Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

No, with Fox you get "we, the masters of spin, literally cannot spin this in to a good thing, so here's the dude from Duck Dynasty to talk about radical Islam or whatever".

Also...

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/99pp2q/a_saudiled_coalition_airstrike_reportedly_just/

America's ally, ladies and gentlemen.

Whatever the most egregious offense depends entirely on your political spectrum. The point still stands that objectivity doesn't exist in a field that should be dedicated to it. Probably because that doesn't create views. People love echo chambers. They very few that just want the truth are better off surfing and drinking beers.

Like Denzel said you're uninformed or missinformed.https://youtu.be/fW4BqUNdF4Y

I don't want them dead, I just want the people involved to be publicly exposed and humiliated.

As for the Stalin thing, you guys have cried wolf so many fucking times over the past 2-3 years with the Stalin/Hitler/racist/nazi/fascist/treason/whatever insults that it really doesn't have an effect anymore.

Stalinist language leads to Stalinist action.

The initial people who uttered the words didn't want them dead.

It's only later when people have been swept up by fear and hatred then they act.

I can't say anything about the people who cried Nazi too many times, but when Trump creates a cult of personality similar to Stalin and recites his own quotes you gotta be thinking we've seen this before.

Problems with Islam go further back than the 70s.

Radical Islam was a reaction against western imperialism.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You either get Trump good 24/7 with fox or Trump bad 24/7 with everyone else. There needs to be a just the facts option.

You don't have to on the side of those media ghouls on CBS CNN etc to know that Trump is a fascist just waiting for the material opportunity to realise his authoritarian wet dreams.

looks like the thought police in kangaroo land are doing an excellent job.  Keep up the good work Niku...  you are the basement dweller we need but don't deserve. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You don't have to on the side of those media ghouls on CBS CNN etc to know that Trump is a fascist just waiting for the material opportunity to realise his authoritarian wet dreams.

Trump is definitely not a facist. The United States will never have a dictator. That's leftist fear mongering.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Democrats tend to be too stupid to understand what Fascism actually is, but they have depleted the racist card so they had to try something new.

You have to give them credit for trying.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Trump is definitely not a facist. The United States will never have a dictator. That's leftist fear mongering.

He's not, but he's literally said on multiple occasions he wants to be and should be allowed to. And he has a constituency that is completely out of their minds and a Republican Congress that are a bunch of spineless cowards trying to hold onto their seats. 

If you are trying to sound intelligent you should try to avoid beginning a sentence with a conjunction.

If you're trying to sound intelligent, you should never talk again and at least let people indulge in the possibility. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stalinist language leads to Stalinist action.

The initial people who uttered the words didn't want them dead.

It's only later when people have been swept up by fear and hatred then they act.

Guess what - I'm not responsible for what other people do. If the mainstream media doesn't want to be called the enemy of the people, maybe they should avoid teaming up in court to file motions to obtain the names and addresses of jurors in an ongoing trail. Or any trial, for that matter.

I can't say anything about the people who cried Nazi too many times, but when Trump creates a cult of personality similar to Stalin and recites his own quotes you gotta be thinking we've seen this before.

So now going against the public opinion and supporting the president that the media, deep state, and cooperating foreign interests all teamed up to try and convince everyone is a racisthitlernazi, makes me part of a "cult of personality". You people really are something else, you know that?

If the mainstream media doesn't want to be called the enemy of the people, maybe they should avoid teaming up in court to file motions to obtain the names and addresses of jurors in an ongoing trail. Or any trial, for that matter.

Getting juror identification for post-trial interviews and essentially mandating legal intervention to acquire this information is standard journalistic practice you fucking idiot. 

"lol libruhls think fascism is rising in America"

"FREEDOM OF INFORMATION IS BAD YOU COMMIES"

Why don't you try addressing me directly, Baizuo Lemon.

Why do you think that the media not having access to the names and addresses of people who served on a jury is an unjust obstruction on freedom of information? What entitles the media to that information (regardless of their agenda)? Why is that their business? Why should they be trusted with that information? These are private citizens doing their civic duty for the government, not NPCs that exist only to serve the corrupt, irresponsible curious, well-intentioned media. If you're going to try and counter with some bullshit about the need for accountability (or just cling to that "freedom of information" buzzword like wet toilet paper), then that's funny because putting everyone's personal information on the line in the name of "accountability" sounds an awful lot like the authoritarian state that you're pissing pants about Trump plotting in Putin's dining room or whatever the theory is.

You probably won't even respond to this, it will be just another isolated two-line shitpost about either fucking idiot this, Trump fascismhiternazi that, everyone who doesn't share my totally-rational political views is a treasonhead poonugget, etc etc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Judges can and have denied juror identification information when it's been determined that their safety is in clear danger. If that is not the case, then why hide it? 

I don't address you with respect because you don't research your own dumbass opinions, and why would I rebuke an argument that you haven't substantiated? 

"They shouldn't have the juror names." 

"Why?" 

"BECAUSE MEDIA BAD, GOVERNMENT GOOD"

Judges can and have denied juror identification information when it's been determined that their safety is in clear danger. If that is not the case, then why hide it? 

I don't address you with respect because you don't research your own dumbass opinions, and why would I rebuke an argument that you haven't substantiated? 

"They shouldn't have the juror names." 

"Why?" 

"BECAUSE MEDIA BAD, GOVERNMENT GOOD"

Why do you think that the media not having access to the names and addresses of people who served on a jury is an unjust obstruction on freedom of information? What entitles the media to that information (regardless of their agenda)? Why is that their business? Why should they be trusted with that information? These are private citizens doing their civic duty for the government, not NPCs that exist only to serve the corrupt, irresponsible curious, well-intentioned media. If you're going to try and counter with some bullshit about the need for accountability (or just cling to that "freedom of information" buzzword like wet toilet paper), then that's funny because putting everyone's personal information on the line in the name of "accountability" sounds an awful lot like the authoritarian state that you're pissing pants about Trump plotting in Putin's dining room or whatever the theory is.

Hey smart fuck, you can't ask "why" and then completely forego answering "why not". My point from the beginning is that this is the way it's always been. The burden is on you to explain why the status quo is broken while trying to avoid tripping over your own biases. 

I love that classic Twitter liberal attitude though. "I don't address you with respect because you're a big fat wrongface! By the way, you're an intolerant fascist!"

How poorly does someone have to be raised to become like that?

I was brought up on the optimistic idea that I should coddle and handhold stupid opinions like ones commonly found in this thread and waste a fuckton of time, so you could indeed say I was raised poorly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey smart fuck, you can't ask "why" and then completely forego answering "why not". My point from the beginning is that this is the way it's always been. The burden is on you to explain why the status quo is broken while trying to avoid tripping over your own biases. 

How progressive. You people really have become your own organized religion.

I already told you why not. This is private information about private citizens falling into the hands of people who have no business with that information. The point of private information is that it's private, and not up for grabs just because some skeevy media coalition asked for it.

Sooooooo, now that I answered my part (AGAIN)...

This applies to every political thread on the internet.

"Thus men continue to accuse themselves of being unjust, violent, cruel, and treacherous to one another, but they do not accuse themselves of cutting the throats of other animals and of feeding upon their mangled limbs, which, nevertheless, is the single cause of that injustice." - Jean-Antoine Gleizes

• Downvote (-1) 1