Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Also, happy Independence Day everyone. 

Feels good to be lucky enough to be born in the greatest country in history.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Killing and eating animals is the ultimate expression of domination and is inextricably linked to our killing of each other.

The Golden Rule is called The Golden Rule for a reason: That which is harmful to you, do not do to others.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Killing and eating animals is the ultimate expression of domination and is inextricably linked to our killing of each other.

The Golden Rule is called The Golden Rule for a reason: That which is harmful to you, do not do to others.

Stop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlBSuuy50Y&feature=youtu.be

Thank you for posting this, McKeever. I admire your willingness to say what needs to be said, even if you are mocked or harassed for it. I very much enjoyed the posted video, very neat!
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yea man keep fighting the good fight, even if you get negatively repped and yelled at in all caps!

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrlBSuuy50Y&feature=youtu.be

I killed 17 prairie dogs since sunday and this fall i’ll be arrowing an elk, mule deer and have a speed goat tag for rifle season.

Cant fkn wait.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I killed 17 prairie dogs since sunday and this fall i’ll be arrowing an elk, mule deer and have a speed goat tag for rifle season.

Cant fkn wait.

post pics pls

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not a big fan of the current mass farms of chickens and pigs due to poor conditions and whatnot, however saying no animals should be eaten as food is just rediculous and impractical. 

How many bugs are killed by pesticides in the agricultural field each year (Not to mention of the enviornmental impact of that)? Bunnies and other animals are killed in the harvest of vegitation due to machinery plowing the fields. 

Just seems like in order for humanity to thrive, especially at our current population on this planet thats the cost of making food.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also, happy Independence Day everyone. 

Feels good to be lucky enough to be born in the greatest country in history.

I love you Americans but god sentences like this make me laugh.

Your country has been around for just 242 years... there's a hell of a lot of history behind that and a hell of a lot more to come. 

I love you Americans but god sentences like this make me laugh.

Your country has been around for just 242 years... there's a hell of a lot of history behind that and a hell of a lot more to come. 

I always assumed history started in 1492, weird. 

I'm not a big fan of the current mass farms of chickens and pigs due to poor conditions and whatnot, however saying no animals should be eaten as food is just rediculous and impractical. 

How many bugs are killed by pesticides in the agricultural field each year (Not to mention of the enviornmental impact of that)? Bunnies and other animals are killed in the harvest of vegitation due to machinery plowing the fields. 

Just seems like in order for humanity to thrive, especially at our cuirrent population on this planet thats the cost of making food.

I agree we should try not to be needlessly cruel to animals but sometimes killing animals is just the price we pay to stay alive. 

I'll accept animals as equals if and only if they can work together on an equally convincing moon landing hoax. If your species hasn't "been to the moon" then you're food.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just seems like in order for humanity to thrive, especially at our current population on this planet thats the cost of making food.

Chickens are kind of awful and dumb af but regardless - this goes back to the argument we had a while ago, you get what you pay for - I only buy humane certified and organic chickens - idk about you but I dont mind paying more to make sure that the food I eat 1. had a good life and 2. was slaughetered in accordance with the highest starndards. 

I am not downplaying it, it simply isn't a big problem. According to the FBI, there was 6,063 "hate-crimes" in 2016, of those, only 17% were based on sexual orientation. 

Also, we were talking about discrimination from the government and companies, not hate crimes. America is not a deeply homophobic country.

By this definition, I suppose it's also fair to say that RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM is not a big problem either.

Beyond that, yes, of course, companies should be able to deny business to gay people. They should be able to deny business to tall people if they want. Just don't be surprised when you get boycotted or a competitor in the free market caters to the group you discriminated against. It's America, you can be a jerk without the government pointing a gun at you. Churches and organizations should be free to live by their values as long as they are not actively hurting anyone.

Enjoy your democrat restaurants and Republican pubs then. Hell why not just be a jerk and atomize society because freedumb? 

As you briefly mentioned the government itself had discriminatory laws against black people so it was hardly a free market where companies could easily choose not to segregate. In addition to that fact, I'll admit, it was a dark time in American history not really comparable to now. Homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else. Those rights do not include forcing companies to serve you. 

Laws and state sanctioned persecution occurs when enough people at the individual want it to happen. The government may not be wholly democratic but it loosely resembles to culture of the people within the society.

By this definition, I suppose it's also fair to say that RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM is not a big problem either.

I mean yeah, the chances of getting killed in a terrorist attack are pretty slim. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do what we can to prevent them. Just as we shouldn't do anything to encourage hate crimes. But there isn't a mass epidemic of either.

Enjoy your democrat restaurants and Republican pubs then. Hell why not just be a jerk and atomize society because freedumb? 

Yeah that would obviously be bad for the culture, but people should be free to do as they want. I have some faith that the majority of companies will not try and lose half the countries money in that way, however.

Laws and state sanctioned persecution occurs when enough people at the individual want it to happen. The government may not be wholly democratic but it loosely resembles to culture of the people within the society.

Laws should not discriminate against any group obviously.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

maxresdefault.jpg

293472DD00000578-3103008-image-m-57_1433

I love meat! Dog tastes absolutely delicious - you guys should try it sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love meat! Dog tastes absolutely delicious - you guys should try it sometime.

I'd try it, although id imagine it being tough as theyre pretty lean animals. def  not the most bizarre animal eaten in the world tho

shit legendaryshotz was kind of right...hm how can I turn this into a tug of the heartstrings match...ah yes. A picture of the chinese eating dogs. that'l get em 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Many are keen to point out that vegetarians and vegans 'force their opinions on others'. But I'm just as keen to tell them that meat eaters force their opinions on the animals.

• Upvote (+1) 1