Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

but what if they just got a 1000 year head start on civilization? kinda unfair isnt it?

Nothing in this world has ever been fair. The universe isn't fair. The lion eating it's prey doesn't care if it gave it's prey a fair shot. It just wanted food.

Illegals not being allowed to become citizens.

Nothing wrong with that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's kind of problem if it turns out they aren't actually illegal.

Unless you wanna tell me they're *always* illegal no matter what. In which case you might have some issues.

If it turns out they aren't illegal they have nothing to worry about.

Very simple, really.

If human beings were 'natural' meat eaters, children would salivate at the sight of slaughterhouses. Parents would take their children to watch cows being executed and, instead of turning away in horror, the children would be licking their lips and eagerly asking mommy and daddy when they get to feast on the murdered animals.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

If human beings were 'natural' meat eaters, children would salivate at the sight of slaughterhouses. Parents would take their children to watch cows being executed and, instead of turning away in horror, the children would be licking their lips and eagerly asking mommy and daddy when they get to feast on the murdered animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlBSuuy50Y

Are you saying kids do that with vegetables?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlBSuuy50Y

yikes at that propaganda. veganism is the NWO

Very simple, really.

Guilty until proven innocent. 

Most American thing there is!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If humans were meant to poop we would bathe our children in diarrhea and paint our walls with fecal matter  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sometimes I like your posts but you are out of your damn mind with this vegan shit. 

I have no issues with people choosing to be vegan (it's prob. a very healthy lifestyle) but the arguments you make to support it ie: eating babies, aliens coming down to earth to eat us, basking in the glory of 'executing' cows, eating down syndrome people, eating dogs etc. completely discredits anything you are trying to convey to us and leads me to believe you may or may not need serious psychological evaluation / council my friend.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The article says this happened under Bush and Obama as well. The state dept claims these cases have declined under trump rather than surged.

Why do people keep getting outraged at trump for things the past 2 administrations have done?

Why are you still eating animals?

Except Obama dropped all claims. Trump of course in all his intelligence...

Only problem with most vegans is them pushing it onto everyone else around them which just ends in endless stupid debates.

People looking down vegans claiming they are weak for not eating meat are even worse.

Sometimes I like your posts but you are out of your damn mind with this vegan shit.

I have no issues with people choosing to be vegan (it's prob. a very healthy lifestyle) but the arguments you make to support it ie: eating babies, aliens coming down to earth to eat us, basking in the glory of 'executing' cows, eating down syndrome people, eating dogs etc. completely discredits anything you are trying to convey to us and leads me to believe you may or may not need serious psychological evaluation / council my friend.

agreed except vegan lifestyle is not healthy. you can not get all

the vitamins and nutrients your body needs from strictly plant foods.

Very simple, really.

If you think this is true you don't live in a place i like to call "reality".

agreed except vegan lifestyle is not healthy. you can not get all

the vitamins and nutrients your body needs from strictly plant foods.

My cousin has to supplement with Vitamin B and Calcium.  If you are cool with that and don't like the idea of killing or using animals in any way for food, then fine be vegan.  But at least be honest about it and just say, "Im vegan because i dont want to kill/use animals for food." and be done with it.  Don't try to convince me that its healthier (its not), or that eating meat is not environmentally sustainable (it is) or that raising meat is ecologically bad (Thats only for factory farms, not 'real' farming) or any of a million other BS reasons. And don't try to take the moral high ground either, that is especially a non-starter to me.

The better answer is to source your food correctly.  Don't buy meat from any farms that wouldn't let you take a tour or pictures while you are there. If you can't guarantee the animals only have "one bad day"  don't buy the food.  Eat organic plants instead of traditional.  Chemical fertilizers, pesticides and monocultures (looking at you corn and soy) are just as ecologically destructive as factory farming.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Farming creates more greenhouse gasses than cars 

Cows produce a shit ton of methane. What you just said is nice and all but its not as if there arent serious issues with the way meat is brought to the table, and the impact that it has on our enviornment 

Farming creates more greenhouse gasses than cars

Cows produce a shit ton of methane. What you just said is nice and all but its not as if there arent serious issues with the way meat is brought to the table, and the impact that it has on our enviornment

Factory farming*

A lot of small farmers generate electricity from the methane their cows produce, its not just factory farms, or commodity beef

ya but cant u argue more cowshit = bigger and greener grass/trees/plants which combats a decent amount of that co2

LOL to a degree, but if the piles of cowshit get too big like they do with factory farms they just become toxic and unusable basically killing the land.  And methane is a stronger greenhouse gas than CO2 by a longshot. The meat industry has fought long and hard to hide that fact.

Factory farming*

which i did mention specifically and was chosen to be ignored lol.

A lot of small farmers generate electricity from the methane their cows produce, its not just factory farms, or commodity beef

Whether or not your farm is a "factory" farm or "real" farming tends to correlate with scale, but it doesn't have to.  If they are able to capture that much of the methane from their cows, they are probably running it like a factory. You could capture the waste from the cows when they go indoors, but that's a small portion of what we are talking about here.  The vast majority of the methane produced by farming comes from the giant toxic cesspools of factory farms.  That shit is nasty.  Cows shitting in a field then getting moved to another field every couple days in a proper rotation isn't going to tip the scales on global warming lol. 

And if we were to move to 100% plant based diet, where would the compost we need to put in the soil to keep it viable come from?  Without animals, that supply dwindles quickly and even more farms would be forced to use chemical fertilizers.  Chemicals that create a ton of greenhouse gas emissions from their creation, run off into waterways causing toxic algal blooms, and cause the soil to become devoid of the micro-flora and organic elements that keep it healthy.  Stripping the elements that made the food that grows on it healthier and made it more resistant to pests and drought. Thereby requiring more chemical fertilizer and more pesticides. around and around. 

The ecology is healthiest with proper management of both plants and animals and their inputs and outputs to the agricultural system.  Ignoring the fact that animals have a significant part to play in how we feed ourselves is ignoring a huge piece of the puzzle.