FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

In what way do you mean?

Allegedly Tommy Robinson got arrested for reporting on a trial. At least that's the narrative I keep hearing.

Could be about keeping the whole process low key. A trial with a lot of reporting stirs up public opinion and depending on the crime and possibly more importantly the verdict. If the crime is severe enough regardless of if you're convicted, even just being accused can ruin you socially and professionally. Not gonna bother on my opinion on whether it should or shouldn't be illegal to report on that stuff, or the punishment for doing so, just my reasoning for it being a no no.

He has been reaporting these types of things for a while and they take it as a racist attack, but all he’s doing is pointing out the obvious in this country. If you’ve watched his you tube content or streams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why is it illegal to report on a trial in the UK?

You might have mistaken the UK as a place where people have freedom. A common misconception for us americans.

Non-Americans will never truly understand why Americans are so hung-up on being proud of their freedom.

The mere fact that my sister-inlaw in England told me the other day that she's only allowed two bags of trash (the size of the bags determined by her local govt) per week, meanwhile, here in Merica, I can pile as much as I want into my cans and even put extra cans on the curb come trash day...i.e., I own three 33-gallon cans in addition to the 50-gallon one that I'm give by the local waste disposal company.

English peeps don't get America. Yet, I bet if you asked what they thought of the Scots or Irish...they'd give you some interesting stories.

At the end of the day, the world hates the United States of America because we are free-thinkers, but at the same time, they love us and want to be us, why else would our borders be crawling with illegals day in and day out.

I'm no Commonwealth Stan or anything but you're making some pretty far fetched assumptions. We definitely have our pros that other countries don't have, they very well may be jealous(for lack of a better word) of some of em. But we also have a huge handful of pretty serious cons such as gun violence, mass corruption

which is extra scary considering the power of the US, piss poor education in tons of places, mass incarceration, poor budgeting/money allocation, prez dongle trunk etc... That free thinkers comment was hysterical tho. Take it from a lefty towards a righty or vice versa, they'll say the opposing side are brain washed sheep. We have televised coverage of famous people and their legal battles, we have "news stations" labeled entertainment so they don't have to bother with being factual, we have news that flat out lies, not misreports, they lie. People still watch it and believe it tho. We have some great minds here, but to say the world hates us for being free thinkers is absurdly re tar ded. We have plenty of reasons to be hated, but I don't think that's one of the reasons..

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm no Commonwealth Stan or anything but you're making some pretty far fetched assumptions. We definitely have our pros that other countries don't have, they very well may be jealous(for lack of a better word) of some of em. But we also have a huge handful of pretty serious cons such as gun violence, mass corruption

which is extra scary considering the power of the US, piss poor education in tons of places, mass incarceration, poor budgeting/money allocation, prez dongle trunk etc... That free thinkers comment was hysterical tho. Take it from a lefty towards a righty or vice versa, they'll say the opposing side are brain washed sheep. We have televised coverage of famous people and their legal battles, we have "news stations" labeled entertainment so they don't have to bother with being factual, we have news that flat out lies, not misreports, they lie. People still watch it and believe it tho. We have some great minds here, but to say the world hates us for being free thinkers is absurdly re tar ded. We have plenty of reasons to be hated, but I don't think that's one of the reasons..

Here's the thing, you've got the freedom to not watch the media/news, you've got the freedom to be a lefty or a righty or neither. You've got the freedom to literally do whatever the hell you want to do...you wanna buy some land and isolate yourself, you pretty much can in Texas...of course that's gonna cost you a lot of money, but that's besides the point.

As a society we're all caught up on social media and needing attention...the media just fuels the so-called need we have to know what's going on, that itch we get. Do I need to come on this forum to post? Nah...why do I? I guess I get small itch of entertainment out of forum discussion...but I really don't need to come on here and I can easily isolate myself to never come on here.

