Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Only problem with most vegans is them pushing it onto everyone else around them which just ends in endless stupid debates.

People looking down vegans claiming they are weak for not eating meat are even worse.

a lot of vegans are damaging butcher shops and taking it way too far 

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/07/18/628141545/french-butchers-ask-for-protection-after-threats-from-violent-vegans44

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/butcher-shop-vandalised-vegan-activists-marlow-butchers-kent-a8383751.html

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/979782/vegans-animal-rights-activists-vegan-extremists-french-butchers

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL to a degree, but if the piles of cowshit get too big like they do with factory farms they just become toxic and unusable basically killing the land.  And methane is a stronger greenhouse gas than CO2 by a longshot. The meat industry has fought long and hard to hide that fact.

which i did mention specifically and was chosen to be ignored lol.

Whether or not your farm is a "factory" farm or "real" farming tends to correlate with scale, but it doesn't have to.  If they are able to capture that much of the methane from their cows, they are probably running it like a factory. You could capture the waste from the cows when they go indoors, but that's a small portion of what we are talking about here.  The vast majority of the methane produced by farming comes from the giant toxic cesspools of factory farms.  That shit is nasty.  Cows shitting in a field then getting moved to another field every couple days in a proper rotation isn't going to tip the scales on global warming lol. 

And if we were to move to 100% plant based diet, where would the compost we need to put in the soil to keep it viable come from?  Without animals, that supply dwindles quickly and even more farms would be forced to use chemical fertilizers.  Chemicals that create a ton of greenhouse gas emissions from their creation, run off into waterways causing toxic algal blooms, and cause the soil to become devoid of the micro-flora and organic elements that keep it healthy.  Stripping the elements that made the food that grows on it healthier and made it more resistant to pests and drought. Thereby requiring more chemical fertilizer and more pesticides. around and around. 

The ecology is healthiest with proper management of both plants and animals and their inputs and outputs to the agricultural system.  Ignoring the fact that animals have a significant part to play in how we feed ourselves is ignoring a huge piece of the puzzle.

Insects. We need to get over our inability to embrace the most renewable resource.

And from what ive read regardless of factory farm or not, its the sheer amount of livestock, and their lifecycle and our interaction with it which creates methane

• Upvote (+1) 1

Insects. We need to get over our inability to embrace the most renewable resource.

And from what ive read regardless of factory farm or not, its the sheer amount of livestock, and their lifecycle and our interaction with it which creates methane

This is true. Insects are a staple food in a lot of places.  They are actually very nutritious and require much less input to grow to quantity.  Farmed fish are a good alternative as well.  You can use a lot less food to farm fish and you can use the water from farming fish as fertilizer for growing plants.  Anything that is ectothermic requires much less input to grow to a decent size quickly since they aren't spending most of their caloric energy just keeping their body heat up.  The problem with farmed fish is that they tend to be fed mainly corn, just like factory farmed beef, and are less nutritious than their wild caught brethren.  Same story with cattle, pigs and 'vegetarian' chicken (chickens are supposed to eat bugs and plants.  Being vegetarian isn't better).  If they are fed a better diet with more variety in it however, they are just as good as wild fish.  Another instance where knowing where your food is coming from and how it is being raised is important, but for fish its almost impossible to really know right now.

The other part of the solution is the part that people might hate the most.  As you alluded to, the sheer amount of livestock is part of the problem.  Westerners need to eat less meat! We don't need almost 10 oz's of meat a day. Cut that down to 3 a day or replace some with farmed fish and you'll naturally cut down the amount of cattle by 2/3rd and methane emissions by even more than that since you could get rid of the acres of toxic cess-pools of infectious cow shit.  That would allow them to be raised in a kinder way, actually able to eat grass with less antiobiotics (hopefully only if an animal is actually sick), and enable most of the feedlot land to be converted back to grassland, another way to balance carbon emissions.  Of course that would make meat significantly more expensive, but at least that cost would be an honest cost.  not the subsidized corn fed, artificially deflated price that we pay now.

I keep using cows as an example because they require by far the most inputs per pound of product, but the same principles could be applied to pork and chicken.

I'm not eating a fucking bug unless it's a lobster

LOL I haven't yet, but i absolutely would (and probably will). A lot of the world already does.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about instead of eating bugs we just not subsidize africas population boom like we've been doing while sanctioning the living shit out of china and india for their disproportional pollution issues.

I've eaten a bug. It was some beetle that was charred to shit but had some fire seasoning. Im a picky eater and I hated the texture so I don't fux with bugs but it tasted alright I guess, for a bug. I could see how people enjoy it but not my pickiness.

How about instead of eating bugs we just not subsidize africas population boom like we've been doing while sanctioning the living shit out of china and india for their disproportional pollution issues.

On the contrary, it's actually the theft of resources and poverty that creates population booms. Industrialisation lowers birth rates and Africa cannot industrialise if it has to pay bogus debts with their natural resources just to eat.

America 'subsidies' Africa not for benevolence. They do it for investment.

Since the 60s USAID has given Africa grain that has placed the market value of it to near zero which has wiped out the productive capacity of Africa to feed itself. Since America feeds Africa using green revolution technology, Africa is a slave and is beholden to the demands of international investors and must give up their resources just to eat instead of use those resources to industrialise and becoming free.

That’s pretty dumb, I have no idea what they’re trying to achieve besides looking like a bunch of cunts.

I guess people can link you to articles about certain disgusting slaughter houses out there.

Being organic is the way for me, even though my milk and cheese is twice as expensive which pisses me off.

Apparently "being in your own home minding your own business while black" is now added to the reasons you can be killed by a cop. 

Any takers? 

If blacks didn't have an inherent fear of the Police caused by their criminal culture that thug and the Police Officer would probably be having a beer and laughing about how they met right now.

If blacks didn't have an inherent fear of the Police caused by their criminal culture that thug and the Police Officer would probably be having a beer and laughing about how they met right now.

Every second day in Australia I hear news of someone butchering their partner and stuffing their dismembered body parts into tight spaces and dumping them in rivers, sidewalks, dumpsters and yet I don't see anyone screeching about criminal savage white culture.

Fucking ******** racist shit right here. 

At least you have kangaroos and salt water crocodiles, who wouldn’t wanna go in the ocean there?!

Apparently "being in your own home minding your own business while black" is now added to the reasons you can be killed by a cop.

Any takers?

Shit he was well educated too. Can’t call him a thug...

Ignore story

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shall we discuss the plethora of reasons you can be killed by a black person?

I'm sure it outweighs the other drastically.

5/60

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every second day in Australia I hear news of someone butchering their partner and stuffing their dismembered body parts into tight spaces and dumping them in rivers, sidewalks, dumpsters and yet I don't see anyone screeching about criminal savage white culture.

Fucking ******** racist shit right here.

It’s not racist because he’s 100% correct.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I seen the same amount of racism towards black people on social media than i do towards white people then they’d probably close the Internet down.

If I seen the same amount of racism towards black people on social media than i do towards white people then they’d probably close the Internet down.

Black people are 10x more racist than white people

You have to remember it wasn’t that long ago we weren’t allowing black people to drink from the same water fountain.

If I were black I’d be bitter as fuck about that shit, and yes. I would take it out on the white people born in my generation.

Blacks had their own, private drinking fountain and they are mad about it.

There is no pleasing those people!