Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Do you really see no difference between cultures? 

Religious liberty does not exist in every country/culture.

Property rights do not exist in every country/culture. 

Women's rights do not exist in every country/culture.

Gay rights do not exist in every country. 

Democratic governments do not exist in every country.

Judeo-Christian morality does not exist in every country/culture. 

All those things exist in the United States and are all supported by the vast majority of people.

The idea that unlimited amounts of people from totally different cultures would have no effect on the current culture is delusional. (I say unlimited because you never answered my question on whether you support any limits on immigration at all). Put aside your utopianist vision and see things as they are.

Of course, there are many people in those countries that desire a chance at the American dream and value what we value - which is why we should be careful at making sure those respectful, law-abiding, immigrants do not get surpassed by illegal aliens.

Not all cultures are equal and people are often a product of their culture, to think that all people everywhere have the same values and beliefs as the average American is moronic.

Every major religion on earth supports the maxim 'Do unto other what you would have do unto you'.

It is not a mistake that people from all places of the earth, all came to the same moral conclusions. These moral conclusions aren't exclusive to America. I'm sorry but you Americans are not special. You are not predisposed to liberty and you are making a historically dangerous mistake to think otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"My anecdotal reading of YOUTUBE comments proves that all conservatives who want some kind of border sovereignty are racist".

I obviously don't know what comments you're specifically referring to, but I assume its in relation to George Soros. Who I agree is sometimes blamed for everything and treated like the boogeyman. But the idea that no one could criticize Soros without being antisemitic would be like a conservative claiming that anyone who disagrees with Ben Shapiro is antisemitic.  

Most often than not people don't critique Soros on anything. None of these people have even the slightest clue what he does and most if not all of the buzzwords like 'globalist' 'Soros' 'Rothschilds' point to a nefarious Jewish plot to a numerous amount of the population. My anecdote is important because antisemitism is going crazy all over the internet right now and it is always coming from the same types of people. To deny this is to deny reality.

These buzzwords are being interpreted as a Jewish plot against white people by millions of people. Just because you personally do not see it this way does not mean others don't see Trump dogwhistling about Jewish internationalists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure people are tying the caravan to Soros funded NGO's because of the supposed use of IsraAid cargo transport trucks.

As far as antisemitism is concerned...it's used by Jews as much as anyone else. Israel wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for antisenitism.

Go read some Theodor Herzl and maybe you'll be able to put two and two together.

Didnt grand wizard david duke start his career as a democrat?

Assuming this is true, this would not matter. He endorses Trump 100%

All of the KKK support the current Republican party. Just like all the Nazis do. Not all Republicans are Nazi and KKK though.

I'm pretty sure people are tying the caravan to Soros funded NGO's because of the supposed use of IsraAid cargo transport trucks.

As far as antisemitism is concerned...it's used by Jews as much as anyone else. Israel wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for antisenitism.

Go read some Theodor Herzl and maybe you'll be able to put two and two together.

Soros has nothing to do with Israel.

Jews are not a monolithic entity.

Soros' open society foundation is directly tasked with challenging Israel's racist and anti-democratic policies.

I am also well aware of the unholy alliance between extremists in the Zionist movement and antisemitic fascists across the globe.

It is literally not difficult to make the connection with Trump's talk of Soros, financing by dark money and the shooter's deranged conspiracies that are shared routinely online.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Weird its almost like immigration should be handled at an individual level not just lawless mass migration.

Name one person anywhere who is pro-ILLEGAL immigration.

And obviously, all people immigrate and fully assimilate quickly - thats why polls show that 50% of Muslims in the UK want homosexuality to be illegal etc. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law (From the right wing nutcase website "The Guardian".

51% of American Muslims and 61% of Hispanic Americans support same-sex marriage, and in fact the only holdout groups in America are hardline Christian sects. https://www.prri.org/research/emerging-consensus-on-lgbt-issues-findings-from-the-2017-american-values-atlas/

How does Louis 'The Jews are termites' Farrakhan vote?

Wow, it's almost like it doesn't matter and that was the whole point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here. The modern state is a moral cancer for the human condition. Freedom of movement is a basic right however I am aware that we are nowhere near close to any notions of perpetual peace or communist internationalism.

Every major religion on earth supports the maxim 'Do unto other what you would have do unto you'.

It is not a mistake that people from all places of the earth, all came to the same moral conclusions. These moral conclusions aren't exclusive to America. I'm sorry but you Americans are not special. You are not predisposed to liberty and you are making a historically dangerous mistake to think otherwise.

Do all religions equally live up to that maxim? I'll go with no. 

People from all over the world do not come up with the same moral conclusions. Human sacrifice, cannibalism, polygamy, female genital mutilation, slavery, etc. etc. Have all been popular with humans at different times, places, with different groups. The idea that all human societies have always basically agreed on morality is stupid.

It is not a coincidence that our ideas of liberty, freedom, equality, etc have only grown and taken root in one culture. One that has generally been the combination of enlightenment ideas and Christian teaching. With the blend being important obviously, as the French Revolution proved that enlightenment ideas without religion leads to chaos and there are a whole host of theocratic monarchies that prove that religion with not enlightenment ideas leads to tyranny as well.

