He said what are your arguments etc etc I said check the last few pages

• Upvote (+1) 1

Climate change isn't good science and the politicization of it is making it far worse because now nobody is allowed to have a dissenting viewpoint. Apostates are ostracized. Unfalsifiable predictions are the norm. The IPCC is god. Green energy is jesus. Fossil fuels are satan. Impartiality is a sin. Revelation will happen in "the near future."

When science becomes religion is when science stops making progress. Luckily many climate scientists are doing fine work but it's only a matter of time before the scientific method is compromised in that field. Without the method, the enterprise of discovery fails.

Also, income inequality is completely fine in the right context.

What does 'cimate change isn't good science' mean?

The only people politicizing it is the far right corporate sector.

The scientific community has tried really hard not to sound alarmist and consistently made conservative estimates as to not feed the skeptics but they can't even do that anymore. The Republicans are sending us to the apocalypse and they are loving every step of the way.

There is always politics involved with science, but to dismiss the most important science in human history as 'politicized' is absurd.

The GOP is to phase Noam Chomsky, the most dangerous organisation in human history.

America is the most climate science skeptic country on earth. It's also home to the richest people on earth. Not a coincidence. They've been warping your brains for decades.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What does 'cimate change isn't good science' mean?

The only people politicizing it is the far right corporate sector.

The scientific community has tried really hard not to sound alarmist as to not feed the skeptics but they can't even do that anymore. The Republicans are sending us to the apocalypse and they are loving every step of the way.

The GOP is to phase Noam Chomsky, the most dangerous organisation in human history.

It means I don't think it produces reliable conclusions.

If you think only the "far right" corporate sector is politicizing it, then you haven't been paying attention to any global events over the last decade or two.

It's telling you blame republicans for what is considered to be a global crisis. Is the US the only country that burns fossil fuels?

Your citation of Noam Chomsky is even further evidence that politicization of this issue isn't purely from the "far right" as you so claimed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It means I don't think it produces reliable conclusions.

If you think only the "far right" corporate sector is politicizing it, then you haven't been paying attention to any global events over the last decade or two.

It's telling you blame republicans for what is considered to be a global crisis. Is the US the only country that burns fossil fuels?

Your citation of Noam Chomsky is even further evidence that politicization of this issue isn't purely from the "far right" as you so claimed.

Well your thoughts are wrong.

Yeah far right corporations are the only people politicizing it.

What global events?

The US may not be the only people burning fossil fuels, but it is the only country, ran by the only party, that full blown denies the science and is pushing for as much coal use as possible.

My citation of Noam Chomsky is no evidence that it is politicized from anyone other than far right shit heads.

Republicans are Christian ISIS. This isn't even hyperbole either.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4