Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

"Niku"

Yes income inequality is currently a problem in America. It is horrendous in America How is this fact the same as saying any form of income inequality is bad?

I asked why is it bad, why income should be equal, and how you would make it equal. So please answer those questions. If some forms of income inequality are okay then tell me where the line is drawn, don't put words in my mouth like you did with your question there at the end.

"Niku"

Income inequality is working well in Scandinavian countries.

Scandinavian countries are taxed through the roof to support their socialized medicine and education programs. Shouldn't you choose countries with equivalent economic systems as the US to make proper comparisons here?

Niku"

Income inequality in America is almost the same as Russia. Both very bad regressive societies.

America is nowhere near as regressive as Russia lol. While their income inequality might be equal, how well off are the poor in america compared to russia? You should elaborate on the implications of your statements to make them support your point better.

Why should income be equal? I'm not arguing for it to be equal. I never have. I merely stated income inequality in America as a problem. Do you accept this basic premise?

As for making comparisons to the US there are none. America is the most wealthiest, most powerful country on earth. Russia's economy is smaller than Texas. The fact that poverty exists in your country is the most pathetic, most disgusting thing ever.

You're twisting my words and arguing semantics. America has an income inequality problem. People are wanting to address it. That is it. There is no other arguments attached to that. It's really simple to understand really but obviously it's too hard for your brain to figure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

why? Evidence

Why is it almost an absolute? Because the fucking evidence is almost an absolute.

Now go pick scalzos brain since you’re so interested in being the thought police and why people think the way they do lol

You can make this go as fast or as long as you want, I don't care. What is the strongest evidence it's an absolute and what makes it strong? It might be useful for you to define what you even mean by climate change since there isn't a push in any way for evidence that the earth's climate is static and unchanging. I like specifics so if you're going to keep being vague and alluding to things then let me know you don't want to be put on blast.

Ya scientists r wrong, we know vaccines cause autism

Scientists are wrong all the time and the addition of politics into the science makes those odds even worse. There are no such things as scientific authorities and there never will be if the ethos of the scientific method are followed properly.

Why should income be equal? I'm not arguing for it to be equal. I never have. I merely stated income inequality in America as a problem. Do you accept this basic premise?

As for making comparisons to the US there are none. America is the most wealthiest, most powerful country on earth. Russia's economy is smaller than Texas. The fact that poverty exists in your country is the most pathetic, most disgusting thing ever.

You're twisting my words and arguing semantics. America has an income inequality problem. People are wanting to address it. That is it. There is no other arguments attached to that. It's really simple to understand really but obviously it's too hard for your brain to figure.

You need to be more concise with your words. You said inequality is a problem in america, so the logical inference is that you prefer income equality. If not, then that's your fault for making inconsistent statements. Poverty in the US isn't that bad because there are huge social safety nets. Call it pathetic and disgusting, but our poor people have cars, TV's, computers, internet, cell phones, and don't even have to cook or grow their own food.

So, how do you propose we fix inequality of income here in the US? These are basic questions and you seem to have no interest in answering them. Are you incapable or indifferent? I just want to hear some solutions from you if you have ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You need to be more concise with your words. You said inequality is a problem in america, so the logical inference is that you prefer income equality. If not, then that's your fault for making inconsistent statements. Poverty in the US isn't that bad because there are huge social safety nets. Call it pathetic and disgusting, but our poor people have cars, TV's, computers, internet, cell phones, and don't even have to cook or grow their own food.

So, how do you propose we fix inequality of income here in the US? These are basic questions and you seem to have no interest in answering them. Are you incapable or indifferent? I just want to hear some solutions from you if you have ideas.

Apologies. Poverty isn't bad in the US because the American economy is supported by the extreme poverty and even slavery of the global south who provides the US with the lovely cheap products that they enjoy. This is called World Systems theory. Your poor may not have it the worst, but it is atrocious given the amount of wealth the US has.

Fix inequality? I've provided many many posts in this thread that you are free to read them. It won't repeat them, but the general idea is employment, healthcare, food, infrastructure, renewable energy for all including those in the global south. None of these policies removes inequality, but gives everyone a decent life 'to each according to their needs'.

Apologies. Poverty isn't bad in the US because the American economy is supported by the extreme poverty and even slavery of the global south who provides the US with the lovely cheap products that they enjoy. This is called World Systems theory. Your poor may not have it the worst, but it is atrocious given the amount of wealth the US has.

Fix inequality? I've provided many many posts in this thread that you are free to read them. It won't repeat them, but the general idea is employment, healthcare, food, infrastructure, renewable energy for all including those in the global south. None of these policies removes inequality, but gives everyone a decent life 'to each according to their needs'.

Manufacturing has been driven out of this country for decades and other countries willing to have cheaper, unregulated industries sell products we used to make back to us at reduced prices. That's the world we're in. The US uses free-market capitalism for its economy, the best solution for poverty ever devised thus far despite the wealth gap it encourages. I'm honestly not sure why you're ranting about US wealth lol, thought we were talking about american income inequality being a problem, which was the first thing I quoted you on.