If cultures are equally moral then why don't you simply move to Pakistan or Mongolia or Venezuela?  

Of course, no one is predisposed to Liberty, that's the whole point. Liberty is not inherent in the human mind, it has taken centuries of progress for it to be mainstreamed in the whole western world.

51% of American Muslims and 61% of Hispanic Americans support same-sex marriage, and in fact the only holdout groups in America are hardline Christian sects. https://www.prri.org/research/emerging-consensus-on-lgbt-issues-findings-from-the-2017-american-values-atlas/

I mean I  guess I used a poor choice of words, but you don't seem overly concerned about illegal immigration and seemingly, you would support making currently illegal immigration actions, legal.

Being against gay marriage and being for the outlawing of homosexuality are different things obviously.

Beyond that, only about 0.8% of Americans are Muslims compared to 4.5% in the UK - America has not had mass migration from the middle east like Europe has. The point that American Muslims are more secular and Western than Muslims in the UK furthers my point that groups take time to assimilate and pouring millions into a preexisting culture without giving the new group time to assimilate is bad and leads to division, not unity.

Here. The modern state is a moral cancer for the human condition. Freedom of movement is a basic right however I am aware that we are nowhere near close to any notions of perpetual peace or communist internationalism.

At least you're honest about your goals. However utterly insane and out of touch with human nature they may be. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

IsraAid is privately funded, nobody is conflating Soros and Israel but you. Lay off the dog whistles kid.

My point about antisemitism was to look at it objectively and to take it with a grain of salt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe when we colonize mars you can get your shot at that utopian globalist commie paradise u dream of.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The trump ad was literally depicting every illegal immigrant as murderers. The caravans are coming!!! Fear mongering racist bullshit.

Btw both illegal and legal immigrants commit less crimes than Americans. Probably because you know they are too busy working 14 hour days and don’t want to get booted from the country.

Ok liberals, here is the question. You are obviously going to win seats in the House, hut how many do you have to win before you start bragging and becoming excited over?

Is it full control or bust, or is one seat enough for you to claim victory?

Do all religions equally live up to that maxim? I'll go with no. 

People from all over the world do not come up with the same moral conclusions. Human sacrifice, cannibalism, polygamy, female genital mutilation, slavery, etc. etc. Have all been popular with humans at different times, places, with different groups. The idea that all human societies have always basically agreed on morality is stupid.

It is not a coincidence that our ideas of liberty, freedom, equality, etc have only grown and taken root in one culture. One that has generally been the combination of enlightenment ideas and Christian teaching. With the blend being important obviously, as the French Revolution proved that enlightenment ideas without religion leads to chaos and there are a whole host of theocratic monarchies that prove that religion with not enlightenment ideas leads to tyranny as well.

If cultures are equally moral then why don't you simply move to Pakistan or Mongolia or Venezuela?  

Of course, no one is predisposed to Liberty, that's the whole point. Liberty is not inherent in the human mind, it has taken centuries of progress for it to be mainstreamed in the whole western world.

Human sacrifice, cannibalism, slavery are still being practiced by the US today albeit with less overt ways. Men in the US will gladly sacrifice the lives of poor people because they have 'the freedom to die'. You live in an extremely barbaric society that engages in terror across the world including the very place that these so called illegals that can't understand freedom come from. The immorality of the United States is no different to that of the immorality of places like Pakistan etc only they have lesser power and less legitimacy in the world's eyes. One beheads infidels based on the word of God. The United States blows people to a million pieces because 'fuck you freedom motherfucker'. You say that only western countries are moral because of Christian values, and yet I see the west behave very much the same as the people you criticize as incapable of discovering morality. This is simply not true.

Does America really treat others the way they would like to be treated? Of course not.

Moral values are universal and humans are predisposed to liberty and creativity. 'Western culture' is not special and neither is anyone else. Saying that non-Americans can't 'assimilate' because only westerners can do freedom is an oxymoron. An exclusive freedom club dedicated to westerners is not free.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The trump ad was literally depicting every illegal immigrant as murderers. The caravans are coming!!! Fear mongering racist bullshit.

Btw both illegal and legal immigrants commit less crimes than Americans. Probably because you know they are too busy working 14 hour days and don’t want to get booted from the country.

I honestly thought the Trump adds was a gross exaggeration and completely dishonest. Unfortunately both sides do this shit to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I'm looking forward to the next few months of the lefties bragging about their victory in the House while the righties downplay it and counter with gaining power in the Senate.

Nothing is going to stop what comes next.

Nothing.

Democrats take back the House

|

|

|

|

We are here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Democrats take back the House

|

|

|

|

We are here. 

Doesn't mean anything. Democrats won't obstruct anything Republicans do unless any of their policies are particularly radical. It means business as usual, steer the course and hemorrhage more votes until the Left is completely dead and the capitalists consolidate their power.

Doesn't mean anything. Democrats won't obstruct anything Republicans do unless any of their policies are particularly radical. It means business as usual, steer the course and hemorrhage more votes until the Left is completely dead and the capitalists consolidate their power.

Voting for the left is damage control, not the realization of one's political fantasies.