Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

Long as post

Being #WOKE is just a hipster trend that will die out. Remember when everyone was planking....or saying swag constantly....or listening to "dubstep." People will move on as soon as something else comes along. People will probably start shoving birth control in their ass as they snort condoms filled with tidepods or something soon and being woke will be as small a footnote as Jersey shore

compared to carlson, probably all of them

Sean Hannity, Laurence O'Donnell, Tomi Lauren, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'reilly are better in your eyes?

Good to know.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Can we build a wall around California and just let it do its totalitarian thing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dream bigger. Wall off Oregon and Washington as well.

I'm game as long as Idaho can take Spokane first.

Any state that bans straws can’t be trusted!

its literally not worth the plastic waste it produces

dont think its too hard to pick up the drink and put it towards your mouth lol

Then the ice touches my lips or goes in my mouth.

Pass

im guessing u use your boyfriends penis as a straw to suck the cum out of his balls amirite?

• Upvote (+1) 4

California would love it if they could separate from US, but the union will never let it happen because it would decimate the country's economy. 

I personally think Los Angeles needs another professional sports team, they only have like two or more in each of the four North American sports lol

Heck even magic Johnson just started a new MLS team in LA, and they already have the most successful MLS team there is... why not? Just add more!!!

The California bill bans conversion therapy you fucktwats. 

lol somehow im a monster for wanting to convert furries to humans.

"The California bill bans conversion therapy you fucktwats. 

First, if someone WANTS conversion therapy why can't they get it? Even though I doubt it would work. 

Second, the bill is horribly worded and could easily be abused. 

"This bill would include, as an unlawful practice prohibited under the Consumer Legal Remedies Act, advertising, offering to engage in, or engaging in sexual orientation change efforts with an individual. The bill would also declare the intent of the Legislature in this regard"

The word advertise is very questionable in this. Also, it is important to acknowledge that this is in addition to an existing law that basically did the same thing but only for " mental health care providers", while this new law does not make such provisions.

"(i) (1) “Sexual orientation change efforts” means any practices that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation. This includes efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions, or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex.

(2) “Sexual orientation change efforts” does not include psychotherapies that: (A) provide acceptance, support, and understanding of clients or the facilitation of clients’ coping, social support, and identity exploration and development, including sexual orientation-neutral interventions to prevent or address unlawful conduct or unsafe sexual practices; and (B) do not seek to change sexual orientation."
So yes, this could very easily be used to ban books that question the current liberal narrative on sexuality. 

May want to edit that and paste as "plain text" big guy 

Don't tell me how to live you fascist 

• Upvote (+1) 1

First, if someone WANTS conversion therapy why can't they get it? Even though I doubt it would work.

"This is an attack on religious liberty!" "Uh, uh I mean, it's an attack on individual liberty! Got'em"

Are you really telling me that you're willing to protect a highly institutionalized practice of psychological and often physical abuse simply because one or two people might (outwardly) desire it? I want you to think reeeaaal hard about what you're enabling with that mindset. 

Second, the bill is horribly worded and could easily be abused. 

"This bill would include, as an unlawful practice prohibited under the Consumer Legal Remedies Act, advertising, offering to engage in, or engaging in sexual orientation change efforts with an individual. The bill would also declare the intent of the Legislature in this regard"

The word advertise is very questionable in this. Also, it is important to acknowledge that this is in addition to an existing law that basically did the same thing but only for " mental health care providers", while this new law does not make such provisions.

Yeah, because they're outlawing it as a non-professional practice as well. 

"(i) (1) “Sexual orientation change efforts” means any practices that seek to change an individual’s sexual orientation. This includes efforts to change behaviors or gender expressions,[/size] or to eliminate or reduce sexual or romantic attractions or feelings toward individuals of the same sex.

(2) “Sexual orientation change efforts” does not include psychotherapies that: (A) provide acceptance, support, and understanding of clients or the facilitation of clients’ coping, social support, and identity exploration and development, including sexual orientation-neutral interventions to prevent or address unlawful conduct or unsafe sexual practices; and (B) do not seek to change sexual orientation."

So yes, this could very easily be used to ban books that question the current liberal narrative on sexuality. 

Wtf are you talking about? Where is that even remotely suggested in the bill? 

Don't tell me how to live you fascist 

dude I don't even know how to spell fascist 

Are there any leftists in this thread that aren't phag liberals? Just asking cause it makes the thread interesting.

Can we wall off the welfare-mooches in the deep south before we consider walling off California? Why should my tax dollars go to people who aren't working?