Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Of course, victims can come forward, but they shouldn't expect people to believe them instantly with no evidence.

Ford is fine, but what the democrats did was disgusting, they knew all of this but waited for political gain because  they don't actually care about victims, only about stopping Kavanaugh and hurting the GOP. Horrible 

Imma wait till this kind of shit is proven before I take a specific side. I don't care if it's not a trial, the burden of proof rests on the person making the claim no matter the setting.

That said, I still find it interesting that Mitch didn't want Kav to be Trump's pick.

I like how you say "Democrats" when the only person who knew was Feinstein, and she specifically chose not to release the information. 

In true hypocritical fashion though, here you are claiming that the leaks were a calculated act. 

So hey. Provide proof or shut up, right? 

And lol @ the idea that stopping Kavanaugh and the GOP is some kind of moral failing. Frankly that's hero tier shit at this point. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit. Provide proof or fuck off. This isn't commie china where we pillory people over accusations.

You can tell by how he dances around certain subjects that there are some uncomfortable truths there.

Also, for the 20th time this isn’t a criminal case.

There would be martial law way prior to any separatist group gaining any sort of traction, highly doubt you’d see a military conflict among a domestic population in any first world country.

muh not a criminal case. Doesn't fuckin matter. You want a civil war? This is how you get civil war.

Civil war for what? Asking questions and trying to figure out the truth? Lol

Holding onto it for so long proves that she doesn't care about victims, or justice, but merely scoring political points. 

...They're a political party. Not a therapy circle. 

You're also assuming I have some kind of interest in building up Democrats as morally upstanding and pure. Yeah, not quite. 

It's the difference between disliking Hillary Clinton and hoping Trump falls off of one of his yachts and none of his staff bother to look for him. 

Rachel Mitchell's analysis of Dr Ford's testimony https://imgur.com/a/YYhCaMV

TLDR:

In the legal context. here is my bottom line: A "he said, she said" case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that. Dr. Ford identified other witnesses to the event, and those witnesses either refuted her allegations or failed to corroborate them. For the reasons discussed below, I do not think that a reasonable prosecutor would bring this case based on the evidence before the Committee. Nor do I believe that this evidence is sufficient to satisfy the preponderance-of-the-evidence standard.

One witness "failed to corroborate" because he was implicated. The other witness said she didn't remember, but specifically said that she believed Ford's accusations. 

Ha! When did you become so low effort? You used to be halfway decent at this on the MLGpro forums.

Well I don't remember you, so I guess that shows your effort level.

You don't remember sexually assaulting me at an Mlg event in the fall of 2005? I was under age...