Lots of places around the world do not have near the freedoms and liberties we have and we are not perfect by no means, yet a lot of people wanna come here day in and day out.

I do think that majority of the world are not free-thinkers, they may be free as a people like we are in a way, but they arent "free" thinkers. The fact that I can pile as much trash as I want into my cans and put it on my curbside...but my English peeps are limited to two bags a week...I'm sure in a way that pisses them off...environmentalism aside.

Non-Americans will never truly understand why Americans are so hung-up on being proud of their freedom.

The mere fact that my sister-inlaw in England told me the other day that she's only allowed two bags of trash (the size of the bags determined by her local govt) per week, meanwhile, here in Merica, I can pile as much as I want into my cans and even put extra cans on the curb come trash day...i.e., I own three 33-gallon cans in addition to the 50-gallon one that I'm give by the local waste disposal company.

English peeps don't get America. Yet, I bet if you asked what they thought of the Scots or Irish...they'd give you some interesting stories.

At the end of the day, the world hates the United States of America because we are free-thinkers, but at the same time, they love us and want to be us, why else would our borders be crawling with illegals day in and day out.

Because America's global governance, through the arms of the IMF and the World Bank has economically terrorized Latin America and destroyed their economies. NAFTA has gutted Mexico.

People don't like America because they are 'free thinkers'. They don't like America because they terrorize other countries, go to wars for no reason, interfere in other democracies, embargo and sanction economies.

you've got the freedom to be a lefty or a righty or neither. 

The Communist Party USA is banned in the US.

Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly was and has been continuously infringed by state police in the United States especially during the height of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

You don't have the freedom to be a lefty and the McCarthy era is proof of it. 

The third amendment is also being infringed in that it prohibits the quartering of soldiers in private homes during peace time, but at the same time, the police has become so militarized that their gear is practically the same as soldiers.

This is just a few observations of strict infringements or stretches to the Constitution. You are not free. 

Communists aren't people though so they are not entitled to the same rights I enjoy.

This is also not enforced since bernie was allowed to run.

• Downvote (-1) 1

On this Memorial Day, let us pay special attention to those who came before us that sacrificed their lives to protect our right to use as many garbage bags as we'd please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But this leaves a question...

How do those who have HOA's that forbid the usage of more than 2 garbage bags per week honor soldiers for Memorial Day?

I also looked OKC waste management up for Oklahoma county. All houses get at least 1 Big Blue. Some have 2 already but if you have 1 you can request a new one for free. But if you need more, you can only have up to 4 and the last 2 will be applied to your utility bill every month. Also, they'll only take what's in Big Blue anything falls out and its on you. Our big trash day is the first Monday of every month and guess what, I can't put a mountain of stuff. It specifies it should be no more than a refrigerator(laying horizontal) size. After that size they won't take it. Possibly even a fine if stays for a day.

Freedom

Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly was and has been continuously infringed by state police in the United States especially during the height of the Occupy Wall Street movement.

You don't have the freedom to be a lefty and the McCarthy era is proof of it.

The third amendment is also being infringed in that it prohibits the quartering of soldiers in private homes during peace time, but at the same time, the police has become so militarized that their gear is practically the same as soldiers.

This is just a few observations of strict infringements or stretches to the Constitution. You are not free.

“The communist party is banned and a bunch of adult children got arrested by police officers protecting public property”

“You are not free”.

Hahahaha. I would prob be in jail for the rest of my life if the weekends festivities took place in kangaroo land

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What in the heck were you attempting to say in this piece of nonsense you just posted?

He is saying police department budgets are a bit absurd.

Not sure on the first part... maybe he is talking about the stationing of our troops all around the globe, in times of peace.

but his Ithink his overall point is talking about cutting gov waste/overspending

But he said third amendment. How does police spending mean that police officers are barging into my house and living there (of which they don't)

That was just a guess. idk what the fuck he is talking about

Nor do I. Guess brain damage isn't limited to Twitter.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1