Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Imagine not being influenced by the things you read on facebook and having a mind of your own.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you fuckin serious? You REALLY don't see a problem with this?

Is it a dumb ad that shouldn't be a thing? Yes. Is it really that serious of a problem? No. If an ad really fucks with you that much, you have a problem. It's a fucking ad on a screen. Caring this much about something that is Alex Jones level hysteria.

BDJ is probably one of those people who complained about the Cheerios commercial with the interracial couple/family. 

THE WORLD IS ENDING

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah man having an advertisement with a ten year old "drag queen" being played by one of the largest corporations on the planet in the middle of TIMES SQUARE is totally comparable to a happy family in a cereal commercial. You both have your heads in the sand, everyone can see it but you.

edit: The one I posted isn't even advertising any product, it's just an effort to normalize these disgusting behaviors.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every normal person walks by that without even noticing

If you feel your masculinity is threatened by a thing like that, you have much bigger problems at hand

All you're doing is further convincing me that the only REAL answer to americas problems are rope, and that trying to talk our way out of the situation our country is in is a completely wasted effort. You totally sidestep the issue (sexualization of children, that's exactly what this is you can deny it until you're blue in the face) and make it about my "masculinity being threatened".

When's the last time you complained about child beauty pageants? You know, the ones that don't typically feature "disgusting trannies"? 

Oh, probably literally never. 

I have my head in the sand? You're more transparent than air.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean I didn't view it as sexualization of a child. I saw a kid dancing around.

Maybe you're the one sexualizing it by jumping to that? There's sexualization of kids everywhere in Media.

I see what you mean by it but it's a ridiculous hill to die on.

When's the last time you complained about child beauty pageants? You know, the ones that don't typically feature "disgusting trannies"? 

Oh, probably literally never. 

I have my head in the sand? You're more transparent than air.

They shouldn't exist, I consider them abuse.

Are you fuckin serious? You REALLY don't see a problem with this?

nah

All you're doing is further convincing me that the only REAL answer to americas problems are rope, and that trying to talk our way out of the situation our country is in is a completely wasted effort. You totally sidestep the issue (sexualization of children, that's exactly what this is you can deny it until you're blue in the face) and make it about my "masculinity being threatened".

performing drag isnt sexualization btw btw

• Downvote (-1) 2

I don't have to watch it or hear anymore about it cuz no matter the intention or message its trying to convey, its still trash cuz bambino ain't been good like 7 years

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey man listen he’s like in the new Star Wars And is really talented okay Dan Lebatard said so!

Hey man listen he’s like in the new Star Wars And is really talented okay Dan Lebatard said so!

this is a bad take

Truth hurts

so what happens when the truth lies into something that isn't to your liking, as in this instance

I end up right and anyone disagreeing is wrong. How did you not get that