As for your solutions, well dang I didn't realize I was 500 pages late to this party and therefore it's beyond you to reiterate an old point or two, with perhaps more clarity given yet another opportunity for hindsight. Can you elaborate as much as you're willing to on how, specifically, you can implement those fixes to narrow the wealth gap? Maybe going so far as to cite examples where those things have worked in tandem in the past to produce that result? Note that the only historically document events (that I'm aware of, I must add) that closed a wealth gap in any country to any large degree were apocalyptic events. War, famine, plague, etc. From where do you derive confidence in your ideas? Thanks for your time if you decide to actually answer.

Manufacturing has been driven out of this country for decades and other countries willing to have cheaper, unregulated industries sell products we used to make back to us at reduced prices. That's the world we're in. The US uses free-market capitalism for its economy, the best solution for poverty ever devised thus far despite the wealth gap it encourages. I'm honestly not sure why you're ranting about US wealth lol, thought we were talking about american income inequality being a problem, which was the first thing I quoted you on.

As for your solutions, well dang I didn't realize I was 500 pages late to this party and therefore it's beyond you to reiterate an old point or two, with perhaps more clarity given yet another opportunity for hindsight. Can you elaborate as much as you're willing to on how, specifically, you can implement those fixes to narrow the wealth gap? Maybe going so far as to cite examples where those things have worked in tandem in the past to produce that result? Note that the only historically document events (that I'm aware of, I must add) that closed a wealth gap in any country to any large degree were apocalyptic events. War, famine, plague, etc. From where do you derive confidence in your ideas? Thanks for your time if you decide to actually answer.

I have been active discussing this topic for the last 10 pages of this thread. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I’m just waiting for one of you libtards to come at me bruh don’t make me own you with facts and logic EPIC STYLE

I have been active discussing this topic for the last 10 pages of this thread.

Okay I'll check em out. 

The report referenced there cites a lot of different supporting evidence for its conclusions. Which evidence do you believe to be the strongest? You should realize by now that I'm not interested in one side being able to provide a thousand links to counter the other side's 999 links, I care how your brain is reaching its conclusions. If all you can do is slap up reports or research papers without providing your own critical thought then we're not going to get very far here. I want you to actually engage these topics.

Don’t pay attention to that, just continue shopping.

You should show you actually understand the subject before mouthing off about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does carbon based emissions effect the environment? Sure. It's just weird how that's the only thing focused on. The politics on both sides are ugly. From taxing coal to denying it's existence. The free market will solve it in the background.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The free market had already solved it. Trump is trying to un-solve it for the purpose of pandering and his dumbass base is all about it. 

Pure irony, by the way, with Republicans begging for government subsidies.

The free market had already solved it. Trump is trying to un-solve it for the purpose of pandering and his dumbass base is all about it.

Pure irony, by the way, with Republicans begging for government subsidies.

That's his base and unfortunately people don't want to change with the times.

If they just gave every home that installs solar a 100% tax write off we could put a huge dent in the carbon emissions. But that won't happen.

You should show you actually understand the subject before mouthing off about it.

Suck my dick.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Does carbon based emissions effect the environment? Sure. It's just weird how that's the only thing focused on. The politics on both sides are ugly. From taxing coal to denying it's existence. The free market will solve it in the background.

Not really. There are special interests (mostly conservative politicians) trying really hard to fuck over consumers.

Just wait until the climate is so unstable that people are fighting for basic resources. That’s the endgame.

1 million refugees breathed air into multiple Neo-Nazi parties across Europe. Imagine what 10 million or 50 million displaced people would do.

That's his base and unfortunately people don't want to change with the times.

If they just gave every home that installs solar a 100% tax write off we could put a huge dent in the carbon emissions. But that won't happen.

Labor is subsidizing 25% for batteries in the Australian renewables market once elected. It will save a dollar a day for each battery and will pay itself off in 3000 days. It is a nationwide investment.

Wow I bet everyone in this thread is an expert in politics.

So many people trying to impress other people over the Internet with their vast knowledge of everything.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wow I bet everyone in this thread is an expert in politics.

So many people trying to impress other people over the Internet with their vast knowledge of everything.

What’s wrong with discussion? You act like using the internet to discuss and hash ideals is somehow a bad thing.

Like do you pop into other threads and be like “oh wow you guys are talking about specific halo strats...You guys must be pro mlg players or something trying to impress others over the Internet”.

You don't have to get all NPC about it.

Not here to write a book report about a google search that took me 10 seconds to complete.

Not here to write a book report about a google search that took me 10 seconds to complete.

Do you just download every google search you make into your brain as fact? I doubt you do, so by what method(s) did you conclude that the climate report is based on strong evidence and sound science? I've done the same search and read the same reports many times so obviously I'm not interested in your ability to link me to them in a discussion about their contents.